nintendo, micro soft, & sony alternatives.

T3GZdev

head of T3GZdev
OP
Trophies
Website
sites.google.com
XP
Country
United States
k so mainly when you hear game or console the 1st thing that would com to mind is Nintendo Microsoft & Sony, the all have current consoles(i actually consider Dreamcast to be current gen also because it was last of its line), but what are the alternatives, hers a list up other & upcoming company's with consoles coming.

current gen technical specs
Wii
CPU = 1.0 GHz (but under clocked to 729 MHz)
CPU = 2.5 GHz
PS3
CPU = 2.5 GHz

SEGA (a comeback?)
ok our probably going why? well in 2009 they released the sega vision.
built in TV tuner, Radio, Movie player, music player, digital camera, video camera, Games, Books (e book), &voice recorder it had it all, uncomfortably for now its only in Europe.

Sega Vision PMP
only technical info i know is that it had 2GB internal memory.
sega_vision_1.jpg

sega_vision.jpg

then now there talking about releasing somethign called Sega Ring Edge or Ring Wide. its also rumor that sonic the hedgehog for will also be released on it. with this console being the last revealed console.

Sega Ringwide
CPU: Intel Celeron 440 (2.0 GHz)
RAM: 1 GB DDR2 SDRAM (PC-5300)
GPU: ATI Radeon HD 2xxx with 128 MB GDDR3 SDRAM (Shader Model 4.0)
Output: 1 DVI port
Storage: 8GB CF
Networking: Gigabit Ethernet (1000BASE-T)
Other: 2 USB ports, 5.1 channel HD Audio, Sega ALL.NET online
segaboards.jpg

sega-ringedge1.jpg

19897-122534-bb06jpg-468x.jpg

ONLIVE
Onlive site
onlive is apparently making a console called ON LIVE & not sure when its coming but iv seen screens of it playing gears or war 2, & some other current games. its said to be full digital meaning no retail games.\

ON LIVE
Retail availability = US June 17, 2010
Media = N/A (on-demand content)
CPU = OnLive (server based)
Controller input = 4 wireless, 2 USB
Online services = OnLive Games On Demand

onlive_1.jpg

onlive.jpg

Zeebo
Zeebo site
Zeebo came out of noware, they seem to be trying to take on everyone, sony, nintendo, & playstation according to there site.
they have some games like resident evil 4, crash & quake. i dont think this is coming to america tho. i know its coming to Germany, china & mexico.

Zeebo
Media = digital distribution
CPU = ARM11 clocked at 528Mhz
Storage capacity = 1 GB NAND flash
Connectivity 1 SD card slot
3 USB 2.0 ports
3G HSUPA, 2.5G EDGE, 2G GPRS
Online services ZeeboNet on Claro 3G in Brazil, Telcel in Mexico
800px-Boomerang_controle.jpg

zeebo.jpg

Last edited by T3GZdev,

Justin121994

Bitcoin. coinbase.com/andrew
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The wii's cpu is underclocked?? o.o
Learned something new..
Hmm wish we could overclock it.Not possible isn't it..
Or is this just wrong facts..

idk i'm stupid lol.
Someone clear this up for me
biggrin.gif

monkat

I'd like to see you TRY to ban me. (Should I try?.
Banned
Trophies
Website
www.monkat.net
XP
Country
United States
Sega will NOT be making a comeback, no matter how much I want them to. They are comfortable where they are. SegaVision was just licensed to a different company, if I recall correctly, not actually made by Sega. I thought the "Ring" series was going to be arcade machines? They still make those.

OnLive is a cloud gaming pioneer, not a console. They are going to allow us to buy games from them, and then play them on our computer, using their (extremely expensive non-consumer-level) consoles to process the information.

I don't know anything about Zeebo, but it seems to just be an emulation device, like the Dingoo, but more advanced for less wealthy areas. I am not 100%, as it is possible that games like RE4 were ported to it, but I can't imagine that it would be profitable to do so.

T3GZdev

head of T3GZdev
OP
Trophies
Website
sites.google.com
XP
Country
United States
monkat said:
Sega will NOT be making a comeback, no matter how much I want them to. They are comfortable where they are. SegaVision was just licensed to a different company, if I recall correctly, not actually made by Sega. I thought the "Ring" series was going to be arcade machines? They still make those.

OnLive is a cloud gaming pioneer, not a console. They are going to allow us to buy games from them, and then play them on our computer, using their (extremely expensive non-consumer-level) consoles to process the information.

I don't know anything about Zeebo, but it seems to just be an emulation device, like the Dingoo, but more advanced for less wealthy areas. I am not 100%, as it is possible that games like RE4 were ported to it, but I can't imagine that it would be profitable to do so.

i knw how ya feel i want sega to make a comeback too, im not sure what there doing, i just do homebrew for now, but if i was already a major game developer i woud buy sega & bring um back for us all.
my future plans when i get out of high school is to join in the Gaming console business. take on the big 3. & there unique plans
evil.gif

monkat

Banned
Trophies
Website
www.monkat.net
XP
Country
United States
t377y000 said:
i knw how ya feel i want sega to make a comeback too, im not sure what there doing, i just do homebrew for now, but if i was already a major game developer i woud buy sega & bring um back for us all.
my future plans when i get out of high school college university a high-end business school, years of non-game-related business roles, and have a ton of money and credibility is to join in the Gaming console business. take on the big 3. & there unique plans
evil.gif

Fixed that for you
happy.gif
!

Yeah...good luck with that. The console is a tough industry when a company like Sega goes under after something like the Dreamcast, even if it was their own fault. People like to get what they know, that's why all of the major console businesses have been successful. Sega and Nintendo were arcade manufacturers (great venue), Sony and Microsoft were and are technology giants, and everyone else has bailed by now!

T3GZdev

head of T3GZdev
OP
Trophies
Website
sites.google.com
XP
Country
United States
monkat said:
t377y000 said:
my future plans when i get out of high school college university a high-end business school, years of non-game-related business roles, and have a ton of money and credibility is to join in the Gaming console business. take on the big 3. & there unique plans
evil.gif

Fixed that for you
happy.gif
!

Yeah...good luck with that. The console is a tough industry when a company like Sega goes under after something like the Dreamcast, even if it was their own fault. People like to get what they know, that's why all of the major console businesses have been successful. Sega and Nintendo were arcade manufacturers (great venue), Sony and Microsoft were and are technology giants, and everyone else has bailed by now!

what about the Dingo & Pandora, & iv seen lots of others make litle devices.

dingo vid

pandora vid

cant anyone that just saves up about $5000 or more cash (if there experienced, know every part needed, & have resources)put something together & it be innovative.

monkat

Banned
Trophies
Website
www.monkat.net
XP
Country
United States
Dingoo and Pandora are both emulator devices. They don't take on the big 3. They rely on them.

Yes, with $5000 you will be able to manufacture a next-gen (64-bit era) emulation system, probably. No you will not have the money for licensing, consumer manufacturing, advertising, taxes, or anything else. And that's assuming that you are making something like Pandora, which is basically just special hardware with a Linux port. If you make your own thing, take into account software development costs and staffing.

It costs hundreds of thousands of dollars (often more) to make something like a console, even if it is an emulator system like that, and no one is going to give you a loan if you don't have previous CEO experience.

T3GZdev

head of T3GZdev
OP
Trophies
Website
sites.google.com
XP
Country
United States
monkat said:
Dingoo and Pandora are both emulator devices. They don't take on the big 3. They rely on them.

Yes, with $5000 you will be able to manufacture a next-gen (64-bit era) emulation system, probably. No you will not have the money for licensing, consumer manufacturing, advertising, taxes, or anything else. And that's assuming that you are making something like Pandora, which is basically just special hardware with a Linux port. If you make your own thing, take into account software development costs and staffing.

It costs hundreds of thousands of dollars (often more) to make something like a console, even if it is an emulator system like that, and no one is going to give you a loan if you don't have previous CEO experience.

i actually kinda talk to the guy that worked on pandora, didnt really seem that hard to make. just some some use of eagle, CAD, & linux.(he also reccomended gettign the pcb built if ya have the cash) i dont really plan to make just a emulator. i am workign on something tho, & al that other stuff ill just cross that bridge when it comes.

Panzer Tacticer

veteran human
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
On Live may well massively kill off piracy, if it can be made to work.

It will be a great boon to game makers, but it won't do much to push hard ware sales.

The HP Slate will be capable of running Windows, and as a result, may well be a major force in portable PC type gaming.

Won't be much good for anyone wanting over powerful games that are too demanding for their own good, but it will likely run all my wargames just fine
smile.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Sorry for accidentally bending over