NGP (PSP2) announced!

mangatic

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
wow just wow! touch screen eh? what an innovative way to play games.
and cartridges? wow sony, you make me surprised with every new(!) console you made.
and you named it Next Generation Portable, eh? it doesnt seem to be next generation though, cause Nintendo already DID IT!!
i bet it will be around 400USD at least..and its fucking huge..and launch titles, golf?

Jolan

Unlimited Bear Works
Trophies
Website
www.animecubed.com
XP
Country
mangatic said:
and cartridges? wow sony, you make me surprised with every new(!) console you made.
and you named it Next Generation Portable, eh? it doesnt seem to be next generation though, cause Nintendo already DID IT!!
i bet it will be around 400USD at least..and its fucking huge..and launch titles, golf?
Try not to use arguments that can be used against yourself when you attempt to flame something
biggrin.gif
Just a tip.

Joe88

[λ]
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
mangatic said:
obvious troll is obvious

try harder next time

Sterling

GBAtemp's Silver Hero
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Jolan said:
mangatic said:
Try not to use arguments that can be used against yourself when you attempt to flame something
biggrin.gif
Just a tip.
Has Sony even used removable flash media as primary game storage? No, I didn't think so. It's a step back for them.

chartube12

Captain Chaz 86
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If you have 999.99 plus 6% for sales tax laying around, you can already pre-order the NGP at gamestop.com

No sarcasm, that's the estamated price.

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Wow 3G it's so ........ well pointless, for me anyway, there just going to charge for it and what can we use it for, playing laggy online games when were out? Searching the web? Millions of other devices can do this, lots of people these days have smart phones that do it.

And Portables are meant to be portable so you can actually say fit in your pocket and play on the go? And I can assure everyone the battery life on this will be terrible with higher end games

In short they just want a PS3 with a battery? Pointless in my opinion, at least Nintendo have kept it portable and added something different ( unique? ) and exciting

Rock Raiyu

Clock Up
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yoshida said it wouldn't exceed $599.

Danny600kill said:
Wow 3G it's so ........ well pointless, for me anyway, there just going to charge for it and what can we use it for, playing laggy online games when were out? Searching the web? Millions of other devices can do this, lots of people these days have smart phones that do it.

And Portables are meant to be portable so you can actually say fit in your pocket and play on the go? And I can assure everyone the battery life on this will be terrible with higher end games

In short they just want a PS3 with a battery? Pointless in my opinion, at least Nintendo have kept it portable and added something different ( unique? ) and exciting
You have a weird way of defining a portable
laugh.gif
By your definition, a laptop isn't a portable computer.

Guild McCommunist

(not on boat)
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Danny600kill said:

3G isn't meant for online gaming on-the-go, but it'll be nice to be able to still check leaderboards, update your trophy status in real time, send messages back and forth from your PSN friends, etc.

It'll be portable. And battery life is, according to Sony, "about the same as the PSP", which can range from a couple of hours to 10 hours, depending on what you're doing.

What makes 3D more exciting than better graphics? It adds no gameplay advantage (outside of halving your framerate) and is basically just a graphics enhancer... Like getting better graphics. I don't really care if a system does little in its successor than better the graphics and controls. As long as it gets good games then I don't really care.

tijntje_7

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
599!? XD
That's extremely overpriced imo. I didn't expect it to be cheap because it's sony.. but 599? (okay, it's a max, but seriously since it wouldn't exceed that price... I expect it to be 550?)

But really.. the specs on that thing are SICK.
There aren't even tablets with that kind of specs (except for the custom tablet with the i5 and 4GB ddr3 ram and stuff I don't remember
tongue.gif
)
And sony comes with this..
Seriously? Those games will look like ps3 quality..
I want one... But I don't have the money for one x[. Heck I don't even have enough money for a 3ds.
(though I just bought a new pc
biggrin.gif
)

Guild McCommunist

(not on boat)
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
tijntje_7 said:
599!? XD
That's extremely overpriced imo. I didn't expect it to be cheap because it's sony.. but 599? (okay, it's a max, but seriously since it wouldn't exceed that price... I expect it to be 550?)

I swear, the literacy rate here is dropping. People see "599" and go "OMG THATS THE PRICE". He said it wouldn't exceed that and that'd it'd be affordable. I'll guess around $300 myself, as they have reported that they'll probably be losing a profit on its production cost.

Law

rip ninjacat that zarcon made me
Trophies
Website
www.twitch.tv
XP
Country
Guild McCommunist said:
tijntje_7 said:
599!? XD

I swear, the literacy rate here is dropping. People see "599" and go "OMG THATS THE PRICE". He said it wouldn't exceed that and that'd it'd be affordable. I'll guess around $300 myself, as they have reported that they'll probably be losing a profit on its production cost.

You set the literacy curve for this place.

And that isn't saying much.

edit: what I'm trying to say is, they've always been this low.

Rock Raiyu

Clock Up
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Guild McCommunist said:
tijntje_7 said:
599!? XD

I can agree.

Also, there will be multiple SKU's apparently. One with Wifi, and another with both. So that's probably $300-350 right there. That's affordable.

ferret7463

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It's kinda reminding me of the GameGear in size. I think i'll stick with the 3DS it's more portable and better supported.

UpDate: the Gamegear's Length was 209mm
PSP2 Length:182mm

Hop2089

Cute>Hot
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
chartube12 said:
If you have 999.99 plus 6% for sales tax laying around, you can already pre-order the NGP at gamestop.com

No sarcasm, that's the estamated price.

Oh hell no, I'm not paying $1000 for that, better drop it to $600-$700.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: Weird I have been playing MSU enhanced Genesis games for a while now lol