NinjaDS setup

Discussion in 'Other Flashing Hardware & Software' started by KhaldoonSaid, Aug 27, 2018.

1. KhaldoonSaid
    OP

KhaldoonSaid Newbie

Newcomer
    Nov 10, 2009
    United States
    Hi
    I recently bought a NintendoDS Lite that came with a NinjaDS flash cart, but it came with no microSD card. I plugged in a 4GB one formatted in FAT16 and added a few NDS files, photos (JPG) and MP3s to the card's root, but when I run the launcher, it gives me the following message "ERROR: no SD/CF card found". I tried formatting the microSD card to FAT32, but the same problem came back. I used another microSD card, but to no avail. I searched online for a solution, but could not find any. When I download the NinjaDS firmware 1.03 and copy it to the root of the microSD card, the launcher would not detect it, even if I pressed (and held) the L+R buttons when booting.
    My questions:
    1. Do I need to have specific launcher files on my microSD card so that the flash cart can properly work?
    2. Is there a proper folder structure that I need to use in order for the launcher to detect my files?
    3. Can NinjaDS detect 4GB (or larger) microSD cards or do I have to use smaller sizes?
    Appreciate your help, as the NinjaDS website is no longer functional.
    Regards

Last edited by KhaldoonSaid, Aug 27, 2018
  2. Technicmaster0

Technicmaster0 GBAtemp Psycho!

Oct 22, 2011
    Gambia, The
    A card with 2GB or less might work.

3. KhaldoonSaid
    OP

KhaldoonSaid Newbie

Newcomer
    Nov 10, 2009
    United States
    Thank you, Technicmaster0. I will look for a 2GB card. Do I need to add any (system) files to the card aside from the NDS/JPG/MP3 ones? Is there a certain folder structure that I need to use/follow?

4. Sora Takihawa

Sora Takihawa Planeptunes Male CPU

Oct 11, 2015
    Germany
    Planeptune
    you propably need the kernel files for that flashcard...

5. KhaldoonSaid
    OP

KhaldoonSaid Newbie

Newcomer
    Nov 10, 2009
    United States
    Hello Sora. Do you happen to know where I can find the kernel files? I searched for them a lot, but I could only find the update file.

6. Sora Takihawa

Sora Takihawa Planeptunes Male CPU

Oct 11, 2015
    Germany
    Planeptune
    sorry for that but i couldnt find them either

KhaldoonSaid likes this.
  7. Plstic

Plstic Guru Meditation Error

Apr 21, 2010
    United States
    Milwaukee WI
  8. KhaldoonSaid
    OP

KhaldoonSaid Newbie

Newcomer
    Nov 10, 2009
    United States
    Thanks for the link, Plstic. I went earlier to this site and downloaded the corresponding firmware, but I am unable to enter into update mode (L+R while booting). Are there system files instead of a firmware update that are needed?