Nintendo 3DS Conference 2011

heartgold

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
There’s a 3DS-centric press conference being held on September 13th and Nintendo has launched the official website for it, which can be found here. The website mentions Ustream too, so it seems like there’ll be a live stream for us to watch. The stream will be in Japanese, but at least we can enjoy the visual side of things.

Update: The exact time for the conference is 12:00pm on September 13th. This is in Japan though, so make sure you account for the time zone difference.[/p]

Source: Nintendo3DSblog.com

Official Site

Expecting something big?
tongue.gif
I'm not.

MigueelDnd

Trophies
Website
twitter.com
XP
Country
United States
Damn, I'll be at school when that conference is live...
I hope they announce something actually important. Maybe that Mii Plaza update details, new games, specific release dates and things like that...

Edit: Oh, I forgot about demos. I hope they announce free demos... the ones that Reggie promised us.

PolloDiablo

Madre de Dios! Es El POLLO DIABLO!!!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Fear Zoa said:
Their gonna announce a cancellation of their non existent mother 3 translation just to troll everyone
and then they will say that if ever there will be a mother 3 localization, it will be only for europe

bik_84

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I think that they are just going to announce a lot of new games for the 3ds.. I hope its not a new hardware revision since that will be blow to their nintendo ambassador campaign. If the rumors are true that ninty is working to get a 2nd analog stick for the 3ds, I think it will be just like the suction analog stick for the ipad, and it will be placed on the lower right area of the touch screen. Announcing a new 3ds hardware redesign will be detrimental to their pr campaign at this point. I for one have not yet gotten over the fact that i bought a 3ds worth 250 usd then after a few months it is 170 usd. The ambassador program soften the blow but it still sucks, they just gave you 20 games, titles where you could play on an emulator.

tenshinoneko

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Maybe Nintendo will finally reduce the prices on their overpriced Wii/3DS shop

NOT! they are greedy they wont ever do it..... but at least I can dream

PS I seriously think 5 bucks for a NES game is ridiculous and the GB prices are bleh they should be 1 dollar

Qtis

Grey Knight Inquisitor
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
tenshinoneko said:
Maybe Nintendo will finally reduce the prices on their overpriced Wii/3DS shop

NOT! they are greedy they wont ever do it..... but at least I can dream

PS I seriously think 5 bucks for a NES game is ridiculous and the GB prices are bleh they should be 1 dollar

Indeed the prices should be a lot lower. The tech and programming was done ages ago and honestly isn't even close to something that could cost as much as they cost now. I do have to admit that there are good games in there and they are nice to play, but honestly..

-Qtis

KingVamp

Haaah-hahahaha!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sorry,but no. These games(nes and gameboy) are good quality games.

Saying they should be a dollar. Is like saying Mario and such, have the same quality as iphone games
like angry birds, which is pretty wrong and sad really.

Fear Zoa said:
Their gonna announce a cancellation of their non existent mother 3 translation just to troll everyone
laugh.gif

Actually, a "big" announcements of new unrevealed games would be nice.

Guild McCommunist

(not on boat)
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
KingVamp said:
Saying they should be a dollar. Is like saying Mario and such, have the same quality as iphone games

Honestly, these games came out a while ago and already all turned a profit. They shouldn't be worth any more than a few bucks.

Qtis

Grey Knight Inquisitor
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
KingVamp said:
Sorry,but no. These games(nes and gameboy) are good quality games.

I wouldn't say they're not quality games, but I'm trying to say that they are quite old and outdated to be cashed in with highish prices. It's great for people who haven't even heard of them, but cmon.. Could they at least make real packages with a few good games in total instead of 5€.. All original Mario series for NES, all TMNT series for NES, etc.. Not that hard to imagine that people would get more out of that :3

-Qtis

ps. I also happen to own quite a few NES games from back in the 90's but still I wouldn't want people paying top dollar for games that are quite old platformers. Good platformers, but still
smile.gif

EDIT: Ninja'd
ph34r.gif

Sloshy

Trophies
Website
piecesoflint.wordpress.com
XP
Country
United States
I'm pretty fine with the prices as-is. It's not like they just pack it with an emulator and ship it; there's quite a bit of testing and debugging they have to do first, I'd assume. For example, if I download a random game off of the internet and load it up in a third-party emulator, not only is that a little complicated to set up (relative to a VC game), but I have to worry about the emulator options, where I'm getting the ROM from, and then the ROM, if it even works, will probably have some glitches along the way that arise from it not being on it's original hardware. VC games, however, are tested to make sure that they work well and the emulation is generally much more accurate than otherwise. I'd be willing to support that.

Arwen20

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I think it will be interesting. I don't know what to expect. I'm not sure if I want there to be a re-designed 3DS yet. However, if it's a 3DS XL, I know I would be trading up. I eagerly traded in my DSi for a DSi XL and I have never looked back. I guess we have plenty of time for speculation.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    why
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @K3Nv2, it's not funny
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    ok
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Wut?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    That's not funny
    +2
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    So two cannibals where eating a clown and one says to the other. Hey does this taste funny to you?
    +2
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    What do you call a slow car? Retired
    +1
    Did you hear about the police car that someone stole the wheels off of? The police are working tirelessly to find the thieves.
    +2
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    A firefighter got arrested for assault his main claim was what I was told he was on fire
    +2
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    What do you call a hooker with a runny nose? Full
    +2
    What do you tell a woman with two black eyes? Nothing you already told her twice!
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Diddy also works
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    A scientist heard the word batman so he put a naked lady in a cage with a bat
    Chuck Norris won a staring contest, with the sun.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    A vampires favorite thing to do is moon you
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    What's the difference between an airplane, and Ken's mom? Not everyone has been in an airplane.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    What's the difference between @BigOnYa and his wife? Nothing both want to bone me
    +3
  • RedColoredStars @ RedColoredStars:
    How much wood could a wood chuck chuck if a wood chuck could chuck norris
    +1
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    how do i know? you're a guy, and he wants to bone every guy on this site (maybe, idk)
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    He wants to bone anything with a dick
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Good night
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Nighty night, big day tomorrow. Congrats.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://www.instagram.com/reel/C7iLZ35NrQt/?igsh=MWd2Z3U0dmNlMmNxcw==