Hacking Nintendo DS Solar (Not solar powered)

CheatingSoi

Graphic Designer
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I told my friend that I got the DSi and he told my other friend Nick. Nick still has an original DS Phat and just started laughing about how many Different DS's they have released. We started talking about how the next DS will be the DS Solar and will have screens as bright as the sun and you would have to wear special glasses in order to see the screen (and not go blind of course!) It would be released in japan and have to be recalled because it blinded people, so once they released everywhere else, instead of dimming the screens, they just give out sunglasses. Idk just kinda a conversation we had but the best part is I have pictures!

DVC00193.jpg

DVC00195.jpg

DVC00194.jpg

Martiin

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i like the new feature about blinding eyes
i think im going to get one, but is it worth the money?
i'll just stick to my DSHeavy..

CheatingSoi

Graphic Designer
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
From what I've used of it, its not really worth the upgrade. It is nice however, to be able to play outside in broad daylight and see the screen flawlessly. So I guess if your playing it on the go, in a car or anywhere outdoors or with a lot of light. This system is for you.

Also, no I did not create my own homebrew. I simply found the logo and health screen on google, edited it, and made just enough space in between both pictures so it would show up on moonshell in both screen mode. I used the old moonshell so I dont know how it works in Moonshell 2. Heres the image tho.

DSSolarfulltest.jpg

saxamo

Spaaaaace!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
DeMoN said:
I wouldn't be surprised if Nintendo actually came up with a solar powered DS. I mean, Greenpeace has been up the Big N's ass for a while now about not being a "green" enough company. http://www.gamasutra.com/php-bin/news_index.php?story=23016

Nintendo's got to catch up with the times. The world's all about environmentally friendly products now.
I'm taking a renewable energy course right now and the the state that solar technology is at, it would not be very practical. Panels are very expensive to produce and the efficiency is not at much as you'd think. IT would honestly be viable mabye for kids who live on the equator or in warmer areas for anumber of reason. OK i'm rambling but also in terms of going green I agree with you

but like i'd rather they pay the workers in the factories in china and japan that produce all the hardware but that's a systematic thing okay but yes they should use better materials and stuff!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Nut on the hill