NGP Vs. 3DS

Discussion in 'General Gaming Discussion' started by tagzard, Apr 21, 2011.

?

3DS Or NGB

1. 3DS

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. NGP

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
Apr 21, 2011

NGP Vs. 3DS by tagzard at 10:43 PM (5,079 Views / 0 Likes) 110 replies

1. tagzard
    OP

Banned tagzard Tagzard the Crazy Dinosaur with Wings.

United States
    i personnally would get the ngp. even though the 3ds is flashable im pretty sure there will be a have for ngp. but thats my opinion you choose what you want

2. emigre

Member emigre Has complex motives

United Kingdom
    The one which has good games. If both do than both ideally.

3. xist

Member xist ΚΑΤΑ ΤΟΝ ΔΑΙΜΟΝΑ ΕΑΥΤΟΥ

United Kingdom
    So you're comparing a console that's out and available vs one that could change or be updated at any point, may not see the light of day for ages thanks to the problems in Japan and has no concrete release date?

I vote for the Xbox handheld then.

4. Joe88

Member Joe88 [λ]

United States
    whats NGB?

5. Megane

Member Megane GBAtemp Regular

Canada
    This

Consoles aren't important....but games are.

6. Foxi4

Reporter Foxi4 On the hunt...

pip
    Poland
    This must be the 156th thread like this so far.

Don't choose. Buy both. Don't be a fanboy.

Each platform will get neat exclusives, "real" gamers don't confine themselves in the closet of a single manufacturer.

7. ShadowSoldier

Member ShadowSoldier GBAtemp Guru

Canada
    Just because you buy one and don't get the other doesn't mean you're a fanboy.

I'm going to wait years after NGP launches. No way I'm falling for that trap Sony had set up with the PSP again.

8. Foxi4

pip
    Poland
    How is the PSP a bad console? It has a decent library of games. Not as many as the DS, but there are plenty. And, with it's current low price, I'd say it's a good deal to get a refurbed one.

9. ShadowSoldier

Member ShadowSoldier GBAtemp Guru

Canada
    I mean the good games were so far apart. There was never any consistency. Don't get me wrong, I bought one. But after I played all the games I wanted to (dont make me come up with a list), the console was just for looks.

10. Foxi4

pip
    Poland
    I wouldn't make you come up with a list - I see no point in doing that. It was your PSP, I wouldn't mind if you flushed it down the toilet (although I would prefere if you donated it to MEEEE instead).

I just never sell consoles and I often find myself playing the oldies.

In fact, I sometimes buy the consoles I didn't have the chance to get when they were in their peak popularity just to "have them". The more the merrier.

Yes, there was no consistency, but whenever something cool came out, it always came with an "oumph".

It's also a far "stronger" console than the DS, so better homebrewz.

What hurt me the most was the lack of keyboard support (Except PSP-100x, later ones didn't get IR) and a touchscreen. On the other hand, the wide screen was quite neat for its time.

11. omgpwn666

Member omgpwn666 Guy gamer and proud!

United States
    Both, so I'm not voting. =>

12. RNorthex

Member RNorthex GBAtemp Fan

Hungary
    i'm sick of vs topics because u can already find about a million of it and ofc most of them has the same exact format: flames over 9000

i vote for lock/delete

anw, 3ds
    hate sony, never going to support it, no matter how good their console will be
    corrupt, failure, agressive and dunnowhat
    /flame on

13. Foxi4

pip
    Poland
    Yes. Because Nintendo doesn't have a history of lawsuits.

Clearly you know little about your beloved Ninny. Back in NES/SNES days they were the Suing Trolls. They even stole the patent for Tetris, never paid a penny for the game that wasn't even developed by them, but by a guy who unfortunatelly lived in Soviet Russia, so he couldn't really claim Tetris as "private intellectual property". Not only that, they nuked the release of his game for the NES to remain the sole Tetris supplier for their hardware. The game was ready and already in distribution and WHAM, they confiscate and destroy all carts, all in the name of law and order. They stole the Wiimotes too - a nearly exact same controller was being developed for the Sega Dreamcast. I could go on, but what for? You do that yourself.

Your lack of information amuses me. Every corporation is the same, every corporation is full of dicks.

14. awssk8er

Member awssk8er GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

United States
    The NGP doesn't have any gimmicks. It's just a new PSP with another analog stick, better power, the touch pads, and the optional 3G.

I give Sony credit for the touch pads. Personally, I wouldn't care for them, but at least Sony added something new.

But in the end, the ultimate decision comes down to the games, and that's where Nintendo always gets me.

Right now, the only game I have any interest in is Uncharted, and it's obviously not worth getting an NGP for that one game.

The 3DS has too many amazing games coming in my opinion, and will most likely be cheaper.

15. Sterling

Member Sterling GBAtemp's Silver Hero

United States
    1) What were they suing people about?

2) Whose fault was it for living in a known communist state?

3) Were those controllers ever released?

Also, some sources to back up your claims and show your information would be appreciated.

@Topic: It all comes down to price, games, availability, and features.

NGP will have 4 and 2 (2 only to a certain extent).

3DS from day one has 1 and 3. 2 and 4 will be here in the coming months.

Honestly, the 3DS is going to sell like hot cakes. Much better than the NGP will ever hope to sell like in the first few months. I'm not just saying that because I like Nintendo. I'm saying it because the NGP is going to have a huge price point, for the console and the games. Now they also have to get around the bad PR they've been giving themselves lately.

16. Nebz

Member Nebz The N00b

United States
    I'm a little lost on where this rant on lawsuits came from but it's none of my business anyway.... [​IMG]

I already know I won't be getting an NGP due to my experience with the PSP. I don't need another GPS, I don't need another MP3 player, and I sure as hell don't need a 4th device with a browser. The PSP had good games but they just didn't catch my attention nor did they interest me. I've gone through 2, because I lost/dropped my first on a city bus, and I've never had a system that collected so much dust.
    The DS on the other hand... It has always had games that caught my eye.
    Hell, I still haven't even finished a decent amount of games and there are still some more I'd like to check out.

tl;dr I already have my 3DS and don't intend to buy an NGP for the time being.

On a side note, I do agree that these "Sony vs. Nintendo vs. Microsoft" [or their consoles] topics do get kind of annoying and tend to be not so friendly after a bit... I'm surprised there's no super-large topic out there already with the sole purpose of arguing about which is better [​IMG]

17. Foxi4

pip
    Poland
    @Sterling Use google. Type in Dreamcast Prototype Motion Control. Or Tetris: The Soviet Mind Game NES (best Tetris for the console, I have it). It's not that hard, y'know.

Dreamcast died before the controler was released - the big heads at SEGA didn't want to CPR a dying console with a fatal disc protection flaw.

18. Sterling

United States
    Well, I don't have the time to google your claims. You want to start a debate, the least you could do is provide your sources. Since the DCast died, what was stopping Nintendo from using the idea? Sega? No, they didn't even release another console to take advantage of their tech. This goes doubly true since the controller never even saw the light of day, or the intimate touch of a sweaty nerd.

19. Foxi4

pip
    Poland
    You're forgetting about patent pending and simple human decensy.

I'm not saying what they did was wrong for the gamers, I'm saying that they're assholes just as much as Sony is. At the very least they could pay up for the idea for tetris and perhaps reward the inventors of the proto wiimote in some way, seeing as they were no longer employed.

I'm not stating a debate - this doesn't need a debate, it's a fact.

20. Sterling

United States
    Look, I really don't want to browse for sources for your claims, but don't claim it as fact if you won't provide something to back up your claims. Seriously. If I said that salt water was good to drink, would you believe me if I didn't back it up (that's if common sense didn't exist)? You also forget that a corporation isn't a charity case. SEGA pulled the plug on it's own project. Nintendo isn't obligated in any way to pay SEGA's employees for their fuckup. I'd be willing to bet, that some of those employees are now at Nintendo, and Nintendo probably paid SEGA for their patent if they used any of their tech.

Also the tetris thing is tragic, but what do you expect? Guy living in a Communist state, making money from a game (If he's even allowed to by his State)? Not only is that absurd in idea, but in practice, absolutely unreal.