Next Genshin Impact update delayed indefinitely

FRbjpXyUcAEMSvo.jpg

Popular free-to-play RPG Genshin Impact announced on Twitter it would be delaying its next update, version 2.7, for an unspecified amount of time. The Tweet made no mention of when we can expect more news on the update, but did ask players to "stay tuned" for more information coming soon. It also made reference to compensation, which might imply that players can expect some reward in exchange for the extra wait to get the latest update. While this is the first time Genshin Impact has had a full update delayed, they have previously provided players with free in-game currency after server outages.

While developer miHoYo made no mention of the reason for the delay, Shanghai, where they are located, is currently in its fifth week of COVID-19-related lockdowns. Many commenters suspect this is the reason for the delay, pointing to a thread about the difficulties of securing food in Shanghai right now.

AndorfRequissa

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
gatcha cash grab games never do what they say they are going to do and run as soon as the money dries up. dont ever play so called "free 2 play" cash grabs is the lesson all should learn. any developer of a gatcha game is evil and isnt trying to develop a fun game. they are trying to manipulate you into buying microtransactions. if only game developers stopped being evil and focused on entertainment rather than manipulating the emotions of lemmings to get them to open their wallets.

Hayato213

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
considering they still to this day have not actually released the switch version they said was comming ages ago I'm not suprised they can't even do an update for the existing versions
they should delay this garbage gacha piece of shit gambling game indefinitely!

Seriously what you expect when the city have a lockdown, be patient.

Brawl345

Trophies
Website
wiidatabase.de
XP
Country
Germany
gatcha cash grab games never do what they say they are going to do and run as soon as the money dries up. dont ever play so called "free 2 play" cash grabs is the lesson all should learn. any developer of a gatcha game is evil and isnt trying to develop a fun game. they are trying to manipulate you into buying microtransactions. if only game developers stopped being evil and focused on entertainment rather than manipulating the emotions of lemmings to get them to open their wallets.
you seem upset about a game you haven't even played.
Do you know that e.g. Shanghai is currently in lockdown?

Reactions: Raylight

jt_1258

Ella
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Seriously what you expect when the city have a lockdown, be patient.
it came out nearly 2 years ago. the assets already exist too. clearly they just threw it out there for attention and didn't actually plan to do it. lock down or not

Reactions: Snintendog

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Or you could just enjoy the game without falling for the gatcha. Just enjoy free game as long as it last, and don't act like you own it and they owe you everything. Of course, people who spent money in it... they will see that differently.
I played it (chapter1, no idea with latter chapters), and never had to buy anything with real money. you win enough, or even too much, you can play without spending anything.
if you want to get all the latest useless goodies in all flavors and colors, that's your own fault. Expect the game to end one day! it won't last 50 years to please you because you put money in it.

edit:
I played Path of exile (free 2 play) up to the end of the story, and THEN I put some money in it. I paid for unlocked things for as much I thought the game was worth, like if I bought the game 30$ (far less than a full AAA game nowadays). I didn't spent more money in it than I wanted to invest in. Just be reasonable, and only give as much money you are willing to spend. keep control to what you buy, try to not fall for psychological tactics.

Last edited by Cyan,

_v3

Trophies
XP
Country
Croatia
Is the China's Gatcha Clone Gambling game finnally dead?

If by dead you mean making half a B$ from a character that has already been released 6 months prior that pulls a sword from her breasts, then yes, I'd say the game has reached it's peak and it's only down from here.

Last edited by _v3,
  • Haha
Reactions: Raylight

ZeroFX

why?
Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
Maybe do not pay them at all is a viable option, isn't it? Just playing with cute girls without investing any single $$$.
At least them cute waifus are a nice r34 or mod material, every game should be like that, period. The game was kinda fun i spent some 20h+ on it at launch but just knowing all the gacha bs around it makes me not want to even considerate it anymore. I prefer paying for games before playing them not after or while.
Shout out to my follower @Stone_Wings who misquote this because got too hurt in the butt.

Last edited by ZeroFX,
Reactions: mathew77

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: empty chat