• Views 16,506
  • Replies 78
  • Likes 5

samljer

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
but maybe nintendo did something so that the 2ds so that it does not work with flash carts
i mean it must have similar but very different firmware compared to a 3ds. i don't think that making a 2ds is as simple as taking out the 3d screen
it must have had a lot of hardware changes, no matter how similar they are.

Actually as far as nintendo has said, theres no difference at all
cept one.

the hardware switch is removed, and stuck in the OFF position "for the 3d function"

basically the functions there, but stuck in OFF - oh and the screen is probably not capable, and if you fold it, that will break it....
but no other differences :P

security16

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I got one for my son . Here in Oz they are about $100 cheaper than a 3ds which isn't something I can even afford -_- My DSTWO works on it with no issues and i'm assuming they released it on the same day as the new pokemon came out so that the wee kiddies could get a console that won't kill their eyesight or bankrupt parents though that said the game is $60 retail here and there weren't any game and console bundles being offered which pissed me off. The sleep function I find is good because I can take it off my son and put it in sleep mode without disrupting his game while he does important things like going to the toilet, eating and sleeping. The main thing i don't like is the arrows are off balance to the xaby buttons but I don't play it and it doesn't bother the kidlet at all

vikeyev

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I got one for my son . Here in Oz they are about $100 cheaper than a 3ds which isn't something I can even afford -_- My DSTWO works on it with no issues and i'm assuming they released it on the same day as the new pokemon came out so that the wee kiddies could get a console that won't kill their eyesight or bankrupt parents though that said the game is $60 retail here and there weren't any game and console bundles being offered which pissed me off.

Depends on where in aussie you are. The Big W here (the entrance is like 10 metres away from EB) sells it for $179 while the 3ds sells for $235 now, EB is dearer though lol. JB hifi sells the pokemon 3DS XL for same price. EB sells Pokemon X and Y for $64 while Big W sells it for $44.

I honestly don't like it very much. The joystick and buttons are too high up for my liking but to each their own. That and I'm in the minority of people that actually really like 3d.

Actually as far as nintendo has said, theres no difference at all
cept one.

the hardware switch is removed, and stuck in the OFF position "for the 3d function"

basically the functions there, but stuck in OFF

...really?? that doesn't seem very likely to me, that would be a waste of money. To put hardware capable of such things into the console but just turn the feature permanently off...

kyogre123

Mexican Pride
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Depends on where in aussie you are. The Big W here (the entrance is like 10 metres away from EB) sells it for $179 while the 3ds sells for $235 now, EB is dearer though lol. JB hifi sells the pokemon 3DS XL for same price. EB sells Pokemon X and Y for $64 while Big W sells it for $44.

I honestly don't like it very much. The joystick and buttons are too high up for my liking but to each their own. That and I'm in the minority of people that actually really like 3d.

...really?? that doesn't seem very likely to me, that would be a waste of money. To put hardware capable of such things into the console but just turn the feature permanently off...

The software is programmed to do that, not the hardware.

pepe89

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Hi,
I bought a 2DS (the red transparent version) recently. It has Firmware 7.2.0-17
I use it with an R4i 3DS Revolution card for NDS and rxtools for the rest...
Love it.

mgrev

Music Addict, Video Game Fanatic
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
Hey Snailface, how comfy would you say it is in your hands when gaming? I was thinking it probably feels similar to the Wii U pad.
lol, it sounded like you tried to insult him

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

$520 3DS XL

$420 3DS
import from us/uk/japan

Ruby Gloom

GBAtemp Maniac
Trophies
XP
Country
New Zealand
I've bought a 2ds today. I'm on FW 8.1.0-xx. Can someone redirect me to a gateway 2ds tutorial for FW 8.1.0? I've searched high and low but i'm a confused noob here... :/

Ruby Gloom

GBAtemp Maniac
Trophies
XP
Country
New Zealand
I've seen several unboxing vids that clearly show a 2ds boot logo.Weird that he isn't seeing that. Can't wait till tomorrow so I can investigate this oddity myself.
5 years later, I still see a " Nintendo 3ds " Logo on loading screens. But this thread was nearly dead...

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Lol rappers still promoting crypto