Next Genshin Impact update delayed indefinitely

FRbjpXyUcAEMSvo.jpg

Popular free-to-play RPG Genshin Impact announced on Twitter it would be delaying its next update, version 2.7, for an unspecified amount of time. The Tweet made no mention of when we can expect more news on the update, but did ask players to "stay tuned" for more information coming soon. It also made reference to compensation, which might imply that players can expect some reward in exchange for the extra wait to get the latest update. While this is the first time Genshin Impact has had a full update delayed, they have previously provided players with free in-game currency after server outages.

While developer miHoYo made no mention of the reason for the delay, Shanghai, where they are located, is currently in its fifth week of COVID-19-related lockdowns. Many commenters suspect this is the reason for the delay, pointing to a thread about the difficulties of securing food in Shanghai right now.

GothicIII

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
its the fact you have to but in easily 600$ to even be able to play the game at a decent pace have multiple accounts to do manipulation and still not have access to the RNG lotto stuff they lock down behind a monthly model. the game is as free to play as a full time 40hr job is free.
What are you talking about? You can literally play the game for free and play through all the content the game has to offer without pulling a single time. You can get through the game in one play session if you wanted to. Other gacha games require months of grinding to get through the game.

I don't get where the hate comes from. It is a good game and not the standard gacha game where you have to pull to push through the game.
Pulling will just get you to endgame faster and since there is no endgame content you'll stuck with farming artefacts or upgrade materials.
The game has no leaderboard or pvp modes so there is no need to min-max everything.
I don't know any other f2p game which offers so much in terms of high quality gameplay.

The lore and exploration is completely free and this is the most fun part of the game.

Dr_Faustus

Resident Robot Hoarder
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Lol where is all the hate coming from? It is a good game for what it is, the Story quests, music and world are better than in many full price games.
People like to hate something that's popular, its the definition of counter culture. Regardless if the reasons make any sense or not.

Personally I can give two shits about this game, or a lot of games really. If you enjoy it, then enjoy it, if not then don't. A pissing contest this needs not to be, but you can bet people with more free time on their hands than sense will always inject their opinions and hate. That is the nature of the internet.

People are locked into their homes and I've heard the Shanghai officials have been throwing out food donations and residents are being underfed. Basically a regionwide prison.
Supposedly they were not even giving people food donations there until some of the older crowd in these areas started threatening the groups enforcing the lockdown with hexes/curses upon them and their families for trying to starve them to death. Once that started happening the groups started donating food to those in the lockdown supposedly in fear of those hexes being real.

Chinese culture is an odd thing, but I have to give respect to the older folk stuck in this mess that went balls out to scare the shit out of the government groups controlling the situation. Hopefully they are doing better from it.

Reactions: Cris1997XX and Cyan

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
The characters provided for free and easy to pull ones are weak enough the mid story content can be hard.
Oh, I played only the first chapter, to discover the game. I don't know how difficult the balance is later in the game.

its the fact you have to but in easily 600$ to even be able to play the game at a decent pace
"decent pace" is relative. It's only up to you to decide how much time and effort you want to spend in a game. if you want to feel as god without any challenge, that's understandable that you want to obtain better item/characters early in the story.
There are games which required a LOT of grinding, and they don't have Gatcha. grinding and "slow pacing" doesn't force you to pay. it's up to your own play style to decide if you really want to play that game or not. There are other games if you feel the difficulty in that one is not properly balanced.

also hardly any engaging end game content.
Did you just describe 99% of existing games ?
Like ... "there's nothing else to do once you did everything.... so booooriiiiiing"

I'm neither defending or criticizing the game itself, or its difficulty/gatcha system, I just feel people are crying over something obvious like they weren't aware of it.
I enjoyed what I saw when I played the game, and for the time I invested in it. I don't get stuck in a game if I don't like it or enjoy it anymore, and just play something else. People are free to like or not, to want to try, to discover, and play the way they want (paying or not).

Reactions: nryn99

Cris1997XX

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Supposedly they were not even giving people food donations there until some of the older crowd in these areas started threatening the groups enforcing the lockdown with hexes/curses upon them and their families for trying to starve them to death. Once that started happening the groups started donating food to those in the lockdown supposedly in fear of those hexes being real.

Chinese culture is an odd thing, but I have to give respect to the older folk stuck in this mess that went balls out to scare the shit out of the government groups controlling the situation. Hopefully they are doing better from it.
CCP: I fear no man, but that thing...
*Points at Chinese elders*
CCP: It scares me

• Haha
Reactions: Dr_Faustus

ClickCLK

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Serbia, Republic of
To be honest, Mihoyo did a really good job with the updates until now, they were sticking to a 'big update every 1.5 months" schedule since the game's release in september 2020. this is the first time they have a delay like that, and even now its because of problems which are out of company's control.

porkiewpyne

Report-er
Supervisor
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Oh, I played only the first chapter, to discover the game. I don't know how difficult the balance is later in the game.
From the perspective of a player who hasn't put a single dime in, I'd say it really isn't.

We've had content creators like Enviosity beat the Spiral Abyss, the "end game" of sorts using the free characters. Sure it may be a tad tougher with the current iteration but almost every character will get their turn to shine or get gutted depending on the flavour of the fortnight. Outside that Battle Tower-esque portion of the game which isn't mandatory for progression, there really isn't any content in the game that should pose too much of a challenge so long as the players do not run it down like a braindead monkey. At that point, the gatekeeper isn't the lack of gacha-exclusive characters but player skill and/or knowledge.

But Guacaholey's assertion that free/easy-to-pull characters = bad is an absolute meme at best. Contender for Clown Take of the Year. The National Team was one of the best teams around that could clear SA for the longest time. The components? Xiangling, free 4*. Xingqiu, 4*. Bennett, the most coveted 4* support that still outshines many newer, gacha 4* AND 5* supports. Chongyun, 4* is the only one to get replaced by Raiden Shogun to form the Raiden National/Rational team. All 4* aka "easy-to-pull" characters.

Reactions: Cyan

nryn99

desu~
Trophies
XP
Country
Philippines
Didn't know here was interest for Genshin Impact in the temp.

It was a fun game, great if you're good with analyzing mechanics and not simply button mashing. I go with noelle and fischl since they're both easy to use.

I'm not sure if some people here understand what the "gatcha" aspect of the game is aside from getting better characters.
You simply collect characters you like and play with them. Then comes the RPG part where you min max artifacts so you can get to see them beat bosses easier or get big pp damage.

I spent at most $20-$30 for this game and got more than my money's worth. I have several 5* characters and weapons.

This also isn't a game where you simply rush to the end because you will get bored fast! The rest of your time until the next update would just be daily grinding. I've done it. It takes only a couple of hrs each day which apparently many complain about. It wasn't really meant to be played as an mmo in the first place.

This, 100%
Just quit if you don't like it, no need to keep slandering something someone else enjoys.
I don't get stuck in a game if I don't like it or enjoy it anymore, and just play something else. People are free to like or not, to want to try, to discover, and play the way they want (paying or not).

ehe.

Reactions: Cyan and Cris1997XX

ZeroHunta

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Wow people are really salty about the HUGE success of the game, lol.

The game is easy and you don't need ANY premium characters to beat the story or the current endgame.
Some 4* stars characters are broken and the best support characters even better than some 5* characters.

The worst thing of the game isn't the gacha is the artifacts farming, the rng is worst than Monster hunter talisman farming...

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @Psionic Roshambo, on that android PC? +1