Hacking Nintendo DSL Technical/Acekard Question

Psychopathic

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ok I bought a DS Lite in great cosmetic condition from ebay. The only thing is the system boots up properly but on the bottom screen says 'Looking for software available for download'.
I bought it because it doesn't seem like there is anything wrong with it but he was selling it as broken because of the message.

Now...I noticed most flash carts skip the ds system menu completely. When my Acekard2i comes in and i have it all loaded up correctly, will it most likely boot into the acekard completely bypassing this issue?

Has this happened to anybody else?

Thanks in advance.

Yuan

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Original R4 at least bypassed anything (even h&s screen), but acekard doesn't. If acekard doesn't work at it, maybe using a bypassing flashcard + Flashme should fix this DSL.

Psychopathic

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I also have some sort of R4 clone on my mom's ds. It bypasses the menu. If worst comes to worst I'll trade her. Also, I know this is the wrong area to talk about R4 but is there a place I can go to tell me exactly what R4 I have?

Yuan

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Psychopathic said:
I also have some sort of R4 clone on my mom's ds. It bypasses the menu. If worst comes to worst I'll trade her. Also, I know this is the wrong area to talk about R4 but is there a place I can go to tell me exactly what R4 I have?

If it bypasses the menu it is fine, doesn't matter which clone it is. If acekard won't work (it probably won't) try it, if it works, you either keep using it or use flashme to recover your DS's firmware and then use acekard.

Psychopathic

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Wel, I got the DS Lite in the mail today. It seems when u turn it on, it only sometimes clicks the download play button by itself and tries to find software. The R4 bypasses this completely and when I use acekard, if i press a very quickly when the menu comes up it bypasses it also.

thieves like us

chaos personified
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
it sounds like one of the buttons is partially stuck. if you have the ability, I would take the back cover off and check the rubber inserts for the start, select, a, b, x and y buttons as well as the physical switches for the left and right shoulder buttons. clean the motherboard areas where the buttons make contact and the back side of the rubber inserts with some isopropol alcohol.

just be careful when reassembling the system to make sure that the power and volume sliders are lined up properly with the actual switches so that you don't break them off.

additionally, if you can get into the touch screen calibration screen, make sure that it allows you to calibrate it correctly (otherwise, it could be a bad touch screen that needs replacing)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: Float like a butterfly burns when I pee lol