Homebrew ROM Hack Introducing Satella Zone! A Nintendo Zone Revival!

sagyejeol

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Korea, South
Power on your system while pressing Select. Maybe I phrased incorrectly? I believe there's only one option that says Patch.
Well, I only Have options saying 'Enable Game Patching'. And when I tried to find satellazone I couldn't find the title ID. And I also didn't found Satellazone Named title.

Edit : Here's Error Message
Cannot continue because the system's region setting has changed since the previous session. Please access Nintendo eShop.

Last edited by sagyejeol,

V800

Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
Well, I only Have options saying 'Enable Game Patching'. And when I tried to find satellazone I couldn't find the title ID. And I also didn't found Satellazone Named title.
In FBI titles, scroll down until you find Nintendo Zone Viewer and open it. As you have said, the option is "Enable Game Patching", that one needs to be ticked in order to iniciate SatellaZone.

V800

Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
And That gave me Error Messages about regions
Check your Luma folder in the SD. You need to create a folder and named it with the title-id of your region and inside you put the romsf folder that contains the www folder.
Do you have a functioning Nintendo Account? It may be a good idea to log in before trying to open the Nintendo Zone Viewer Rom.

gelderm

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
I've got an European 3ds and so, my Nintendo Zone Viewer was hidden. I've discovered that if you correctly place the files in its corresponding folder and then iniciate the app from the FBI title menu, not only Satella Zone will work flawlessly but once you exit the app, it will appear in your 3ds menu.

Therefore, I suggest forgetting about hooking up your 3ds to an open wifi network and stick to this method:

1) Paste the files in the luma folder under its correspondent TitleID
2) Select Patch titles in the Luma Menu
3) Open FBI and navigate to Titles
4) Navegate for SatellaMenu!
it works!! thanks european friend

sagyejeol

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Korea, South
Check your Luma folder in the SD. You need to create a folder and named it with the title-id of your region and inside you put the romsf folder that contains the www folder.
Do you have a functioning Nintendo Account? It may be a good idea to log in before trying to open the Nintendo Zone Viewer Rom.
Well, Here's What I'm Experiencing:

1. It doesn't seem to be affected with luma folder. I've put it in exact 0004001000021B00 folder, And It repeats the message.
2. I have Functioning NNID Right now, for Rverse contents.
3. After CFW I can't Access Online Features in my 3DS. And It will take another time to get back to Korean NAND.
4. Most Importantly, Despite The Discontinuing on Every Nintendo Zone, Korean NAND DIDN'T EVEN HAVE Nintendo Zone. Might as well NNID. So I'm assuming that Nintendo Zone prevents me because there's trace of my Korean NAND.

Well, Might as well I have to wait until next patch, or when I find way to access eShop after CFW.

assassinz

Visoly 512 Flash Advance Linker Xtreme Master!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Do any of you guys have Nintendo zone pages saved from when it wasn’t discontinued? It would be kindly appreciated if you could send screenshots to us so that we can make this revival complete. direct messages are accepted.
I found several saved pages on my 3DS! Here's a few pics. Is there any way to actually extract this data for use on other 3DSes? Some screenshots are viewable in 3D.

FYI, I found these saved pages on my 3DS without Stella Zone installed. But I did have to use FBI to launch the Nintendo Zone title.

Attachments

• 20220517_054024_HDR.jpg
    20220517_054024_HDR.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 91
  • 20220517_054050_HDR.jpg
    20220517_054050_HDR.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 91
  • 20220517_054117_HDR.jpg
    20220517_054117_HDR.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 86
  • 20220517_054143_HDR.jpg
    20220517_054143_HDR.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 97
  • 20220517_054656_HDR.jpg
    20220517_054656_HDR.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 83
  • 20220517_054719_HDR.jpg
    20220517_054719_HDR.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 103

V800

Trophies
XP
Country
Spain

1. It doesn't seem to be affected with luma folder. I've put it in exact 0004001000021B00 folder, And It repeats the message.
3. After CFW I can't Access Online Features in my 3DS. And It will take another time to get back to Korean NAND.
4. Most Importantly, Despite The Discontinuing on Every Nintendo Zone, Korean NAND DIDN'T EVEN HAVE Nintendo Zone. Might as well NNID. So I'm assuming that Nintendo Zone prevents me because there's trace of my Korean NAND.

Well, Might as well I have to wait until next patch, or when I find way to access eShop after CFW.
I've just checked the SatellaZone github releases page and I've found there's a zip file called USAPatch. Since 0004001000021B00 is the title-id of the USA version, you may want to check this patch.

jeffyTheHomebrewer

Neato Burrito!
Trophies
Website
catboybeebop.neocities.org
XP
Country
United States
How about a homebrew app to turn a 3DS system into a dedicated streetpass relay?
Yeah, that's exactly what I've been thinking! Maybe it'd capture streetpass data, then switch between broadcasting up to 10 or so different people's streetpass data for about 10 minutes per person's data, then switch to the next, rinse/repeat.
(Just as a start, though since IDK if a 3DS could broadcast multiple system's streetpass data at once)

pistonfish

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
I've got an European 3ds and so, my Nintendo Zone Viewer was hidden. I've discovered that if you correctly place the files in its corresponding folder and then iniciate the app from the FBI title menu, not only Satella Zone will work flawlessly but once you exit the app, it will appear in your 3ds menu.

Therefore, I suggest forgetting about hooking up your 3ds to an open wifi network and stick to this method:

1) Paste the files in the luma folder under its correspondent TitleID
2) Select Patch titles in the Luma Menu
3) Open FBI and navigate to Titles
4) Navegate for SatellaMenu!
That's interesting. I tried this first but it didn't work for me. That's the whole reason I stated the thing with the WiFi network.

V800

Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
That's interesting. I tried this first but it didn't work for me. That's the whole reason I stated the thing with the WiFi network.
I began by changing my router config to hook up to Nintendo Zone. I ended up with a black icon in the 3ds menu and a corrupted title. I had to erase Nintendo Zone and reinstall it using recovery mode. Then, I just corrected the folder structure in my SD and ran the title from FBI and no more problems thereafter.

pistonfish

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
I began by changing my router config to hook up to Nintendo Zone. I ended up with a black icon in the 3ds menu and a corrupted title.
That's very weird. Activating the Nintendo Zone over WiFi is how it is intended by Nintendo. You might ran into a glitch or some weird behaviour caused by some homebrew.

I was running the current Luma version with Satella Zone already installed when connecting to the WiFi and it worked as it should. Previously I was able to launch the Viewer over FBI but it didn't show up on my home menu. After connecting to my WiFi it popped right up and I got a notification that the Viewer is now available.

Ghost64

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
satellazone.neocities.org
XP
Country
United States
I found several saved pages on my 3DS! Here's a few pics. Is there any way to actually extract this data for use on other 3DSes? Some screenshots are viewable in 3D.

FYI, I found these saved pages on my 3DS without Stella Zone installed. But I did have to use FBI to launch the Nintendo Zone title.
Are you able to DM/PM the save data so that we can use it? It’d be really appreciated.

Ghost64

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
XP
Country
United States

Step 1: Go into GodMode9
2: Go into CTRNAND
3: Go into data/32charactername/sysdata/0002021b(if you’re EUR it’s 0002022b)/00000000.
4: Copy the 00000000 to the root of your SD Card.
5. Send it to me in PMs or DMs whatever they call it

Ghost64

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
XP
Country
United States

I know how to fix your problem i think.
1)Go to GodMode9
2)Go to luma/titles.
3) Copy the Nintendo Zone Title ID folder, Which for USA it’s 21B00.
4)Go in your USA Emunand.
5)Go into rw/luma and create the folder “titles”.
6) Paste the title id folder into the titles folder
7) Enable Game Patching if you haven’t.
That’s all. Lemme know if you have any issues

Reactions: jeffyTheHomebrewer

Stefano_Lassandro

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
I was wondering, is the homemenu patch exclusive to the USA version?
I'm using the EUR version and I was wondering how I could launch the software from the home menu.

Ghost64

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
XP
Country
United States
I was wondering, is the homemenu patch exclusive to the USA version?
I'm using the EUR version and I was wondering how I could launch the software from the home menu.
it says usapatch so it is only for USA consoles. If you have an android phone, turn on hotspot and rename the Hotspot to “NintendoSpotPass1” with no password. otherwise, just download the local version and just launch Nintendo zone from FBI.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    also gonna install twilight menu in my r4 flashcard
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    One thing that just occurred to me.... The sound on the 2600 sucked less back then the harsh sound we hear now is from infinitely better speakers we have now, back when the 2600 was new speakers produced a almost muffled sound, like CRTs made old graphics look slightly better.
    I wonder if I could recommend that to some emulation devs that perhaps the sound could use some smoothing out to simulate those old TVs
    I think a few of the early systems could benefit from that, at least up to the 8 bit generation, by the 16 bit generation I think TVs had gotten a lot better in almost every way
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    i dont have an sd card adapter but I have an usb sd card adapter
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Old people games
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    its not the one that comes with the r4
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    doesnt work (my flashcard is from r4isdhc.com)
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    might install ysmenu first
    Try Wood firmware
    For your R4
    It's old but it's the best firmware out for DS stuff
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    it says it only works for the original R4, R4i Gold (r4ids.cn), R4iDSN (r4idsn.com) and Acekard R.P.G.
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    nvm it does support mine
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    but why choose it over ysmenu @Psionic Roshambo?
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    bc im stupid?
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    yea ik im stupid
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    good night
    Just give it a try, but honestly if you have a 3DS you can play DS games without a card just off the internal SD card
    Slightly slower loading but a bit more convenient
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    guys, my fuckin headphones have an out of place speaker
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Did you try wearing them?
    B @ btjunior: @Xdqwerty 16