Gaming Next Pokémon remakes?

VMM

Hamon > Stand
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Since the last games to feature 1st gen were FR and LG I wouldn't be surprised if we had yet another 1st gen remake.
Maybe something like that:

Pokemon X and Y -> Pokemon Ruby and Saphire -> Pokemon XZ and YZ -> Pokemon ThunderYellow

Fishaman P

Speedrunner
Trophies
Website
twitch.tv
XP
Country
United States
Unfortunately, I've given up on Gen 3 remakes, even though Emerald is my favorite game in the series.

FireRed, LeafGreen, HeartGold, and SoulSilver were created because you couldn't trade or migrate Pokémon up to the current generation from the originals. With R/S/E/Colo/XD, you can transfer your Pokémon up to the current gen, 1 game at a time.

porkiewpyne

Report-er
Supervisor
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Unfortunately, I've given up on Gen 3 remakes, even though Emerald is my favorite game in the series.

FireRed, LeafGreen, HeartGold, and SoulSilver were created because you couldn't trade or migrate Pokémon up to the current generation from the originals. With R/S/E/Colo/XD, you can transfer your Pokémon up to the current gen, 1 game at a time.
No man. GOTTA BELIEVE. Saving best for last ;O;

Conspiracy theory tiem: X & Y were teh experiments to test the transitioning. Just polish a few more things and voila!

Okay, I think I really need sleep O___o

RukaRoaw

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Moar delicious trumpets! Honestly, with all the R/S/E references in X and Y, I would not be surprised if Nintendo was already working on Gen 3 remakes. Gen 3 is my favorite generation! I guess I over played gen 1 as a kid because now I cannot stand it! I hate hate hate generation 1! (Not the pokemon, just the game world and story. Still love Lavender Town.)

Harsky

Madmin
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Off topic but I've tried replaying the old Gameboy Pokemon Red and it's definately not aged great. Maybe I've been spoiled by X and Y but the following complaints are:

No move summary (you didn't know Solar Beam is only 5 PP and takes two turns? TOO BAD. SHOULD'VE BOUGHT THE GUIDE)
Two speeds. Slow walking or biking speed.
Leveling underleveled Pokemon is much slower and grinding especially when the EXP share item is the worst in telling you which Pokemon gets which EXP in detail.
TMs only used once

So would I buy Pokemon Red/Blue if it came out on VC? Probably not. Fire Red and Leaf Green would be better IMO.

Reactions: MushGuy

Guild McCommunist

(not on boat)
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Since the last games to feature 1st gen were FR and LG I wouldn't be surprised if we had yet another 1st gen remake.
Maybe something like that:

Pokemon X and Y -> Pokemon Ruby and Saphire -> Pokemon XZ and YZ -> Pokemon ThunderYellow

Really no need for a Gen I remake with all the boring fan-pandering in X/Y. Every legendary Pokemon is available for capture (minus Mew but you'll get some dumb event thing soon enough don't worry). It'll just be Gen III since their legendaries are now officially a pain in the ass to get while everything else (Gen II, IV, and V) has a DS game to transfer through Pokemon Bank.

Osha

Weh
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Really no need for a Gen I remake with all the boring fan-pandering in X/Y. Every legendary Pokemon is available for capture (minus Mew but you'll get some dumb event thing soon enough don't worry). It'll just be Gen III since their legendaries are now officially a pain in the ass to get while everything else (Gen II, IV, and V) has a DS game to transfer through Pokemon Bank.

Arguably, you can get the Regi in Platinum or B/W2, the Eons in HG/SS or B/W2 and the weather trio in HG/SS, so they're not that difficult to get. But yeah, gen 3 seriously need a remake, they're outdated.

Arras

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Arguably, you can get the Regi in Platinum or B/W2, the Eons in HG/SS or B/W2 and the weather trio in HG/SS, so they're not that difficult to get. But yeah, gen 3 seriously need a remake, they're outdated.
That still leaves you with Jirachi and Deoxys though.

Reactions: porkiewpyne

Arras

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
They're events, they were never meant to be caught by normal means. Also we got events for both on the DS games.
Oh, I didn't really keep up on those. Still, as long as you have Pokemon Channel you can get Jirachi without an event in Gen 3.

Osha

Weh
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Oh, I didn't really keep up on those. Still, as long as you have Pokemon Channel you can get Jirachi without an event in Gen 3.

Still technically an event. But it's still a pain in the ass having to finish the game, get a GBA-GC cable, transfer the Pokémon to R/S specifically (because I believe FR/LG and Emerald aren't compatible), transfer to D/P/Pt, THEN transfer to B/W and FINALLY use Pokémon Bank when you can get a clone of the legit DS event on Pokécheck.

Arras

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Still technically an event. But it's still a pain in the ass having to finish the game, get a GBA-GC cable, transfer the Pokémon to R/S specifically (because I believe FR/LG and Emerald aren't compatible), transfer to D/P/Pt, THEN transfer to B/W and FINALLY use Pokémon Bank when you can get a clone of the legit DS event on Pokécheck.
Which is why it should be included in an RSE remake IMO :P It's possible to get legit whenever but it's a pain in the ass.

D

Deleted User

fr/lg are able to trade with emerald but you need to finish the game and get the ruby and sapphire stone :D

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: See ya see ya later later