NGPC Backlit LCD Mod

subcon959

@!#?@!
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
If anyone is on the fence about the replacement LCD's that are all over Aliexpress (for NGPC or GBC) then don't worry, they are definitely worth a shot. No soldering required either (although you do need to desolder some speaker wires that are in the way if your speaker is still glued in).

ZrVTbrP.jpg

The slightly smaller screen is the only downside, but it just takes a minute or two before you stop noticing it (as long as you get a nice bezel to cover the gap).

romanaOne

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
btw, it was even less work for me. I didn't need to remove the speaker wires. The speaker + wires could easily be removed from the case without desoldering by carefully prying the speaker loose using one of those hooked-needle-on-a-stick-tools for lifting the square cover glass from a microscope slide. Found it in the box with my Fisher-Price microscope.

I have no idea what you call this tool but it is incredibly handy for picking (or prying) up tiny parts and routing tiny wires. Much better than an ordinary needle.

subcon959

@!#?@!
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Time for an update. There is now a new IPS replacement screen that is closer to the original's size. It is fantastic!

oXblaHz.jpg

It has an OSD to change the settings, you can even adjust the horizontal and vertical position which makes installing perfectly less of a concern.

deUjBWh.jpg

The only downside is that you now have to trim the case to fit this screen :-(

94qanos.jpg

Reactions: hippy dave

PrinceOfBrains

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I was just about to start a thread about these! I just finished up installing mine from Console5. It's a little closer to the first one OP posted - adjustable brightness but isn't the same size as the OEM screen, although not in a way that I can really notice while playing. (I was also sorta happy to order from a Michigan business, as Console5 is only about an hour or so away from me)

kD9dx9Z.jpg

I was a little nerve-wracked to install it, but it looks great and works with my flash cart, so I'm pretty happy with it!

Reactions: subcon959

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Black_Manta_8bit @ Black_Manta_8bit: Oh @RedColoredStars yeah thats sad :sad: i feel it.