Ninjatown

Discussion in 'NDS - Console and Game Discussions' started by esoterica, Nov 10, 2008.

Nov 10, 2008

Ninjatown by esoterica at 9:50 PM (6,088 Views / 0 Likes) 51 replies

1. esoterica
    OP

Member esoterica GBAtemp Regular

United States
    I know Ninjatown was a popular hit, just wondering if everyone who completed it tried to get all A's on every stage? I started going back to get all A's, but having some problems on the Business district and the 7th stage as well. Any tips??

2. FlyingPretzel

Member FlyingPretzel GBAtemp Regular

Israel
    Well
    i finished the Game
    And i didnt do all 7
    even in 2 stages i did them in the Easy mode and got an E

3. esoterica
    OP

United States
    The game is pretty easy until I got to the Business district, then it took me several tries to beat it. I got stuck on some of the stages forever, and I still only have B's for all the stages. I'm not usually a perfectionist, but with the way they did this, it just makes me feel like I sort of half assed it through, and I KNOW I can get an A with the magic combination. The game should unlock something for getting A's on all stages.

4. GameSoul

Member GameSoul youtube.com/variantdevil

United States
    Is it true theres an S Rank in this game? Also I'm having trouble in the buisiness district too. It's the flying birds demons that mess me up. So I make more anti-air ninja. then the soldiers come in, so my anti-air units are next to useless against them. Just WTF do I do to get things right around here. [​IMG]

5. TrolleyDave

Former Staff TrolleyDave Philosolosophising

United Kingdom
    I'm loving this game! So far I've managed to get all A's up until the Business Distrct where I've got an A, 2 B's and a D. To get an A in the first Business District level it's all about perfect placement of the forest ninjas and black ninjas and levelling them up as quick as possible.

I usually just fly through the levels in a game like this until I've completed it but for some reason I actually want to get all A's in it before moving properly onto the next district. It's just such a nice game to play. Easy enough to pick up and play, and challenging enough without be too taxing or too frustrating.

6. GameSoul

Member GameSoul youtube.com/variantdevil

United States
    What are forest ninjas? I've never heard of them before.

7. VISHI SO FISHI

Member VISHI SO FISHI Cricket My love!

India
    Forest ninjas are un-locked after 30 something percent of the game, they have low attack but attack ffast and can attack flying and ground ninjas..they carry a Bow and Arrow..

I am loving the game, i have finished 40 percent, i have not played any stages on easy , but right now i am up to the part were you umlock the forst ninjas and the zombie enemy!

I am loving this! [​IMG]

8. InuYasha

Member InuYasha Professional Coke Fiend

United States
    So do stage ranks unlock anything or are they just to make you feel happy inside?

9. ENDscape

Member ENDscape REBORN! I will post with my Dying Will!!!

Philippines
    Business district stage 2 is one annoying level. Its that 4 square level where those annoying helmet fast ninjas demons are. I got a d rank on it and im spamming levels to get tokens. hopefully tokens will help, so gather a lot of tokens.

10. esoterica
    OP

United States
    Well, somehow I managed to get B's on all of the Business District stages except for stage 2, in which I made a C. But I'll tell you my strat for stage 3 (NTSE Plaza). On the very top of the map right by where the gate/end is, on the left side, I built Wee ninja huts, with a Tea hut in the middle. On the right side, all sniper huts, with the Guard (range) tower in the middle. Upgrade Wee and sniper towers when you can. And on the strip below those, you can build frost and some Business ninja to help slow down more (you don't have to upgrade them). You might want to try replacing the very last 2 towers at the end (right next to the gate) with Anti ninja because those blobs still get to do some damage to my gate and therefore ruining my A (I think).

I'm stuck at 7/4. Those balloon devils are mean.

11. MyauChanDesu

Member MyauChanDesu Kamineko is GOD.

Australia

12. TrolleyDave

Former Staff TrolleyDave Philosolosophising

United Kingdom
    I've figured out the strategy to it if you want to know it? I've managed to get all A's now up to the level I'm on (Shipping Lane).

13. darkworldz

Newcomer darkworldz Advanced Member

Singapore
    hmm so no1 here has played td on war3x??
    in my opinion upgrading is more stronger than spammin buildings..
    after u mastered that, the game is basically so easy tht u dun even wna plae it anymore..
    added the skills, tokens
    wads more easier than that??

14. Priss

Member Priss GBAtemp Regular

Canada
    I'm an old school Deffence player ei: StarCraft WarCraft and online games
    I seriously could not get into this game [​IMG]

Although I don't see the point in getting all A's... Is there any replay value to this? [​IMG]

15. kezlehan

Member kezlehan GBAtemp Regular

United Kingdom
    At first I was just building ninjas everywhere, and not upgrading so much. Upgrade more!!! (If you don't already). It definately works better than having a load of ninjas that are weak

16. Aleatz

Newcomer Aleatz Advanced Member

Australia
    I just finished tonight. What a great game. Too bad it didn't last too long. I guess I should aim for more As. I have 13 As in total.

My favourite tactic was to put Business and Wee at the goal first, then have a one or two Anti and Mountains next to them after getting some cookies. Then showing in a Sniper or two, just in case of fliers.

17. dice

Former Staff dice pansy-ass ex-staff member

United Kingdom
    Ninjatown is a pretty good game. I finished it a couple of days getting an A rank in all stages (You don't gain any bonuses).

For the second stage (Downtown) in Business District, I suggest deploying ONLY Business Ninjas, making sure that they cover all available areas. Once that's done focus on upgrading your ninjas in the front line and continue to do so with each row when possible. Of course use your special abilties (magnifryer glass and get off my lawn in particular) to ensure enemies don't escape and you should have no problems in achieving an A grade.

I couldn't really give you much help atm on the other levels as it's been a while since I've played them.

18. EmperorOfCanada

Member EmperorOfCanada GBAtemp Maniac

Canada
    Really? I beat that A first try I think.. just used all business ninjas

19. Ruri

Member Ruri GBAtemp Advanced Fan

United States
    I used a mix of business with a few Anti ninjas thrown in to finish enemies off, I think. But yeah. The key to that level is to notice that the enemy is all of one or two types. I forget the exact details, but I remember that it has a very limited selection of enemies, so you can win easily by spamming the ninjas that they're weak against -- business, mostly.

Even though snipers do reduced damage to ground units, they can also be useful on account of their ability to instantly target anywhere in their range, and the fact that the unstoppable caffeine enemies have very little HP.

Mostly, focus more on spamming business ninjas than on upgrading at first -- the key is to make sure you have enough business ninjas to engage everyone long enough for them to die.

20. Hehe Moo

Member Hehe Moo Moo?

Australia
    ?!!!

How the heck did you get A rank in all stages dice? I used Narin's cheats and i still struggled.

==" clearly shows our difference in game knowledge and strategy.