Nintendo DS Profile exploit freezes constantly

Discussion in '3DS - Flashcards & Custom Firmwares' started by jappy495, May 12, 2014.

1. jappy495
    OP

jappy495 Newbie

Newcomer
    May 12, 2014
    Gambia, The
    Hi there,

I have a problem with my Gateway and my Nintendo 3DS XL. I installed the latest version of the Gateway OMEGA thingy on my SD Card (Launcher.dat) and I already played some games, but the problem is, that sometimes the Nintendo DS Profile exploit freezes. Sometimes, when I go into the options menu > Profile > and select Nintendo DS Profile the screen freezes. Most times, the Gateway Omega screen loads and everything works fine and I can play my games without any trouble.

But a few minutes ago, I started to feel like playing some 3DS and I wanted to initiate the gateway mode and the exploit keeps freezing. I tried it at least twelve times. I pressed L while loading, I pressed nothing, and the effects were still the same.

Does anybody have an idea, what the reason for this unreliability could be?

Thanks in advance!

2. zhdarkstar

zhdarkstar GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Jan 30, 2008
    United States
    Have you tried reinstalling the exploit?

3. gamesquest1

gamesquest1 Nabnut

Sep 23, 2013
    i would suggest you try formatting your SD card (back your saves up first) then copy the launcher.dat back on

4. Chrisssj2

Chrisssj2 GBAtemp Maniac

Feb 12, 2008
    Netherlands
    I have had the same very thing happen to me!! It works mostly but sometimes it happens.. and the screen is with white lines etc...

on Omega 2.1 or any other version I NEVER hadt this. worked 100%

5. jappy495
    OP

jappy495 Newbie

Newcomer
    May 12, 2014
    Gambia, The
    I had this Problems with Omega 2.1 and Omega 2.2 and I already reinstalled the exploit. Will try the formatting of the card later on.

How do I have to format the SD Card? On the computer, insert it into the 3DS, use Bluecard to install the exploit and format the card with the red card afterwards? I don't know the exact name, but the Gateways "installs" a second partition on the SD Card, which acts as gateway firmware, do I have to take special steps with formatting the card?

6. an07her

an07her GBAtemp Regular

Apr 9, 2014
    Same problem, black screen after selecting DS profile or after GW mode. Restart fixes it most of the times. SD cards are fine.

7. albert69

albert69 Member

Newcomer
    Jun 8, 2010
    i have the same prob ive tried a few different sd cards still the same and i get new games saves overwrite my old ones a few times aswell

8. Munshine

Munshine Member

Newcomer
    Apr 30, 2014
    If I understand it correctly, the Gateway OS will only load if it detects a Gateway card?

Maybe your 3DS contacts are a bit bent? Try cleaning your Gateway card on the contacts.

9. The Real Jdbye

The Real Jdbye Always Remember 30/07/08

GBAtemp Patron
    The Real Jdbye is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Mar 17, 2010
    Norway
    Alola
    I had this problem a lot on 2.0b1 (freezing with black screen/GW logo)
    It's been mostly fixed after updating to Omega, only the occasional black screen. This is a known issue, after all the exploit IS crashing the 3DS so it can't be expected that it will work flawlessly every time.
    If it's freezing the instant you press Nintendo DS Profile and doesn't even show a black screen or GW logo it hints that something is up with your SD card or the launcher.dat on it.

10. jappy495
    OP

jappy495 Newbie

Newcomer
    May 12, 2014
    Gambia, The
    Okay, this is my case, it still shows the clock and battery charge and so on, so you suggest that this is a SD Card Issue? Just buy a new one?

11. The Real Jdbye

GBAtemp Patron

Our Patreon
    Mar 17, 2010
    Norway
    Alola
    First try running scandisk, if that doesn't find any errors try reformatting it. Then redownload the launcher and copy it again.

12. jappy495
    OP

jappy495 Newbie

Newcomer
    May 12, 2014
    Gambia, The
    Can I just copy the contents of the card on my computer or do I have to format the SD card in gateway mode on my 3DS? I watched an tutorial video which said something, that gateway creates an extra partition on the SD Card.....

13. The Real Jdbye

GBAtemp Patron

Our Patreon
    Mar 17, 2010
    Norway
    Alola
    Just format the partition on your PC, it won't affect the emuNAND partition.