GBAtemp 台灣人
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Taiwan
The Consumer Electronics Show kicks off in the second week of 2011, and for the first time in 16 years Nintendo will be there to show off some new goodies. [The] gaming exhibitors [will]* include: AMD, HP, Intel, Lenovo, LevelUp, Logitech, Microsoft, Nokia and Sony.[/p]
It is unclear at the moment what Nintendo will be showcasing at CES, though the obvious choice would be to promote the 3DS, which will launch in March. The 16 year absense of Nintendo will be broken next year, and it could mean that Nintendo is really trying to push the 3DS to the max to generate as much sales as possible. They didn't attend for the Wii or the DS, with both platforms having huge amounts of success on the markets, but the 3DS's importance to the Big N should be shown with their attendance this year to CES (which is a couple months prior to the launch of the 3DS).

Leave responses on speculation for what the Big N will bring to the Consumer Electronics Show early next year.

icon11.gif
Source

* Apparently the one typo in the original source would be a major cause of controversey. Revised sentence to make more sense out of it. People sure are picky.

431unknown

VR Gaming Enthusiast
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
I'm sure they pretty much have to be there to showcase the 3DS seeing as they cant reproduce the 3D effect in TV commercials or print adds. They'll need as much word of mouth about it as possible.

mkoo

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
JackDeeEss said:
CarbonX13 said:
Other gaming exhibitors include: AMD, HP, Intel, Lenovo, LevelUp, Logitech, Microsoft, Nintendo, Nokia and Sony.[/p]
Wait, what?
Nokia seems serious about Symbian^3 gaming.
I don't see any reason why it should be taken any less serious than iOS gaming.

Personally I was done gaming on mobiles back at 2005 first Java Me later S60.

cwstjdenobs

Sodomy non sapiens
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
ThePowerOutage said:
CarbonX13 said:
Other gaming exhibitors include: AMD, HP, Intel, Lenovo, LevelUp, Logitech, Microsoft, Nintendo, Nokia and Sony.[/p]
Fail

AMD and Intel but no Nvidia, IBM or ARM? I can see why AMD are involved but Intel don't make any great GPU's (though I guess they will do the job fine if you have no choice).

I guess ARM and IBM don't have to target consumers directly, but with the 2 major x86 fabs involved you'd think they'd want to point out that all the home current consoles are powered by IBM chips, and that the vast majority of mobile gaming platforms are powered by ARM ip. Even if you don't target consumers directly some brand awareness is useful. You've got to have seen adverts for companies that say run power stations, even if only services companies can actually deal with them.

ThePowerOutage

The Lord of the Flyes
Trophies
XP
Country
CarbonX13 said:
ThePowerOutage said:
CarbonX13 said:
Fail
I don't know if you meant I fail or the line-up fails, but I'm just reporting it as is so...
No, it was a reporting fail.
The main article was about the big N going there and then they are listed as one of the other companys.
Fail

D

Deleted_171835

Oh, hell yeah!
biggrin.gif

I can't wait for CES this year. Most of the time, I just pay attention to Microsoft's press conference and booth. Now, there's Nintendo!

redact

‮҉
Trophies
XP
Country
Mauritania
CarbonX13 said:
The Consumer Electronics Show kicks off in the second week of 2011, and for the first time in 16 years Nintendo will be there to show off some new goodies. Other gaming exhibitors include: AMD, HP, Intel, Lenovo, LevelUp, Logitech, Microsoft, Nintendo, Nokia and Sony.[/p]

Thunderboyx

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
mercluke said:
CarbonX13 said:
The Consumer Electronics Show kicks off in the second week of 2011, and for the first time in 16 years Nintendo will be there to show off some new goodies. Other gaming exhibitors include: AMD, HP, Intel, Lenovo, LevelUp, Logitech, Microsoft, Nintendo, Nokia and Sony.[/p]
Whoop tee doo, nvm

Another promotion to say the 3DS is all good and that when someone asks about a holiday release, they're like nope.

DSGamer64

Canadian, Eh?
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Nothing more then plugging the 3DS no doubt. Probably some Wii game announcements as well, and I can see them at least making an official announcement about a new console being in the works with minimal details as well.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: Good night