Nintendo Direct April 1st 3pm PT / 6pm ET / 11pm GMT

nxwing

Trophies
XP
Country
Philippines
i am really annoyed about another candy crush rip off
guess nintendo wants to follow microtransactions..
we already had pokemon link
now a mario crush saga

i smell we will see a zelda candy crush game soon
or maybe a mario kart one, the top screen shows the car driving, while at bottom screen if you "connect 4" the car goes faster

That is a genius idea that will surely make Nintendo more popular than ever before. Or more hated by people that hate those kinds of games

TemplarGR

Gaming expert
Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
Can you provide any evidence for these claims?

Such as a list of exclusive titles per year for the past 5-10 years to support your claims that Nintendo's level of game development is slower than other generations?

I can, but i won't. Google is your friend. I am not here to argue with Nintendo fanbois. My time is precious, sorry.

aofelix

Trophies
XP
Country
I can, but i won't. Google is your friend. I am not here to argue with Nintendo fanbois. My time is precious, sorry.

I'm not really a fanboy. I've dissed Nintendo quite a lot over the past few weeks for crappy hardware, poor choice of architecture and mess in terms of the controller setup. If I'm a fanboy to any system, its PC. However their commitment to developing exclusive titles is something I think they still have.

Your inability to support your unsubstantiated claims yet still act like a jackass is quite funny.

Reactions: TotalInsanity4

aofelix

Trophies
XP
Country
now a mario crush saga

or maybe a mario kart one, the top screen shows the car driving, while at bottom screen if you "connect 4" the car goes faster

Yeah, can only hope these games don't take long to develop and are just there for a quick cash grab for kids. I don't have a problem with nintendo developing shitty quick play games for people who want to pay for them, only if they stop making the good titles without the micro transactions.

WiiCube_2013

Trophies
XP
Country
Gaza Strip
By damn Nintendo got Super Mario 64 perfectly emulated. You know that pixel dissolve effect? Yeah, they got it perfectly this time around :D

The screenshots on the eShop don't look very good when compared to what an emulator can do but for £8.99 I think I'll bite.

SMT X FE looks great and I must have that Ganondorf amiibo!

Before you know it it'll already be sold out but I as well as someone else will be targeting to get almost all new amiibos because we're Nintendo fans (he's planning on getting all while I'll get most), so I'll make sure to remember to pre-order a Ganondorf for you. ;)

Reactions: T-hug

Prior22

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm bummed out IS's current project is another Fire Emblem game. Dual Strike is my favorite strategy game of all time and I'm disappointed we haven't had a new Advance Wars since 2008. I've got a bad feeling Advance Wars is pretty much a dead franchise.

the_randomizer

The Temp's official fox whisperer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The screenshots on the eShop don't look very good when compared to what an emulator can do but for £8.99 I think I'll bite.

Before you know it it'll already be sold out but I as well as someone else will be targeting to get almost all new amiibos because we're Nintendo fans (he's planning on getting all while I'll get most), so I'll make sure to remember to pre-order a Ganondorf for you. ;)

Well, that's just on the eShop itself, but in-game, it actually has more accurate texture filtering for the HUD, something most plugins can't do properly. That and proper alpha dithering (the pixel dissolve effect for many N64 games), which the Wii couldn't emulate, in fact invisible Mario was merely transparent, but Nintendo actually emulated it right. :P On a PC, programmers emulated the effect through the Glide or OpenGL API. If you already own it on the Wii, you get a massive discount, which is a huge plus.

Edit: I do have a link to a screenshot a friend took, not sure if I can post images in this section :P

Wekker

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Where is advance war butts?
Please more animal crossing stuff to milk the acnl fan base...

EDIT: How to watch direct! >>> Turn off the sound rightaway when you hear CEO of nintendo start talking!

Qtis

Grey Knight Inquisitor
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
To sum up my thoughts on the stream:
+ Yarn Amiibos, though these could just as well be normal toys (guess the NFC tag sells better). Will probably buy the Yoshi as it looks good.
+ Attack on Titan 3DS
+ Mario Maker stage sharing (this was expected)
+ SMTxFE could be good
- Microtransactions are shit
- MK8 tracks delayed
- Smash Bros DLC (seriously, didn't we learn anything from Mortal Kombat & Co DLC?)
- WiiU Virtual Console additions (Yay, but far too late in my opinion)

aofelix

Trophies
XP
Country
I'm bummed out IS's current project is another Fire Emblem game. Dual Strike is my favorite strategy game of all time and I'm disappointed we haven't had a new Advance Wars since 2008. I've got a bad feeling Advance Wars is pretty much a dead franchise.

Did it fail sales wise? I'm confused why its not being made since everyone only says good things about it.

WiiCube_2013

Trophies
XP
Country
Gaza Strip
Well, that's just on the eShop itself, but in-game, it actually has more accurate texture filtering for the HUD, something most plugins can't do properly. That and proper alpha dithering (the pixel dissolve effect for many N64 games), which the Wii couldn't emulate, in fact invisible Mario was merely transparent, but Nintendo actually emulated it right. :P On a PC, programmers emulated the effect through the Glide or OpenGL API. If you already own it on the Wii, you get a massive discount, which is a huge plus.

Edit: I do have a link to a screenshot a friend took, not sure if I can post images in this section :P

Good to know! All the more reason to get this Mario 64 version!

I'm gonna love playing it on the Wii U with the WUPC but I'll definitely try it out with the GameCube controller too!

Reactions: the_randomizer

Qtis

Grey Knight Inquisitor
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
No they weren't, they were bumped up somewhere between a week and a half and a month. We're getting them faaar earlier than expected

What? I've been had! Damn, I remembered it was somewhere along April that the DLC was supposed to release. Oh well, not like pre-ordering has a bad side for Mario Kart 8. More content for me and my mates to play :)

the_randomizer: spoiler the images and you're good. A wall of images is always a big meh for any post :P

Reactions: TotalInsanity4

DjoeN

Captain Haddock!
Trophies
Website
djoen.dommel.be
XP
Country
Belgium
now a mario crush saga

It's a test before going mobile :P, cause alot of mobile games are all about micro transactions

Reactions: migles

the_randomizer

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
What? I've been had! Damn, I remembered it was somewhere along April that the DLC was supposed to release. Oh well, not like pre-ordering has a bad side for Mario Kart 8. More content for me and my mates to play :)

the_randomizer: spoiler the images and you're good. A wall of images is always a big meh for any post :P

Ah crap, sorry about that, will do next time :P

BTW, is it too late to update to 5.3.2? Qtis I want to make sure before I spend the prepaid card I just bought. Marionumber1 Just want to double check before I update to 5.3.2 is all.

Qtis

Grey Knight Inquisitor
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
Reactions: the_randomizer

the_randomizer

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Dax_Fame

Annoying Member
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Some games have bullshit DLC, only Nintendo games have amiibo content. A higher price tag than traditional DLC, complete with less actual content and horrible availability.

*lights a cig and sits back* B-) like a cool guy

PLOT TWIST!! I bitch but I'll always throw more money at them :cry:

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Veho @ Veho: https://i.imgur.com/bG1pQld.mp4