Nintendo Letterbox error?

Discussion in '3DS - Games & Content' started by LAA, Jan 5, 2012.

Jan 5, 2012

Nintendo Letterbox error? by LAA at 3:02 PM (692 Views / 0 Likes) 4 replies

1. LAA
    OP

Member LAA GBAtemp Fan

United Kingdom
    Hi,
    I turned on my nintendo letterbox this morning, only to recieve a "Could not repair the letter management file. Please press "HOME button" to return to the HOME menu"
    I have tried going to home, closing the app and going back on the app, but this did not work. I also tried turning off the 3DS and going back on the app and this did not work either.
    Did anyone else recieve this error message?

I would want to keep all the stationery I bought and things I've unlocked if I can, if not, I guess I will have to do it.
    Thanks!

2. Pong20302000

Member Pong20302000 making notes on everything

Japan
    delete the app from memeory all other stuff will be sotred in the extra data and just redownload it

3. LAA
    OP

Member LAA GBAtemp Fan

United Kingdom
    Are you sure? I just checked my extra data list and there is no letterbox there. I did however notice a "?" title worth 0 blocks. I'm guessing this means my nintendo letterbox got corrupted... somehow...

4. Pong20302000

Member Pong20302000 making notes on everything

Japan
    possible if thats the extra data then yes you may have corrupted it

5. LAA
    OP

Member LAA GBAtemp Fan

United Kingdom
    OK, I tried just deleted extra data. Letterbox works again! And the best thing, I still have all my stationary! One bad thing though, you lose all your letters, even the nikki ones sadly...

Not sure about the special new year letter though, luckily a friend sent me a letter with that stationary and after I read it, it said it was saving it. So I pressume the special stationary isnt kept if you delete the extra data.