What do you think about this "hack"?

• Total voters

whinis

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
To me it seems like one developer saying piracy is bad (with no data to back it up) and another saying publishers are too afraid to publish to the DS stating as piracy for one of the reasons. However I have never even heard of the Dementium game and never had any of my friends talk about it so "success" is not what I would call it also considering it had very mixed reviews due to its short length (wikipedia). However DS had more problems that piracy namely that it was fairly underpowered for what its trying todo and as stated by one of the developers really expensive games.

To me this is just another time that publishers are going LOOK PIRACY when its really the fact that they are releasing games that no one wants for prices that many can't afford.

thealeks

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
To me it seems like one developer saying piracy is bad (with no data to back it up) and another saying publishers are too afraid to publish to the DS stating as piracy for one of the reasons. However I have never even heard of the Dementium game and never had any of my friends talk about it so "success" is not what I would call it also considering it had very mixed reviews due to its short length (wikipedia). However DS had more problems that piracy namely that it was fairly underpowered for what its trying todo and as stated by one of the developers really expensive games.

To me this is just another time that publishers are going LOOK PIRACY when its really the fact that they are releasing games that no one wants for prices that many can't afford.

Are you serious? Scroll through the hacking and homebrew section if the temp, what do you see? R4i question, help with dstwo, is this flash cart real? People pirate way more than buy ds games. You can tell me that people are only using flash carts for homebrew. 99% of flash cart owners are pirating

whinis

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Are you serious? Scroll through the hacking and homebrew section if the temp, what do you see? R4i question, help with dstwo, is this flash cart real? People pirate way more than buy ds games. You can tell me that people are only using flash carts for homebrew. 99% of flash cart owners are pirating
Where did I say that people weren't pirating ? I was saying that is not the problems with the DS

Devin

"Local Hardware Wizard"
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm pretty sure like I said I nailed the list down to a few games meeting the requirements. If I can do it, then Nintendo probably has done it. The issues Nintendo would need to worry about are;

Specifically what game it is from the small list.
What allows it to be exploited.
How will we fix it?

This is all assuming the list I made is accurate. If it's not Nintendo is probably in the dark as well. With a system update not having came out in a while. (I assume there hasn't. Haven't turned on my 3DS in forever.) It's somewhat safe to say Nintendo hasn't figured out the exploit, nor have a fix. Yet.

saito1234

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I only want a "hack" which enables to run games from any region, just like FreeLoader for the Wii.
It's too bad that we need to hack the console for things like this, and Nintendo can't make it region-free by default though :\

bluemidget666

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
If Nintendo asked their users what they wanted from their console this would not happen. I want moonshell to run from the SD card and other appls games are not what I want hacked ! ..

Anyway hats off to the hackers .. Well done

Isle41

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Part of me hopes they only release a region free mod and then close off all of their other hacks, sources, and progress since clearly that's all GBAtemp wants.

Thorhian

My CPU's prefer Water
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Part of me hopes they only release a region free mod and then close off all of their other hacks, sources, and progress since clearly that's all GBAtemp wants.
Home brew please. BTW, not everyone uses ROM loading abilities in order tolerate either. Go ahead and call me naive, but this is exactly why I bought a flash cart for the DS.

Honestly, I wish there was a way of distributing the exploit in a more responsible manner, so that people who want to load 20 to 25 games on a SD and not a pay a dime for it can't do such a thing. That's just me. It's also impossible.

Devs need to calme down. I'm pretty sure that most games will be just fine, even with piracy. Games that overpriced for their lack of quality for that price point should be concerned. Cough cough rayman 3d Cough Cough

Reactions: Kikirini

TheZander

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I got a question, how will their current progress work in conjunction with the proposed decapping project? Are they roughing it out for now till they can see those megabytes? And then once they gain the pictures it will just stream line their hacking progress?

D

Deleted User

OP
I got a question, how will their current progress work in conjunction with the proposed decapping project? Are they roughing it out for now till they can see those megabytes? And then once they gain the pictures it will just stream line their hacking progress?
Idk, but decapping can open new exploits altogether and perhaps even make it easier for this hack to be unstoppable.
Yes, i do want it. I Hope they need to hack it.
Doesn't matter, for that decapping is defiantly the first thing we need.

Reactions: JayRo

Jayro

MediCat USB Dev
Developer
Trophies
Website
ko-fi.com
XP
Country
United States
I just want pirated ROMs to load from SD, whether we need to buy a flash cart or not. I don't care if it's an SD loader, or a ROM loader from flash cart like the DS. I just want to play ROMs for free, just like 99.9% of the R4 and DSTwo owners do. And somebody needs to leak us the game titles so we can shop for an exploitable game BEFORE they go batshit expensive. (Duh, fucktards)

NOW PLEASE RELEASE THE NAMES OF THE EXPLOITABLE GAMES.

Valwin

The Neautral Gamer
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I just want pirated ROMs to load from SD, whether we need to buy a flash cart or not. I don't care if it's an SD loader, or a ROM loader from flash cart like the DS. I just want to play ROMs for free, just like 99.9% of the R4 and DSTwo owners do. And somebody needs to leak us the game titles so we can shop for an exploitable game BEFORE they go batshit expensive. (Duh, fucktards)

i hope we never get to play roms on the 3ds all i want is homebrew

Reactions: Chaos Rush

loco365

Trophies
XP

That's probably the worst thing to do. That way, Nintendo can start working on a patch almost immediately. Even though they don't know how it works, they can attempt to fix any loopholes they may find.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Mondooooo @ Mondooooo: im fucking motivated