Homebrew Nintendo 3DS jailbreak question

PikachuPrincess23

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
I have just buy a micro sd card for my Nintendo 3DS since micro sd card i have it's only 2GB and the one i buy and it's getting inn mail are 32GB and i'm going to try jailbreak my Nintendo 3DS but i have a question about it.
1. Do i need to jailbreak my Nintendo 3DS for to transfer 3DS roms from PC to 3DS?
I reason I ask it's because we can't use Freeshop anymore.

bananapi761

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Freeshop would let you install games directly from the console, so yes, you will need a PC to transfer games in CIA format to the 3DS' SD, unless you use your own cartridge dumps.

Reactions: Itzumi

ThoD

GBATemp Addict (apparently), but more like "bored"
Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
In order to play anything you weren't meant to play you need to install CFW, so as soon as you get the new SD card and you format it correctly, just follow this guide here to use the FrogMiner method to install CFW: https://jisagi.github.io/FrogminerGuide/

Once you have Luma or any other CFW, you can play ROMs (most emulated, some natively), backups, etc..

Reactions: Itzumi

Mythical

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If you already were able to use freeshop at some point before successfully then you just need to use a cia manager like FBI to install the cia files you have. You just would copy them to the sd card in your 3ds (you need twice the space of the game you're to install so if you're tight on space install larger games first then all smaller ones last)

PikachuPrincess23

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
I have just incert new Micro sd card into 3DS and are ready to jailbreak my 3DS. But i discover it's not easy to jailbreak 3DS. Does it exite easy way to jailbreak 3DS?
I have firmware 1.1.8.0-41E

Last edited by PikachuPrincess23,

bananapi761

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom

PikachuPrincess23

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
Now I need hjelp, I have R4 3DS Upgrade 2015 SDHC Gold Pro and I was stupid to formater SD card since I was thinking I need that for to jailbreak my 3DS using DS flashcard, my thinking was wrong, so now I have lost everything. Which Kernel and firmware do I need?

bananapi761

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Now I need hjelp, I have R4 3DS Upgrade 2015 SDHC Gold Pro and I was stupid to formater SD card since I was thinking I need that for to jailbreak my 3DS using DS flashcard, my thinking was wrong, so now I have lost everything. Which Kernel and firmware do I need?
You could try looking for the firmware here - https://gbatemp.net/threads/retrogamefan-updates-releases.267243/ but for now you should keep it wiped as the card won't be usable during the process of installing CFW. If you're going that route then use this part of the guide - https://3ds.hacks.guide/ntrboot. In the end, Frogminer is probably easier to use anyway.

Last edited by bananapi761,

PikachuPrincess23

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
It seems I for try jailbreak my 3DS using Frogminer, I wish I could just download folder with all files I need for to jailbreak my 3DS and install Luma3DS.

KleinesSinchen

GBAtemp's Backup Reminder + Fearless Testing Sina
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Try this kernel:
https://gbatemp.net/threads/r4isdhc-4-0b-released-kernel-is-now-expires-on-2024.522097/
It has the "timebomb" moved far into the future.
It seems I for try jailbreak my 3DS using Frogminer, I wish I could just download folder with all files I need for to jailbreak my 3DS and install Luma3DS.
There is no complete package. You have to download everything individually. Just follow the guides for Steelminer/Frogminer step by step and everything should go well.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    OctoAori20 @ OctoAori20: Nice nice-