Next Layton in Europe within months

twisteddeeds

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
I'm a big fan of Layton this is good news:

(from eurogamer)

Developer Level-5 is busy localising the second Professor Layton DS adventure for North America and Europe, and boss Akihiro Hino hopes to release within six months.

He also told a GDC audience he wants every other Professor Layton game to head West, according to MTV Multiplayer).

That will include all three Japan-released instalments - The Curious Village, The Diabolical Box, The Final Time Journey - plus the upcoming fourth game, The Devil's Flute.

Professor Layton and the Diabolical Box (aka the Devil's Box, Pandora's Box, the Demon's Box - we're checking the official title) rejoins the titular professor and young apprentice Luke as they journey to see Layton's mentor about a mysterious box.

Japan has been playing this second instalment since November 2007, and the game has proven to be every bit as special as the Curious Village.

found a little more info Source

In fact, it seems that the second game in the series, now titled Professor Layton and the Diabolical Box, is being localized as we speak. Hino said that he hopes it will be out in six months, with the remaining games in the series to follow every six months after that.

Both Diabolical Box and the first trilogy finale, The Last Time Travel, have seen release in Japan. On March 11, a new entry titled The Devil's Flute was announced, which appears to kick off an entirely new trilogy. With Professor Layton media steadily expanding and a feature film in the works, it's perhaps not so surprising that the remaining Layton games would eventually make it over to the west.

@war this ones for you
wink.gif

joystiq

found another source

Ruri

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm glad they changed the name. Pandora's Box just sounded odd, since I'm pretty sure it didn't actually have anything to do with the myth.

Goshogun1

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yes! Nintendo made my day with this news. I am playing Dark Cloud 2 right now, and I must say that Level 5 makes some damn good games. They have some great quality-control, and style. Anyway, I had better finish up Layton 1 before the sequels come out.

War

Take it easy~
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
cupajoe said:
It's big news, but it was obviously coming. I mean, who seriously didn't expect it?
I don't think that people didn't know it was coming, it's just that we didn't know WHEN it was coming. The series kept truckin' on in Japan, but Europe and NA were still on the first game.

Schaapje82

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Great! Was waiting for this. Since the EU-version of the first game came out not so long ago all my friends with ds's recently discovered the game while I already finished the US-version. So while they were having fun playing it, I could only wait for the second game... (Good thing Rittai Picross came along).

Woohoo!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: See ya see ya later later