Fluto

A potato in disguise
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
im going to get a
yaypsp.gif
psp 3000 soon ,what is the newest or best hack to play iso ?
also steps would be great
im a psp noob only
also offtopic but what does * to flash * mean ?
moogle.gif

rithsv

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
rithsv.net
XP
Country
Depends what firmware PSP it is. Anything over 5.03 means no hack. If it is 5.03, the only way is Custom Firmware Enabler / ChickHEN.

To flash means to, well, flash. Basically change the flash of the PSP so you can install CFW and stuff.

Let us know what firmware it is when you get it.

wolffangalchemist

This is bat country!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
mezut360 said:
im going to get a
yaypsp.gif
psp 3000 soon ,what is the newest or best hack to play iso ?
also steps would be great
im a psp noob only
also offtopic but what does * to flash * mean ?
moogle.gif
you might what to get a used psp 1000 or 2000 since all psp 1000 are permanently hackable a most older 2000 models are as well.
your best bet would be a 1000 as all 3000's and most current new 2000's are only temporarily hackable via ChickHEN / Custom Firware Loader and that's only if the firmware is 5.03 as stated above, any higher and you will NOT be able to hack it with any currently available means.

rithsv

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
rithsv.net
XP
Country
Yep, thanks for mentioning that.
I think its worth getting a used PSP if you want to hack it. Judging by your post, I'd say you're not gonna plan on doing much playing with UMD's so getting a used 1000 or 2000 (if you can check the firmware/MB first) may be a better option for you.

wolffangalchemist

This is bat country!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
mezut360 said:
dO you think that the current selling psp 3000 is Over 5.05 ?
Most likely yes, but there is no way to tell for sure.
If you haven't already payed for it you should get a used 1000 or used early model 2000.
trust me things like IRShell are wicked fun i could spend hours messing with my tv's and other devices that use remotes, i've heard you can even use it with older wireless game controlers that use Infered(psp as nes controler anyone?).

Evilmaster1985

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hehe true Irshell do is fun.

I own two PSP 100x myself sometimes I feel like getting a 200x or 300x.

Dont know why perhaps Iam just hardware addicted, but I like the weight and the shiney look of the slims.
IMO the ultimate hacked PSP you can have is: 200x fully hackable.

Not that I feel sorry for getting two 100x PSP`s I still play them each day and they can practicly do the same as the 200x I want.

I might buy a used one near the begin of next year as I do not see the GO get hacked soon.

Greetz, Vistabuser.

Maz7006

iSEXu
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
ChickHEN, but it only works on 5.03, i doubt the ones in the shops will be on 5.03 these days. Your better off just getting your hands on a hackable 2000, heck i was satisfied with my 1000, until it broke
cry.gif

gtmtnbiker

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have 2 fully hackable slims 200x and just picked up a 100x. I have to say that I do like the weight/feel of the fat and can see why people comment on it. They're both good models and you can't go wrong with either of them.

stab244

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Vistabuser said:
Hehe true Irshell do is fun.

I own two PSP 100x myself sometimes I feel like getting a 200x or 300x.

Dont know why perhaps Iam just hardware addicted, but I like the weight and the shiney look of the slims.
IMO the ultimate hacked PSP you can have is: 200x fully hackable.

Not that I feel sorry for getting two 100x PSP`s I still play them each day and they can practicly do the same as the 200x I want.

I might buy a used one near the begin of next year as I do not see the GO get hacked soon.

Greetz, Vistabuser.
The PSP Slims weigh like nothing... I played around with my cousin's and it felt like I could just snap it in half.

Teny

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If you know how to fix PSPs (or other general electronics), then I would highly recommend getting an second hand PSP.
I bought used PSP 1001 before, it had a problem, went back to the store, got another one, and that one also had a problem, so then I had to go back again, and finally got one that works perfectly, but had a couple scratches on the screen. No worries, I just then bought a new faceplate, and it's as good as new.
Then I went to China at the summer of 2008 and got me an red PSP 2006, and just gave my 1001 away to my 2nd cousin.

My timeline of PSP were
(Before Pandora)
1. Cereamic White PSP 1000 (imported from Japan), hacked it, and bricked it by accident messing with Flash0, sold it.
(After Pandora)
2. Bought a used black PSP 1001, had problems (doesn't read UMDs and had a stripped screw), returned it.
3. Got another one, also had problems (left and right doesn't work correctly), returned it.
4. Got another one again, no problems but a couple of scratches on screen, replaced it with a new faceplate, gave it away
5. Got an Deep Red PSP 2006 (while I was in Hong Kong), and currently using with 5.00 M33-6 (can't get the multitasking to work on irshell with 5.50 Gen)

I have flashed all those PSP, I didn't really care the about the UMD not working, but I thought it would be a nice feature to have if it actually did, then I noticed the problem after flashing the 2nd used PSP.

You can look around to find some old 2000 bundles, like the God of War, Star Wars, madden?, and Daxter bundles are all confirmed hackable. I still see some of those around at places, you could also search online, but make sure the site is legit first before you actually buy it.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy: @Xdqwerty, Osu! Tatakae! Ouendan! is the Japanese version of the game, different... +1