• Views 662,784
  • Replies 1,247
  • Likes 38

What do you think about this "hack"?

• Total voters
D

Deleted User

OP
Australia can use EUR games. I import all the time.
You are a parrot.
You're a parrot. You "import" all of the time. Either that means that you have an imported 3DS or that the region coding is the same (I'm pretty sure 3DS only has EUR/USA/JPN) so it'd make sense.

Schizoanalysis

From somewhere inside the rabbit hole...
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
You're a parrot. You "import" all of the time. Either that means that you have an imported 3DS or that the region coding is the same (I'm pretty sure 3DS only has EUR/USA/JPN) so it'd make sense.

I live in Australia. I bought an Australian 3DS. I import games from UK/EUR all the time. Games are much, much cheaper there. Australian games are sometimes up to double the price. These imported (UK/EUR) games play perfectly on my Australian 3DS.

Thus, UK/EUR can be played on Australian consoles.
Thus, I can buy the EUR cart that has the exploit and run it on my Australian 3DS.

The region coding is different, but EUR games play on AUD 3DS.

You are a parrot.
And a slow one too.

Ace Overclocked

My CPU's hot but my core runs cold.
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
I live in Australia. I bought an Australian 3DS. I import games from UK/EUR all the time. Games are much, much cheaper there. Australian games are sometimes up to double the price. These imported (UK/EUR) games play perfectly on my Australian 3DS.

Thus, UK/EUR can be played on Australian consoles.
Thus, I can buy the EUR cart that has the exploit and run it on my Australian 3DS.

The region coding is different, but EUR games play on AUD 3DS.

You are a parrot.
And a slow one too.
No, the region coding is the same.
Australian systems could always use the rest of pal territories' games.

Schizoanalysis

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
No, the region coding is the same.
Australian systems could always use the rest of pal territories' games.

I saw on a 3DS region coding chart floating around GBAtemp that EUR and AUS regions have different region coding numbers.

I know for other systems, we just got EUR systems and games, but for the 3DS they have given AUS its own number, according to that chart. It is just that AUS systems play EUR region coded games too.

EDIT:

I had a look for that chart, but I couldn't find it. Someone else might remember where it is.
It showed all the region code numbers. AUS was allocated a different number to EUR, but it was configured in a way that AUS region coded consoles could still play EUR region coded games.

Technicmaster0

Trophies
Website
www.flashkarten.tk
XP
Country
Gambia, The
I saw on a 3DS region coding chart floating around GBAtemp that EUR and AUS regions have different region coding numbers.

I know for other systems, we just got EUR systems and games, but for the 3DS they have given AUS its own number, according to that chart. It is just that AUS systems play EUR region coded games too.

EDIT:

I had a look for that chart, but I couldn't find it. Someone else might remember where it is.
It showed all the region code numbers. AUS was allocated a different number to EUR, but it was configured in a way that AUS region coded consoles could still play EUR region coded games.
You can go to the settings and check the letter behind the fimrware number. For me, it's an "E": My region is europe.

Schizoanalysis

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
You can go to the settings and check the letter behind the fimrware number. For me, it's an "E": My region is europe.

Yes, we also have EUR console firmware (E), but someone on this site posted a list of all the region code numbers on games, and AUS games had a different region code number to EUR games.

AUS games were 05 I think... anyway, it was a different number to EUR games.

Deleted member 318366

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If the 3ds has been hacked does that mean that 3ds roms are hacked/decrypted as well? Or will that take longer to do? Again i have no knowledge of this process so im just wondering. thanks.

D

Deleted User

OP
Yes, we also have EUR console firmware (E), but someone on this site posted a list of all the region code numbers on games, and AUS games had a different region code number to EUR games.

So that means you're using a European coded 3DS...not a AUS one...................................................................if there is one......

Originality

Chibi-neko
Trophies
Website
metalix.deviantart.com
XP
Country
If the 3ds has been hacked does that mean that 3ds roms are hacked/decrypted as well? Or will that take longer to do? Again i have no knowledge of this process so im just wondering. thanks.
Finding a kernel exploit does not mean the keys are found. It just means they have access to most of the syscalls.

joejoejoey

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country

Or you can go to your settings and check the available regions you can set your 3DS too? Those regions equate to what countries are included in your region lock. Really simple.

Makapaka12345

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Is the exploit going to be like the Twilight Hack, where we'd have to add a save file onto LOZ Twilight Princess and play, to execute move Link backwards and it'll open BootLoader...?

DaniPoo

Trophies
XP
Country
Is the exploit going to be like the Twilight Hack, where we'd have to add a save file onto LOZ Twilight Princess and play, to execute move Link backwards and it'll open BootLoader...?
It's a save game exploit, thats about all we know. Also, we know that the exploit has potential of being used with other games. And if that is the case, then it most likely activates on loading the save-file. But yeah thats just a speculation.
What I mean is that its probably not taking advantage of a game glitch but rather a system glitch. And if thats the case then I dont believe we will have to trigger the exploit by doing something in the game, that I certainly dont :)
But I could be very wrong since there really isn't really a hell of a lot of information about this.

Makapaka12345

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
It's a save game exploit, thats about all we know. Also, we know that the exploit has potential of being used with other games. And if that is the case, then it most likely activates on loading the save-file. But yeah thats just a speculation.
What I mean is that its probably not taking advantage of a game glitch but rather a system glitch. And if thats the case then I dont believe we will have to trigger the exploit by doing something in the game, that I certainly dont :)
But I could be very wrong since there really isn't really a hell of a lot of information about this.
But wasn't the Twilight Hack a save game exploit? Because they give you the save files and you have to use that save file and to execute you have to move link backwards.

Originality

Chibi-neko
Trophies
Website
metalix.deviantart.com
XP
Country
Or you could just talk to the man in front of you.
Yeah but it's more cool to walk backwards. It gives the effect of falling out of the world of ninty-enforced restraints into the chaotic world of freedom of home brew. Just talking to a god-like NPC for the same result is boring.

Reactions: yuyuyup and kehkou

kehkou

does what Nintendon't
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yeah but it's more cool to walk backwards. It gives the effect of falling out of the world of ninty-enforced restraints into the chaotic world of freedom of home brew. Just talking to a god-like NPC for the same result is boring.

Lol yeah. It'd be cool if the 3ds hack used a hole in the ground to fall through a hole in the security.

Reactions: loco365

OldClassicGamer

Serbian Prinny
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
Serbia, Republic of
Here:

The 3DS wasn't hacked yet, it has got a tight security around it.
Don't ask for damn roms on your 3DS.
If you made an GBATemp account JUST to ask if the 3DS was hacked or not because you are too lazy to buy games then please don't make an account.

Only reason i want it is region free
u

JP317

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
It seems to be the case that eventually there will be a game I really want that isn't released in the PAL region so being able to make the 3DS region free would be the best thing to come out of a hack. Hell I pretty much only use my Supercard for Pokemon hacks and stuff now.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    DinohScene @ DinohScene: ahh nothing beats a coffee disaronno at work