Wuschmaster

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
So, did everyone get the Wii News Channel yet?
I recently got it and it's pretty cool.
biggrin.gif

newspt5.jpg

amazoncd

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Got it today (friday)

Worldwide, news updates will be provided by the local AP. In Japan however it is powered by "goo" and seems to be in Japanese only. While other Wiis can access muti-language news. Cool.

dial

MMMMMike

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
vlog.mikemoon.net
XP
Country
Canada
According to Joystiq the Wii News Channel will go live this Saturday. The Associated Press is to provide headlines for the next 2 years and the channel will utilize the Wii Opera Browser. It will be a free download!

Mike

adgloride

Its A Wii Wario
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I downloaded it just now. I got a message saying that the news channel was ready to download. It is easy to use and has some nice touches but its a bit too basic. It does show a few pictures but I would like video clips of the news articles. I do like that it shows a map of the country and the place where the news article is from.

Opium

PogoShell it to me ™
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Australia
I'm loving the channel so far, it's great how they set it all out! Very nice!

The only bad thing is the lack of Australian news. No regional news so far and only 2 Australian headlines. But it just launched lets see what happens over the next few days.

As a journalist I'm very happy to see Nintendo supporting something as important as news. Perhaps more kids out there with Wiis will become more aware of the importance of news. I mean it's right there on their game console.

Good stuff smile.gif Very classy, well thought out channel, I'll be using this. Just keep those Australian stories coming!

Renegade_R

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
What I would love would be a basic Music Channel that can play MP3s and WMAs so I can stream it to my receiver and use the Wiimote as a track control...but yeah this is pretty cool.

adgloride

Its A Wii Wario
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
What I would love would be a basic Music Channel that can play MP3s and WMAs so I can stream it to my receiver and use the Wiimote as a track control...but yeah this is pretty cool.

It would have been a good idea for nintend to jump on the media centre bandwagon. They could have let us play DVDs on the wii, they said it was because of licensing costs. The license only costs £10 and with the xbox 360 and wii trying to push the new formats they may have got it even cheaper. Being able to stream xvid and other video formats would have also been a great idea. Microsoft and Sony are trying to push their own silly video formats that no one uses.

Hitto

MKDS Tournament Winner
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
France
I'm very impressed by the news channel. As always, the music is great, the possibility to zoom in on the world's regions is fabulous, just wish there were more feeds...

I frankly thought "wtf, internet channel + google news is enough for ANYONE", but they really managed to surprise me in a good way.

EDIT : try pressing 1 or 2 while browsing the news, makes two different sounds, yet no other functionality is attached...

directive0

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I love it! I was late to work today just so I could perform the update and check it out. Really cool!

I agree with ^hitto, it would be nice to change feeds etc.

Sick Wario

Club Nintendo
Trophies
XP
Country
news channel is pretty cool to show off to ps3/x360 owners but will never replace google news etc
still the globe view is part of the news channel which is beautiful!

WildCard

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I really like it. Considering I don't ever watch TV or the news...this is the closest I'll get. Nintendo is actually informing/educating gamers who may otherwise never be. Its great! I love the slide show...I look on screen and random headline: "Nude Jogger Startles Hikers and Bikers" HAHAHA

blueraja

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The news channel is nice if basic...but its new it will only get better. I would really like to see them add an RSS channel it would be cool to get headlines like the news channel from the websites you choose.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • realtimesave @ realtimesave:
    I tried to get a slim on a black friday once, but they ran out of stock for the $100 one
  • realtimesave @ realtimesave:
    many ages ago
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    You can find them $50-75 nowdays if catch a deal
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Still remember grabbing this ps4 slim on black Friday for $200 when the msrp was still around 300
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I went to auction at a mom/pops video game store few months ago that was closing, and bought 11 slims for $200, 1 was DOA but 10 work fine. so hella deal. Already rgh3'ed 8 of them. But most younger kids don't even want anymore, unless it plays stupid "fortnight", or newer shit.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Think I'm gonna use my giftcard balance on a nice pair of headphones but $100 is still limited
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Soundcore q30s are nice but they leak so much sound it sounds like speakers
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Ken spend the 100 on a gun and skii mask, wait for a jogger at the park jewelry money and headphones!
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    If only Amazon sold guns
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Fucking dick heads think it's a bad idea to get a gun 2 days later
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Wait, I thought you were the dickhe...nvm
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I got balls on my chin and two dicks on my forehead sir
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Sorry, no offense there double dickhead chinballs.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Chicks still love it
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    "Mommy, look, what is that?". "That's your soon to be daddy."
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    That you'll only see once
    +2
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Double dickhead chinballs is still better than double dickhead eyeballs.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    As in, the balls will grow in your eye sockets.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I paid 5 grand to get them moved to my chin
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    This you?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    My hair can't be that cool
    Sonic Angel Knight @ Sonic Angel Knight: JOE! :P