Translation Ni no Kuni Translation [ENG]

pleonex

Trophies
Website
github.com
XP
Country
Switzerland
Hi! Old thread, but I was wondering if anyone has the file(s) for the Daily Gazettes? Or a path to it using Tinke? I know that it's not translated in English, but I'd like to look at them in Japanese and I can't find them going through the rom...
The "Magic news" are not inside the ROM file.
If I remember correctly it was 7 pieces of news you could download from the old Nintendo Online servers. Each day you could download from the game a file containing one new piece, replacing the last one. Then the content was saved in the save file (max 5 or 7 news). It lasted for one year.
So unless someone was dumping this file manually or automatically each day it's not possible to get anymore.

Fortunately that was the case. For the Spanish translation we were able to find this website where someone wrote all the news: http://game-kouryaku.info/ninokuni/tuusin

Back in the day I wrote a Python script with scrapy to download the content from there so we could translate it: https://github.com/pleonex/Ninokuni/tree/master/Programs/scripts/magicnews

Then with the help of Nagato we wrote a python script to replicate this feature when we released the Spanish translation.

sweetpeasprite

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
The "Magic news" are not inside the ROM file.
If I remember correctly it was 7 pieces of news you could download from the old Nintendo Online servers. Each day you could download from the game a file containing one new piece, replacing the last one. Then the content was saved in the save file (max 5 or 7 news). It lasted for one year.
So unless someone was dumping this file manually or automatically each day it's not possible to get anymore.

Fortunately that was the case. For the Spanish translation we were able to find this website where someone wrote all the news: [link]

Back in the day I wrote a Python script with scrapy to download the content from there so we could translate it: [link]

Then with the help of Nagato we wrote a python script to replicate this feature when we released the Spanish translation.
Thank you so much!! This is great!

jbam17

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
For anyone having trouble with the Dream World riddles, the English keyboard is messed up. For the third rabbit question "0" answer one for example. Just load your save on the original Japanese ROM and answer it in that, then save again and load your updated save with the patched ROM.

Hope this helps.

One question though, does anyone know why the Clock Imagen is not showing up in the Dream World in my game? There is supposed to be one that you can cast a spell on and recruit but it is not showing up? Do you have to be at a certain point in the game or is it somewhere hidden? Please let me know!

Reactions: zfreeman

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @salazarcosplay, gta v is down since november 2021