Nintendo DS lite Soft "A" Button

Discussion in 'NDS - Console and Game Discussions' started by Maget, Dec 19, 2010.

Dec 19, 2010

Nintendo DS lite Soft "A" Button by Maget at 2:33 PM (1,194 Views / 0 Likes) 4 replies

1. Maget
    OP

Newcomer Maget Newbie

Singapore
    It happened a few months ago and wasn't severe but now its fallen all the way in and became very sensitive.When I play my games,a simple vibration will cause the "A" button to Toggle.Is there a way to fix it?

2. lukecop80

Member lukecop80 GBAtemp Regular

Australia
    get a knife and rip it out

3. tomrev

Member tomrev GBAtemp Fan

United States
    Button conductor rubber is tear. Send your DS to nintendo or fix it yourself - buy a button rubber conductor replacement.

4. 8BitWalugi

Member 8BitWalugi Taiyohhhhhh!

Australia
    Derp derp derp! I can fix things! :B

I had this problem too once, send it in to Nintendo to get it fixed. Or you could do the replacement yourself if your warranty is void.

5. mjax

Member mjax GBAtemp Fan

As stated by tomrev, the conductive pad under the button is ripped. If you are knowledgeable about opening a DS Lite, you should be fine replacing it by yourself.

You can buy a set from here for almost nothing:

http://www.dealextreme.com/details.dx/sku.1466
    Remember, if you do order from them, it will take a while to reach to you at this time of year(Christmas and New Year).

This is a guide to open your DS Lite:

NDSL disassembly/reassembly guide -by thieves like us

NOTE: Opening a DS Lite is not an easy process and you MUST have a lot of patience to do so. Please read the guide carefully and follow the instructions.