• Thread starter moc
  • Start date
  • Views 16,527
  • Replies 78
  • Likes 5

Snailface

My frothing demand for 3ds homebrew is increasing
Trophies
Engine Room with Cyan, watching him learn.
XP
Reactions: bowser

kyogre123

Mexican Pride
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
A boot logo and $30 is really the dealbreaker on a system?

Really?

Really?

You are taking it the way you want... I just said that it was lazy to sell the system branded as 2DS having the 3DS logo within the system.

The other part is that between the original 3DS and the 2DS, there isn't too much difference between prices, so is not appealing enough for me to buy it as my second system.

how_do_i_do_that

Blue Wizard is about to die.
Trophies
You have insufficient posts to view user location.
XP
Country
Antarctica
You are taking it the way you want... I just said that it was lazy to sell the system branded as 2DS having the 3DS logo within the system.

The other part is that between the original 3DS and the 2DS, there isn't too much difference between prices, so is not appealing enough for me to buy it as my second system.

You are blindly ignorant of the fact that nintendo went through a lawsuit over the 3D effect without glasses and lost. Producing a new system without the 3D effect is also away to limit the lawsuit damages from increasing.

http://www.bloomberg.com/news/2013-...duction-of-3-d-patent-infringement-award.html
The lawsuit was several moths back, this is the damages phase.

Legally, this is a defensive move to produce a 3D-less system.
From a market share point of view, it is a way for nintendo to reach people that either couldn't afford the 3DS and the age group of children that would have been effected by a 3D mode.

kyogre123

Mexican Pride
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
You are blindly ignorant of the fact that nintendo went through a lawsuit over the 3D effect without glasses and lost. Producing a new system without the 3D effect is also away to limit the lawsuit damages from increasing.

What the eff is your problem? I already knew that and that's not something that should concern me as a costumer. Nintendo is not a charity company I must support, it's a lucrative business and at the end, costumers have the right to choose whatever version of their system they want to buy. I would say you are the blind, ignorant fanatic for believing I should feel bad for them just for commenting they should sell something at a lower price.

Master X

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Lawsuit? The only one I heard about was them getting hit over a patent for screen designs.

Anyway, I'm getting a 2ds. Mainly for legit games - I've a XL to use my Gateway on, and the 2DS for games with MP features that I like.

how_do_i_do_that

Blue Wizard is about to die.
Trophies
You have insufficient posts to view user location.
XP
Country
Antarctica
Lawsuit? The only one I heard about was them getting hit over a patent for screen designs.

Anyway, I'm getting a 2ds. Mainly for legit games - I've a XL to use my Gateway on, and the 2DS for games with MP features that I like.

It is not screen design, it is the glassless 3D mode.

I thought I was clear about it in my last post.

I might have missed that. I take back the "blindly ignorant" comment then.

---

If nintendo loses the appeal or retrial, any future handheld will likely be based off the 2DS rather than the 3DS.

migles

All my gbatemp friends are now mods, except for me
Trophies
XP
Country
China
heres my opinion on the 2ds, its a bit too expensive for what it is.. probably nintendo saved about 100$ in manufacturing each console (compared to the 3ds xl) and its selling for 20$ or 30$ less..

captain_corona

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
captaincorona.us
XP
Country
United States
Got my 2DS (electric blue).

I've tested both a DS2 and a GW Blue card -- both are running fine as expected on starting firmware 6.0.0-12U. (the DS2 was a very tight fit tho)

Other notes:
*Its not ugly at all, looks a lot better than online pics but I'd stop short of saying it looks better than my Flame Red OG. Looks better than my
XL though
*Slightly heavier than I imagined.
*Sound is better than I imagined although you can feel the vibration behind the system.
*Seems a little dimmer than the OG but the clarity is nice.
*D-pad is spongy like most people say but still feels quality.
*It won't power on if you have it in sleep mode (this scared me bunches :P)
*It has an optional 2DS specific tutorial on the initial system setup screen.
*Volume slider is hard to move even if you know where it is. (too recessed)
*All game controls feel quality along with the system's general build quality
*DS games look great. Natural color, full screen clarity, small screen divider, and loud speaker are all highlights.
*rated at 4.1 watts just like the 3DS OG (it has a 1300mAmp battery too)

That's all I can think of now. I'm happy with my purchase. : )

Any questions feel free to ask.

does the restrict 3d option in parental controls still present?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: Overclock your PS3!!! lol