Nintendo Confirms Small-Scale E3 Presence

Discussion in 'User Submitted News' started by s157, Apr 28, 2017.

1. s157
    OP

s157 Grinder Extraordinaire

Sep 23, 2016
    United States
    [​IMG]

Nintendo confirms in a 2017 financial report that their E3 presence will once again be rather smaller. Keyword "again". Meaning that this E3 showing will likely be similar to the travesty that was last year's .

This doesn't bode well for 3rd party support for the switch, nor for the many switch owners hoping for the promised "amazing" E3. I'll refrain from my anguished remarks, least on this first post.

Source
    Go to page 19 if you want to see the announcement concerning E3. Other than that, this briefing makes for excellent information about what is to come for the future of Nintendo.

EDIT: The report states that they will not hold a large-scale press conference. Perhaps there's a sliver of hope that a large number of games are revealed without the need of a large press conference.

Last edited by s157, Apr 28, 2017
    Sinon likes this.

2. Gizametalman

Gizametalman GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Dec 18, 2015
    Mexico
    D.F. - Zona Cero.
    Uhh, Iwata san would be very proud to see this.

3. smileyhead

smileyhead Occasional Reporter

GBAtemp Patron
    smileyhead is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Aug 31, 2015
    Hungary
    Budakeszi, Hungary
    didn't they say they'd have a large E3, though?

4. Glyptofane

Glyptofane GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Feb 12, 2009
    United States
    Is anyone surprised? Meanwhile, there are so many PS4 games coming out constantly that I have to plan out which ones to buy and when at the right price before physicals go out of print.

5. s157
    OP

Sep 23, 2016
    United States
    It's soul-crushing. Have they not learned a single thing? I thought this would happen, and reading this to confirm my beliefs still leaves me with a huge feeling of disappointment. I really like the Switch too. I just hope this E3, no matter how small, shows us some new info for games we're not aware of yet, though my guess is it'll be probably 70% Mario Odyssey, 10% Arms, 10% Xenoblade Chronicles 2, and 10% random 3rd and 1st party ports.

Reggie did promise us a big E3. Right now, according to official nintendo sources, that's looking like a lie. I'm quite devastated honestly.

Subtle Demise likes this.
  6. ut2k4master

ut2k4master Lord Tourettes

Feb 20, 2010
    Germany
    they are just saying there wont be a press conference, so its probably gonna be a direct style video and treehouse stream again. it doesnt say anything about its content, good or bad

Last edited by ut2k4master, Apr 28, 2017
    gamefan5, KingVamp, DarkIrata and 3 others like this.
  7. s157
    OP

Sep 23, 2016
    United States
    Small press conferences and their recent methods of handling E3 have not served them well, least in public opinion.

It looks like they want to focus on 3DS as equally as the switch, if not more, and that sounds like a terrible idea. I thought it would be prudent of them to shift all their resources into making games and advertising for the switch, but they want to keep up the momentum the 3ds has apparently. The lineup of the 3ds for this year is quite nicer than what we have going for the switch as well.

That report is a good read. Or a bad one if you're expecting a lot from Nintendo and their handling of their home console.

eckk likes this.
  8. Lilith Valentine

Lilith Valentine GBATemp's Wolfdog™ Cuddle lesbian

Sep 13, 2009
    Antarctica
    Between insane and insecure
  9. BlueFox gui

BlueFox gui SOMEONE

Feb 4, 2016
    Brazil
    NAS TERRAS DE HUE BR
    gimmie gud prices nintendon't pliz

10. DrkBeam

DrkBeam GBAtemp Fan

Jun 12, 2016
    Spain
    Don't worry, there will be a big E3 next year /s

11. KingVamp

KingVamp Great... AETHER!

Sep 13, 2009
    United States
    Seems like pretty bias reporting. Just because they wouldn't be on stage, doesn't mean they wouldn't have a big presence.

Last edited by KingVamp, Apr 28, 2017
    gamefan5 and Chary like this.
  12. Memoir

Memoir A Hero to Zero

GBAtemp Patron
    Memoir is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Jun 24, 2007
    United States
    Wyoming
    Definitely means it's bad. After announcing a huge E3 presence, they do a 180 and announce this?

13. ut2k4master

ut2k4master Lord Tourettes

Feb 20, 2010
    Germany
    that doesnt necessarily imply a press conference. their e3 presence includes everything from them at e3, so the direct, the treehouse stream as well as their show floor space

14. Chary

Chary Never sleeps

pip Reporter
    GBAtemp Patron
    Chary is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Oct 2, 2012
    United States
    I'd say that OP is taking this out of context. Just because they won't be having a press event conference (this is just an announcement that they will forgo the large theater event) does not mean that they won't have a large show floor plan.

I don't understand where OP gets that "not a large-scale press conference" means a small scale presence. They don't correlate.

Last edited by Chary, Apr 28, 2017
    gamefan5, KingVamp and x65943 like this.
  15. DiscostewSM

DiscostewSM GBAtemp Guru

Feb 10, 2009
    United States
    Sacramento, California
    [​IMG]

16. Felek666

Felek666 Demonically Uncontrollable

Jan 3, 2017
    Poland
    reddit.com/r/satania/
    Nintendo still can't believe...
    why we hack their consoles...
    Right, failed promises.

DrkBeam and Subtle Demise like this.
  17. BlueFox gui

BlueFox gui SOMEONE

Feb 4, 2016
    Brazil
    NAS TERRAS DE HUE BR
    i hack because i don't have moni to buy 'u'

18. Felek666

Felek666 Demonically Uncontrollable

Jan 3, 2017
    Poland
    reddit.com/r/satania/
    Same iui

BlueFox gui likes this.
  19. farmin

farmin Member

Jun 22, 2011
    How on earth did you come to that conclusion?
    The statement quoted just reads that Nintendo will once again will not be holding a literal "large scale" presser, meaning physically large, i.e. a stage show with lights, sound, screens and actors.
    This statement is basically just confirming another E3 Nintendo direct and has nothing to do with the content of whatever they're planning.
    I'm doubtful it'll be anything particularly exciting either but jeez what a reach.

Chary likes this.
  20. s157
    OP

Sep 23, 2016
    United States
    I did say that it'd only mean that there'd be a smaller scale press conference and that could mean they'd still have stuff to reveal. I also stated that it doesn't bode well either as taking a similar approach to what they've done in the past did not work out very well for them aside for advertising one game. People seem to have forgotten that last year's treehouse also included Pokemon and think of it entirely as a BotW treehouse, which in all fairness it was.