Nintendo DS Solar (Not solar powered)

Discussion in 'NDS - Flashcarts and Accessories' started by CheatingSoi, Apr 14, 2009.

1. CheatingSoi
    OP

CheatingSoi Graphic Designer

Apr 4, 2007
    United States
    Wisconsin
    I told my friend that I got the DSi and he told my other friend Nick. Nick still has an original DS Phat and just started laughing about how many Different DS's they have released. We started talking about how the next DS will be the DS Solar and will have screens as bright as the sun and you would have to wear special glasses in order to see the screen (and not go blind of course!) It would be released in japan and have to be recalled because it blinded people, so once they released everywhere else, instead of dimming the screens, they just give out sunglasses. Idk just kinda a conversation we had but the best part is I have pictures!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. HBK

HBK Clover - Fearless to Speak Now. ;)

Mar 30, 2007
    Portugal
    Yeah, and it would come with Golden Sun 3, which would PWNT.

3. Kuschel-Drow

Kuschel-Drow GBAtemp Fan

Mar 25, 2009
    Gambia, The
    Duisburg
    The shell should consist of solar cells to get the needed power, or even glasses, although it would get too hot or burn your eyes out. xD

4. TornZero

TornZero GBAtemp Regular

Mar 15, 2009
    United States
    How did you do that to your DSi?

5. CheatingSoi
    OP

Apr 4, 2007
    United States
    Wisconsin
    Its not a DSi. Its a DS Solar [​IMG]

6. fedgerama

fedgerama Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Jan 4, 2009
    United States
    Pennsylvania
    It's probably just a quick homebrew app he made, am I right? Looks cool though. I showed my brother the images and I actually managed to fool him for a moment.

7. Advi

Advi GBAtemp Maniac

Jan 26, 2009
    United States

i want one.

[​IMG]

8. Martiin

Martiin GBAtemp Fan

Nov 4, 2008
    United States
    California
    i like the new feature about blinding eyes
    i think im going to get one, but is it worth the money?
    i'll just stick to my DSHeavy..

9. CheatingSoi
    OP

Apr 4, 2007
    United States
    Wisconsin
    From what I've used of it, its not really worth the upgrade. It is nice however, to be able to play outside in broad daylight and see the screen flawlessly. So I guess if your playing it on the go, in a car or anywhere outdoors or with a lot of light. This system is for you.

Also, no I did not create my own homebrew. I simply found the logo and health screen on google, edited it, and made just enough space in between both pictures so it would show up on moonshell in both screen mode. I used the old moonshell so I dont know how it works in Moonshell 2. Heres the image tho.

[​IMG]

10. ekolimits

ekolimits GBAtemp Regular

Apr 28, 2007
    United States
    N.J.
    not only that but 3d images would pop right out at you through the screens via the glasses!

11. saxamo

saxamo Spaaaaace!

Aug 6, 2006
    United States
    NYC
    And magic golden leprechauns coem out and SHOOT YUU WITH RAINBOWS

12. DeMoN

DeMoN GBAtemp Guru

May 12, 2004
    United States
    I wouldn't be surprised if Nintendo actually came up with a solar powered DS. I mean, Greenpeace has been up the Big N's ass for a while now about not being a "green" enough company. http://www.gamasutra.com/php-bin/news_index.php?story=23016

Nintendo's got to catch up with the times. The world's all about environmentally friendly products now.

13. UltraMagnus

UltraMagnus hic sunt dracones

Aug 2, 2007
    Portsmouth
    so, is this nintendo's new anti-someone-looking-over-your-shoulder-while-playing-ecchi-games-DS

14. saxamo

saxamo Spaaaaace!

Aug 6, 2006
    United States
    NYC
    I'm taking a renewable energy course right now and the the state that solar technology is at, it would not be very practical. Panels are very expensive to produce and the efficiency is not at much as you'd think. IT would honestly be viable mabye for kids who live on the equator or in warmer areas for anumber of reason. OK i'm rambling but also in terms of going green I agree with you

but like i'd rather they pay the workers in the factories in china and japan that produce all the hardware but that's a systematic thing okay but yes they should use better materials and stuff!

15. Andytoxic

Andytoxic Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Oct 7, 2007
    Gambia, The
    Antixenophobitia
    This would be cool. Then I could blind the eyes of my dumb neighbours [​IMG]

And if it would be Solar powered you must carry an extre 5 feet big Solar Cell with you

16. UltraMagnus

UltraMagnus hic sunt dracones

Aug 2, 2007
    Portsmouth
  17. LivingToDie

LivingToDie Banned

Banned
    Jun 11, 2008
    Netherlands
    The world that never was
    but you would need a BIIIIIG battery right [​IMG]