• Thread starter Deleted User
  • Start date
  • Views 662,369
  • Replies 1,247
  • Likes 38

What do you think about this "hack"?

• Total voters

henn64

I don't know what I'm doing with my life.
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Because Nintendo Never makes the Browser to perfection
Yep. Not once. Blame either Konno or Miyamoto.
Also, it has been proven that the 3ds browser can run html5 videos at the very least but nintendo purposely didnt do it, so there you go. Not perfection.
Contradictory much?

So now your saying it can run html5 and then you say it can't lol
Html5 was never made for it in the first place. BTW goto html5test.com on you 3ds and it will say everything about html5. Heck, Youtube doesn't even say you are compatible or the html5 trial and won't let you choose it.

D

Deleted User

OP
Idk I forgot if it can run html5 or not, but back when it was released, I saw an article about it and they purposely disabled html5.

Thorhian

My CPU's prefer Water
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The 120 points are for other browser properties such as html frameborder, <header>, css, etc.
It still has basic HTML 5 compatibility. You guys shouldn't whining about the browser, since it actually does pretty well knowing it runs with the system menu resources.

henn64

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
It still has basic HTML 5 compatibility. You guys shouldn't whining about the browser, since it actually does pretty well knowing it runs with the system menu resources.
for some new tags, but thats the end.

There's a few other stuff
http://html5test.com/compare/browser/nintendo3ds.html

Honestly though, the only thing that needs to happen with the browser is more sites need to start redirecting it to their mobile sites.
Most are just old tags 'n stuff from the old html. But I agree that it should be directed to mobile. Wikipedia is usually too large. And to back up my ram argument, most sites with 4 pics MAX are too large to load.

rondoh70

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The browser is powerful enough to run html5 video nintendo just took out the support of it because the 3ds has to share the ram with a possibly running game or app and the home menu. If the browser was made into an app then there would be enough resources to play video.

henn64

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
And this argument is started all because I complain about browser speed...
wow.
The browser is powerful enough to run html5 video nintendo just took out the support of it because the 3ds has to share the ram with a possibly running game or app and the home menu. If the browser was made into an app then there would be enough resources to play video.
Don't you think they would have more RAM in the first place? I was hoping 256M when they announced it.

rondoh70

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Nintendo is just trying to make the system as cheap to to produce as possible. Adding extra possibly unnecessary hardware could lower there profits. I do agree that 3ds would be better off with more ram though.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    cearp @ cearp: Welcome hazbeans