Hacking Newest Switch Model

Prior22

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm likely going to get a Switch soon, possibly around Black Friday. Since the newest switch models aren't capable of running the SX pro dongle what is the easiest way to run backups (ideally with a method that doesn't require soldiering). Thanks.

pcwizard7

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
I'm likely going to get a Switch soon, possibly around Black Friday. Since the newest switch models aren't capable of running the SX pro dongle what is the easiest way to run backups (ideally with a method that doesn't require soldiering). Thanks.

i would go on ebay and check if the serial number is on the listings and if not ask the seller to check for at least the first 6 six digits of the serial number. I found one after asking 4 sellers

serial checker
https://ismyswitchpatched.com/

there's a free way or paid way. the paid way is more seemly i.e mount the backup instead of installing them and mount backup from external hdd (so u could have ton of games on hdd for dock mode or portable if u have an usb adapter

Google search or any stores u know that sell game mods for sxos pro or sxos os. you can get a better dongle as the one that comes with sxos pro package as it only loads the sxos cfw payload

i can't link anything sxos here but here's a look at a better dongle to make loading your payloads easier

https://www.xkit.xyz/rcmloader/

Last edited by pcwizard7,
Reactions: Prior22

Prior22

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i would go on ebay and check if the serial number is on the listings and if not ask the seller to check for at least the first 6 six digits of the serial number. I found one after asking 4 sellers

serial checker
https://ismyswitchpatched.com/

there's a free way or paid way. the paid way is more seemly i.e mount the backup instead of installing them and mount backup from external hdd (so u could have ton of games on hdd for dock mode or portable if u have an usb adapter

Google search or any stores u know that sell game mods for sxos pro or sxos os. you can get a better dongle as the one that comes with sxos pro package as it only loads the sxos cfw payload

i can't link anything sxos here but here's a look at a better dongle to make loading your payloads easier

https://www.xkit.xyz/rcmloader/

So if I buy a Switch that isn't patched are these dongles future proof for upcoming releases? Also does the dongle run in one USB port, and the external USB drive in another?

pcwizard7

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
So if I buy a Switch that isn't patched are these dongles future proof for upcoming releases? Also does the dongle run in one USB port, and the external USB drive in another?

1. if the switch isn't patched its future proof for upcoming firmware
2. the dongle plug into the usb c port and it only needs to be plugged in to boot the device after that u can take it out
3. if you wanted to plug an external hdd in the portable mode you can use a usb a to c adapter and the switch dock has 3 usb ports (2 in front and one in back) i d plug the hdd in the back one since its usb 3.0

Prior22

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
1. if the switch isn't patched its future proof for upcoming firmware
2. the dongle plug into the usb c port and it only needs to be plugged in to boot the device after that u can take it out
3. if you wanted to plug an external hdd in the portable mode you can use a usb a to c adapter and the switch dock has 3 usb ports (2 in front and one in back) i d plug the hdd in the back one since its usb 3.0

Is the sequence needed to boot to CFW easy to execute? Also would I be able to plug and run games from a usb drive via the dock?

BlackTSQ

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Austria
Is the sequence needed to boot to CFW easy to execute? Also would I be able to plug and run games from a usb drive via the dock?

Once you have everything set up booting CFW only needs you to plugin the dongle and turn on the console. USB Rom loading is only possible with SXOS at the moment.

Prior22

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Once you have everything set up booting CFW only needs you to plugin the dongle and turn on the console. USB Rom loading is only possible with SXOS at the moment.

So an sx pro could handle usb loading? With all other non-Xecuter options only being able to load via sd card?

BlackTSQ

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Austria
So an sx pro could handle usb loading? With all other non-Xecuter options only being able to load via sd card?

All CFWs can install NSPs which is pretty much the same as when you install a game from the E-Shop. SXOS is the only firmware that supports .XCI (cartridge format) loading and those XCIs can also be loaded from an external USB drive.

Prior22

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
All CFWs can install NSPs which is pretty much the same as when you install a game from the E-Shop. SXOS is the only firmware that supports .XCI (cartridge format) loading and those XCIs can also be loaded from an external USB drive.

Since the security flaw is with the switch hardware, and not firmware, am I correct in assuming that the switch firmware can continue to be updated?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/@legolambs