Nintendo 3DS battery question.

Discussion in '3DS - Console, Accessories and Hardware' started by Relys, Mar 28, 2011.

Mar 28, 2011

Nintendo 3DS battery question. by Relys at 8:17 PM (1,140 Views / 0 Likes) 6 replies

1. Relys
    OP

Member Relys Master of Computer Science

United States
    Hello, I just bought a Nintendo 3DS and I was wondering if I should charge it all the way the first time playing it?

I don't have 3.5 hours of time right now but I would like to try it out on my lunch break.

2. CompC

Member CompC GBAtemp Fan

United States
    I got it and just played it right when I got it. I played it while it was plugged in and it was fine. Then I charged it overnight.

3. Porobu

Member Porobu Gbatemps Shiny Latias

Spain
    You can charge whenever you want. Li-Ion batteries last from 3 to 5 years, not X amount of cycles as people say.

IMPORTANT: NEVER DISCHARGE COMPLETELY A LI-ION BATTERY. if the safety circuit shuts off you cannot recharge it anymore

4. Relys
    OP

United States
    Sweet. Haha I used to be into RC cars when I was little and you always had to discharge them completely to get a maximum charge.

It was already charged enough for one hour of play time right outta the box. ^.^

The system is really awesome. Great hardware design. Very beautiful.

They should have incorporated bluetooth and ditched the FC system (I want to rip the balls off which ever nintendo employee decided to keep it). Also, the battery life is a little bit low. I would have preferred a larger system with extra battery life.

For the people who argue that 4 hours is enough they are retarded. I'm a full grown adult with a job and college and the Nintendo 3DS should be able to last me for long car trips and flights. I take my portables with me places because I usually have nothing constructive to do for quite a while.

Also, the only good game is SSIV which I picked up. They need some more titles.

5. DigitalDeviant

Member DigitalDeviant GBAtemp Addict

United States
    I'm curious does your 3DS hinge wobble slightly with no pressure put on it?

6. Relys
    OP

United States
    Yes sir, it does. That might get annoying for bumpy car rides. It's not that big of a deal as horizontal wobble is what messes the 3d up.

7. Ryufushichou

Member Ryufushichou I'm Not British, I'm Just Gay!

Australia
    So does this mean that 3.5 hours is the time it takes to charge? im getting mine in 2 days and i was wondering as i plan on finding somewhere to charge it at school.....