Nintendo announces official Adjustable Charging Stand for the Switch

Switch-Charge-Stand_05-09-18.jpg

If you've ever wanted to play your Nintendo Switch in tabletop mode while it charges, but have been held back by the unwieldy charging cable, fear not, as Nintendo will be releasing an official charging dock for the Switch. Called the Adjustable Charging Stand, it'll do as the name suggests, and be a dock for the Switch that can be tilted to different angles, letting players use the Switch in tabletop mode while still connected to the charger. You can plug the USB-C Switch charging cord into the stand, and then place the Switch on top. It'll retail on Nintendo's official online store for $19.99 on July 13.

The angle of the stand can also be adjusted to create the best viewing angle for different environments.

Nintendo Switch can be played in three modes: TV mode, Handheld mode and Tabletop mode. Tabletop mode lets players set up the Nintendo Switch system to play games on the go without the need for a TV. The compact and sturdy stand will work with any flat surface, like a tray table on an airplane or a dorm room desk. While not required, the adjustable charging stand makes playing in Tabletop mode more convenient.

For more information about Nintendo Switch, visit https://www.nintendo.com/switch/

:arrow: Source: GBAtemp Press Inbox
:arrow: Product Page

kumikochan

Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
Yes! No more 3rd party brick stands. Will definitely be picking one of these up.
It doesn't output tv mode so it ain't the same

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

https://mynintendonews.com/2018/03/07/hori-set-to-release-a-nintendo-switch-usb-hub-stand/

What's to say this won't be a better buy? Don't say bricks... As only the truly low quality docks/adapters were the ones causing the bricks... I've got an Insignia one and it works great, no reports of it bricking a system either.
It did not have anything to do with cheaper docks. Everybody uses the same power delivery method while Nintendo changed it in their device hoping only their dock would work.

Last edited by kumikochan,

H1B1Esquire

RxTools, the ultimate CFW machine.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I hope the accessory support passing through data also instead of just power, but that may be wishful thinking.

Get the yesOJO dongle. Pre-orders are live. Link is in my response on the first page; please, click the link before you assume things....cause that's bad for business. Not that you'd do that.

Last edited by H1B1Esquire,

bahamut920

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I almost never play my Switch in tabletop mode, but it's nice that they're selling a $20 device that they could have included with the system due to an obvious design flaw. I also don't usually play my Switch while it's charging because it runs hot when I do.

003_%E7%94%BB%E6%9D%BF_1_gxuket.jpg

Son, for your lack of clicking links, try my new poor man jig and report to me your findings.

https://gbatemp.net/threads/wip-a-poor-mans-jig-i-want-it-noaw-jig.503426/
I don't really see how this is supposed to help the whole "charging while playing in Tabletop mode" issue. You're just swapping one cable for another. Seems like it might be useful for other things, though; such as if you already have a stand, playing with a wired Pro controller and charging the Switch at the same time, or as a more portable "dock" for playing on a TV (say, at a friend's house).

Also, your "poor man jig" seems to be a guaranteed way to damage your Switch.

Reactions: Shadowfied

H1B1Esquire

RxTools, the ultimate CFW machine.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Also, your "poor man jig" seems to be a guaranteed way to damage your Switch.

Seems. I'm sure Dump seemed like a good choice...but, no. The metal is not magnetic. Save it for that thread, though, barring it doesn't get "removed from public view" for ______ reason. Literally.

I don't really see how this is supposed to help the whole "charging while playing in Tabletop mode" issue. You're just swapping one cable for another. Seems like it might be useful for other things, though; such as if you already have a stand, playing with a wired Pro controller and charging the Switch at the same time, or as a more portable "dock" for playing on a TV (say, at a friend's house).

I can't.
Buy it, don't buy it--your decision has no effect on my life. I'm giving others an alternative to a problem that shouldn't exist.

Boy, they should make me a mod.

Last edited by H1B1Esquire,

tiggytiggy122

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm with most people on the fact that this shouldn't have been a problem to begin with. However, its not that hard of a problem to solve. You can make a makeshift stand for pretty cheap as shown above. And for those complaining about not being able to use accessories in Tabletop mode:Buy a usb to USB-C adapter, the switch will recognize it. I use it for my wired controller all the time.

fixingmytoys

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
i am lost lol , so the stand that came in the box , you are telling me that it dose not charge ?? when i take it off to lay away from the telly its charged ?, so whats the point of the new stand , just a 2nd one ?

Issac

Iᔕᔕᗩᑕ
Supervisor
Trophies
XP
Country
Sweden
i am lost lol , so the stand that came in the box , you are telling me that it dose not charge ?? when i take it off to lay away from the telly its charged ?, so whats the point of the new stand , just a 2nd one ?
No you mixed some things up.
The docking station that is connected to your TV will also charge your Switch.

There is a little kickstand on the back of the Switch so you can play with it on a table for example, but since the charging port is on the bottom, you can't charge while playing like that (called tabletop mode).
This stand is a fix for that issue.

Did that make more sense? :)

Reactions: fixingmytoys

leon315

POWERLIFTER
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
do you guys still remember when people update using Gateway Flashcard clone and bricked their 3ds?? pretty sure it was Ninty's conspiracy behind all those Switch bricks aimed to slash/kill all 3rd party docks

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    girls just wanna have fun and renai circulation also share the same tempo as the few i said before
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @BakerMan, megalomania the live a live song?
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    wait no, megalovania*
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    my bad
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I don't forgive you
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    The nerve of that guy, gosh.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Yeah expecting me to forgive gtfo
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    But how could the Dr have known you didn't want to be circumcized?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    He didn't you just wanted your dick to be fondled
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Watching dune 2 it's eh
    Dune one sucked
    The original with Patrick Stewart was Great
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    A sexual psycopath that love pain where have I heard that before
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    In your high school diary?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    No but your wife let's me read her diary the word psychopath comes up more than sexual
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Lol stremio hogging all of my tvs on board ram
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Just download more Ram to it, or setup Raid666 on it.
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Morning
    +1
  • CooingMaxito @ CooingMaxito:
    Hello fellow stranger
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    What do you mean I've known you since today
    Damn that's bonkers mate, it's almost like we've never met!
    Probably just my imagination
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: :rofl2: