Nintendo Direct August 7th

Discussion in 'User Submitted News' started by Pong20302000, Aug 6, 2013.

1. Pong20302000
    OP

Pong20302000 making notes on everything

Sep 8, 2009
    One's inner self
    updates on WiiU and Nintendo 3DS games launching this year

3pm UK time / 4pm CEST / 7am PT

[​IMG]

2. Chaossaturn

Chaossaturn ローレンス

Jan 22, 2007
    Can't see them showing anything new but we will see.

3. Ethevion

Ethevion Wannabe Artist

Sep 23, 2010
    Canada
    Please be more Pogeymon news

4. Gahars

Gahars Bakayaro Banzai

Aug 5, 2011
    United States
    New Jersey
  5. shakirmoledina

shakirmoledina Legend

Oct 23, 2004
    Tanzania
    Dar es Salaam
    a new final fantasy (CC) and zelda kills it all

6. KuRensan

KuRensan aka Pearbook

Apr 27, 2009
    Netherlands
    Somewhere in the sky
    "We will share new details on previously announced games for Wii U and Nintendo 3DS launching this year!"

This is what Nintendo's facebook page says. So don't expect anything new, just some new footage of already announced games and maybe some release dates

7. heartgold

heartgold GBAtemp Psycho!

Sep 11, 2009
    London
    It's nice to see more of the upcoming games. Next year's titles won't be discussed till the end of year direct. Whether it is October or December.

I'm looking out for Pokemon and Zelda news. Perhaps 3DS NNID accounts too.

8. The Suspect

The Suspect Member

Newcomer
    Mar 29, 2013
    I know I shouldn't expect much... But I really hope they just announce something, like a new Metroid, Star Fox, or Kid Icarus game.
    They don't have to show me any cutscenes or gameplay, just the announcement (and maybe a logo) would be enough.
    Mainly because I'm not that excited for the upcoming first party releases (except Smash and Kart)...
    I've already played Wind Waker, and the new Mario game looks like a port of the 3DS game...

Slamicite likes this.
  9. ComeTurismO

ComeTurismO CTO

Sep 18, 2011
    Canada
    4:54 PM
    I sure hope that there is Mario Party 3DS news.

10. Skelletonike

Skelletonike ♂ ♥ Gallant Pervert ♥ ♀

Dec 26, 2008
    Steam City
    Hum... I'd be pretty interested in news about SMT IV, Rune Factory 4, Inazuma Eleven 3 (Spark, Bomber), Ace Attorney, Bravely Default and Professor Layton (the aztec thingy one).

Slamicite likes this.
  11. TemplarGR

TemplarGR Gaming expert

Sep 2, 2011
    Greece
    I know that it is highly unlikely, but i would really like to hear about a new Advance Wars... Nintendo is making a huge mistake not bringing it to the 3DS... Us adults don't want Pokemon, give us something to play...

12. BlackWizzard17

BlackWizzard17 Don't worry Captin we'll buff out those scratches.

Dec 1, 2012
    United States
    E-Arth
    Some first party games that involve blood or fighting.

13. Guild McCommunist

Guild McCommunist (not on boat)

May 6, 2009
    United States
    The Danger Zone

implying nintendo can do anything mature

14. Clydefrosch

Clydefrosch GBAtemp Psycho!

Jan 2, 2009
    Gambia, The
    just give me flipnote already...

15. Skelletonike

Dec 26, 2008
    Steam City
    Well, I'm an adult and I love Pokemon, Digimon, Inazuma Eleven and many others, actually most of Pokemon's fan base are not kids.
    Also, I enjoy Advance Wars but it was also a pretty childish looking games aside from the last one that was released which had a more mature story.

I do want an Advance Wars myself, however I'd prefer it if they followed the Days of Ruin story and and art, although if they do make anew AW you'll need to look into the japanese Nintendo Directs instead of the European ones.

heartgold and weavile001 like this.
  16. TemplarGR

TemplarGR Gaming expert

Sep 2, 2011
    Greece

It is not the cute style that makes Pokemon games more suited to kids... I love cute games.

It's the gameplay that is for kids... Too simple combat, low difficulty, much much needless grinding, no real story. Pokemon games are made for people with:

1) Too much free time on their hands for all the grinding

2) Simple game mechanics suitable for low intelligence persons/kids(intelligence raises with age)

3) Simple happy-happy story like a Saturday morning Cartoon

aka as kids.

Advance Wars is a cute game, but has a chess-like depth in its gameplay, easy to learn difficult to master sort of thing. In fact, i am a very experienced strategy player on PC, and still find it one of the best strategy series of all time... It is also suitable for pick up and play style, it can be played on small doses for example on the train to work. Much more suitable for an adult, although still playable by kids if they like it. It has nothing to do with graphical style and theme.

PS: I don't want to insult anybody, but the idea that most of Pokemon's fanbase aren't kids is depressing to me... Don't get me wrong, i played the first gen back in the day, but i find this series too boring for an experienced gamer...

17. Dartz150

Dartz150 GBATemp Official Lolicon Onii-chan™

May 5, 2010
    Mexico
    On a Strange Journey
    They'll only say release dates, and maybe something related to Flipnote and Miiverse.

18. Skelletonike

Dec 26, 2008
    Steam City

You're describing pretty much most rpg's, most have simply mechanics because they work good enough, there's no need to fix what's broken (an example of that is Dragon Quest, the mechanics are always the same yet, in Japan they sell more than Final Fantasy which is always changing the mechanics).
    As for the time part, most hand-held games can be played in short bursts which can accumulate for many hours after a while, look at Monster Hunter, it's requires a lot of grinding in a way.

As for the intelligence part, that's not true, we simply learn more things the older we get, our IQ doesn't increashie, sometimes it even decreases.
    I enjoyed Advance Wars much more when I was a kid than I do now, same goes for Warcraft 1,2,3, Age of Empires, Starcraft, etc...

I've been playing games since I was 4 and been playing every Pokemon game that came out, even though they're far from being my favourite games, they are good and fun games, that's the point of a game, to be fun.
    Here's a fan-poll to show you: http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/661226-pokemon-black-version-2/64574574

Back on topic though, now that I think of it... I wonder if Nintendo would be nice enough to bring the SMT IV pre-order bonus goodies. <3

Flipnote will be released this week in Europe according to what several websites say, so yeah, maybe it could be that as well (I think the US will get it next month from what I read).

weavile001 and KingVamp like this.
  19. WatchGintama

WatchGintama GBAtemp Maniac

Feb 22, 2009
    United States
    Flipnote & Miiverse is all I care about.

20. weavile001

weavile001 Spiritmaster

Jun 10, 2012
    Brazil
    somewhere
    well, I'm hoping for Inazuma eleven Go for Europe, Inazuma eleven Go Strikers, some info of Mario party, Mario golf and Shin megami tensei X fire Emblem too.