Nintendo DS question

Discussion in 'NDS - Console and Game Discussions' started by Star-scream, Apr 25, 2014.

1. Star-scream
    OP

Star-scream GBAtemp Regular

Mar 3, 2013
    Hello I don't really know much of anything about DS/dsi and then there is DS XL what ones can I play like us and eur games and gba

2. YoshiInAVoid

YoshiInAVoid GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Banned
    Jan 10, 2011
    Don't bother with DSi / XL. A DS Lite is what you want, they are smaller, have higher flashcard compatibility, and can play GBA games.

Star-scream likes this.
  3. Star-scream
    OP

Mar 3, 2013

Cheers m8

4. superspudz2000

superspudz2000 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Aug 23, 2007
    Canada
    he dident say if he had a Slot-2 flashcart or not, he did say GBA, but even then im not sure DS Lite is the best option for GBA games

#1. GameCube and GB player
    #2. GBA SP (brighter backlight AGS-101)
    #3. PSP and gpSP Kai emulator
    #4. a Wii U.

as for which DS should he get, i would say get a 2DS, now HOLD ON just hear me out, its a great Starter handheld if hes low on cash, and he can always gift the 2DS away later if he upgrades to a 3DS XL,

and 3DS/2DS plays all DS games, plus 3DS games, plus he can get demos and FREE games, Rustys real deal baseball, and Steel Diver sub wars.

5. Sora de Eclaune

Sora de Eclaune Baby squirrel, you's a sexy motherfucker.

Feb 15, 2011
    United States
    123 Fake Street
    As was said, you should probably stick with a DS Lite. It's region-free, has GBA support, and has a good selection of colors and designs for the shell. All flash cards are compatible with the DS Lite, as the system doesn't have system updates to prevent flash cards from being played. In addition, all slot-2 peripherals can be used with the system.

The only downside to this is if you wanted to play DSiWare, as the DS Lite cannot play DSiWare. Not even with a flash card.

However, they also mentioned GBA games. An R4i Gold 3DS cannot play GBA games, and the system has no slot-2.

Star-scream likes this.
  6. Star-scream
    OP

Mar 3, 2013
    Yeah my plan is to get a DS LITE and then get a 3DS I wanted something that is region-free and I could play my gba games :)