NGPC Backlit LCD Mod

Discussion in 'Other Handhelds' started by subcon959, Oct 16, 2019.

1. subcon959
    OP

subcon959 teh retro

Dec 24, 2008
    If anyone is on the fence about the replacement LCD's that are all over Aliexpress (for NGPC or GBC) then don't worry, they are definitely worth a shot. No soldering required either (although you do need to desolder some speaker wires that are in the way if your speaker is still glued in).

[​IMG]

The slightly smaller screen is the only downside, but it just takes a minute or two before you stop noticing it (as long as you get a nice bezel to cover the gap).

2. romanaOne

romanaOne GBAtemp Fan

Apr 18, 2014
    United States
    where the potential goes to zero
    Where did you get the nice bezel?

I can only find it at handheldlegend.com and it only comes with the screen. I already have the screen and don't want to buy a second one just to get the bezel.

3. subcon959
    OP

subcon959 teh retro

Dec 24, 2008
    I got mine from laserbear.net I think it was around $7.

4. romanaOne

romanaOne GBAtemp Fan

Apr 18, 2014
    United States
    where the potential goes to zero
    btw, it was even less work for me. I didn't need to remove the speaker wires. The speaker + wires could easily be removed from the case without desoldering by carefully prying the speaker loose using one of those hooked-needle-on-a-stick-tools for lifting the square cover glass from a microscope slide. Found it in the box with my Fisher-Price microscope.

I have no idea what you call this tool but it is incredibly handy for picking (or prying) up tiny parts and routing tiny wires. Much better than an ordinary needle.

Quick Reply
Draft saved Draft deleted