Next R4 Kernel coming soon!

TLSpartan

Kills threads
Trophies
XP
Country
I am very very doubtful about SDHC support as well. If they can pull it off though ...
unsure.gif

OSW

Wii King
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
why write when these people expressed my thoughts in order.

Holy shit, if the SDHC support is true that will be amazing (and a kick in the shins for the Supercard SDHC, heh).

To have SDHC support, they're going to HAVE to flash the chip in the R4. How can you have it in just a loader when it currently can't read an SDHC card?

QUOTE(Lee79 @ Oct 8 2007, 09:29 PM)This is great news if they pull it off. October has been a great month so far this will be the cherry on the top.
They could have added SDHC to the new R4's in the redesign as the PCB is different if you look at the photo's. Which would mean owners of the old one would be out of luck with sdhc. I just hope not. (This is not fact just my thoughts)
R4 images

shaunj66

GBAtemp Administrator
Administrator
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United Kingdom
So after this, what advantages will the CycloDS have over the R4?
Off the top of my head. An in-game menu with brightness adjustment, 3 level slow-motion, contrary to opinion; a nicer GUI, integrated multi-language OS, and direct support for EZ-3in1 pack support.

And no. I'm no fan-boy. These are just the facts.

Evilkoko

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This is awesome news, even though I barely have time to play my DS now. Not one single regret to purchasing the R4, single greatest purchase in my life
wub.gif

shane1972

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country

Off the top of my head. An in-game menu with brightness adjustment, 3 level slow-motion, contrary to opinion; a nicer GUI, integrated multi-language OS, and direct support for EZ-3in1 pack support.

At Least with the r4 you dont need a pocket knife to get the micro sd card out.
The Cyclo Ds Evo has the worst possible card slot of any card on the market.
The r4 team have done an amazing job with the new case now we just need an awesome loader update with a nicer gui but hey it does the job.

Cheers Shane

cubin'

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country

Awesome, that means it doesn't have anything substantially better than the R4
laugh.gif
The cycloDS kids can finally get off their high horse (not you shaun)

"so will now all kiddies stop whining now with the R4 is dead, the R4 sucks etc..?"

I really hope so. All we need now is a nice gui and the kids that got the cyclo will have wasted all that money for nothing
tongue.gif
(well I guess the few features the cyclo has over the R4 might be worth it for someone) and don't get me wrong the CycloDS is a nice card, I just don't see the point in getting one if your old card can do basically the same things

adgloride

Its A Wii Wario
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I hope the SDHC is for all the R4 cards. I have the old one. If it is for all the R4 cards, the R4 will have kept its crown as the best slot 1 device.

robi

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
France
Even if it's just the newer ones, it's not like they are depriving you of a feature that was promised when you bought the unit. It's just nice to see that they support their old customers.

Maybe I'm just used to the DS-X team...

bangchikipupu

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
any experts would like to share if this is possible? sdhc support tru software update?

btw i know if i buy sdhc card today there will be micro sd card reader included but is it possible that current card readers can support sdhc flash memory too?

Costello

Headmaster
OP
Administrator
Trophies
XP
Just one little thing:

I asked them for more details about SDHC: "is this going to be a firmware update or a new product?"
and I was answered "should be firmware".

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    cearp @ cearp: Welcome hazbeans