Hacking NEWER Super Mario Bros. Wii

  • Thread starter Thread starter RainbowIE
  • Start date Start date
  • Views Views 190,497
  • Replies Replies 571
If you ever need more beta testers just ask me
tongue.gif


Haunted Shipwreck looks awesome BTW. Real nice job guys
smile.gif
 
I'm going to go ahead and announce the big announcement that’s awaiting its announcing.....

Obviously work has begun on our Newer game, as seen with the "Pirate" level. Although we call it the Sunken Ghost Ship level, but that's irrelevant. The big fun surprising part is that we want you guys to get in on the action with us!

Treeki was so kind as to make a few of the guys from our Newer Team part of his Reggie! testing team, and in doing so, we have started to build levels for our game. This being the ultimate test on Reggie, and being super beneficial to us, and now to you guys who can get in on our team because of it.

Obviously we can not give everyone who signs up a copy of Reggie!, but for those of you who are interested, and would like to be on our team, you will be working side by side with at least one person who does have Reggie!... Therefore your suggestions and ideas can be built into NSMBW in real time to see what it would look and feel like. There will be chartrooms and forums set up to deal with the game on a Per-World basis. For example I will be leading World 6 - Starry Skies. For now we will be allowing people to join one world only, and once they prove their worth, we will see about expansion.

So here is your BIG CHANCE to join the Newer team and be part of something pretty neat. The very first step in the NSMBW hacking scene, happening right before your eyes! So if you like what we offer, stay tuned, we will announce over the next day or two exactly how you can get into the Restricted World Chat's, and more precise of what kind of things you can help contribute..... Let this next step in Peach's Rescue continue!
 
Great news Pop006, I knew it wasn't called the pirate level, but thats what I always called it on SMB 3 lol. Well I would love to be able to make suggestions, so if you accept than let me know. If not I want to add an overall suggestion, and it is to try and design levels that incorporate teamwork or just multiplayer aspects. This will probably be more challenging, but for me at least that is what makes NSMB so great, playing through the levels with your friends. Thanks again.
 
Vibestar said:
smb312.png


Maybe something for retro world. I really liked that level.

They've talked about the retro world a bit. It is NOT going to feature remakes of levels from past Mario games, but rather, levels which give the vibe of the old games, without rehashing them.

And I have fond memories of being Raccoon Mario, snagging the last star, taking a big jump, and spinning all the way to the end of the level...
 
Hello, everyone! It's not to late to suggest anything, is it? More in terms of world order, world themes, etc.? I have so many ideas, and I'd really love to see at least a few in action. I'm not a hacker in the slightest (I'm really dumb with technology), but I'd be willing to help in any other way. I'm a huge Mario fan, and taking part in anything 2D Mario-based would be a dream come true to me.
 
Raffy209 said:
Hello, everyone! It's not to late to suggest anything, is it? More in terms of world order, world themes, etc.? I have so many ideas, and I'd really love to see at least a few in action. I'm not a hacker in the slightest (I'm really dumb with technology), but I'd be willing to help in any other way. I'm a huge Mario fan, and taking part in anything 2D Mario-based would be a dream come true to me.
World order and themes are decided already.
 
World order and themes are set already? Ah, I see. Would you mind listing them for me? I've seen some ideas around this thread, but I haven't actually seen any finalized list.
 
World 1 - Yoshi's Island
World 2 - Sewer System
World 3 - Mini-Mega Mountains
World 4 - Toy Land
World 5 - Freezeflame Volcano
World 6 - Starry Skies.
World 7 - Planet Koopa: The Ghostly Graveyard
World 8 - Planet Koopa: The Final Showdown

World 9 - Retro Road


I *think* this is the most up to date version, I may be slightly wrong because the file I found with this in it is somewhat older (in computer terms anyways). If there are any changes I'll update this post asap. START DECIDING WHICH WORLDS YOU WANNA WORK ON PEOPLE!!!!
 
Cool! The names aren't finalized, are they? I think some could be more creative or better-sounding. Here's what I imagine the worlds to be like:

World 1 - Yoshi's Island: A tropical island with long stretches of grasslands, lush green forests, and tall, rocky hills. The landscape is similar to that of SMW. After Mario defeats Larry Koopa, he finds an open manhole, which he jumps into to discover...

World 2 - Stinking Sewers: This dark, dank, underground network of tunnels connects various areas of the Mushroom World. There will be puzzles based on rising and falling water. Piranha Plants abound. Eventually, Mario defeats Roy Koopa. His quest will lead him out of the sewers and onto...

World 3 - Mini-Mega Mountains: Huge rocky peaks jut out of the sea, creating what is essentially another island. A variety of landscapes await on this strange land, including the Jungle of Giants and Micro Mountain Pass. The player must use Mini Mushrooms creatively to discover secrets. Enemies here vary greatly in size. Mario climbs his way to the peaks, defeating Iggy Koopa and finding a teleporter in the castle, which he uses to go to...

World 4 - Toy Kingdom: By far the strangest of the lands, this realm is made out of toys. Colorful blocks, LEGO-style platforms, ABC-lettered Thwomps... you name it. Of course, the wacky Lemmy Koopa took it over and is causing all kinds of chaos. After defeating Lemmy Koopa and his star-patterned circus balls, Mario learns from the colorful native Toads that he must next sail off to...

World 5 - Chill-Char Cove: Arriving by boat, Mario immediately sees the challenge this world imposes. This island looks snow-covered at first glance, but the ice-capped mountains are actually active volcanoes that erupt very often. The landscape ranges from freezing tundra to steamy hot springs to fiery caverns. (I imagine some sort of gimmick that allows the player to change the state of water, from water to ice, although I doubt that's possible. It's a cool thing to think about, though; imagine the puzzle possibilities!) Mario defeats Morton Koopa Jr., finding that the closest portal to Bowser's galactic base lies at...

World 6 - Starlight Heights: These cosmic-blue mountains blend in with the starry sky to create the game's most beautiful region. This sacred sanctuary serves as a place where people in the Mushroom World make pilgrimages to, to pray to the almighty Star Spirits. Once Mario reaches the pinnacle of this otherworldly landscape, he defeats Wendy O. Koopa and finds a path leading to...

World 7 - Death Canyon: Bowser's galactic base, Planet Koopa, is split into two areas. The first is a deserted wasteland, taken over by ghostly fiends such as Boos, Dry Bones, and Broozers. Mario must battle through ghastly haunts (I see the outside of the Ghost House levels being used for the overworld here) and challenging airship levels. He eventually finds his way to a downed airship that's been flooded and taken over by ghosts (cue ghost ship level). After defeating Ludwig von Koopa, Mario discovers a cannon inside the ship. He enters the cannon and gets blasted away, to the area where the final battle awaits...

World 8 - Bowser's NEW Keep: The center of all the mayhem, Bowser's mechanized fortress is broken up into several stages. I don't know how the game is planned to end, so I can't really say much here.

World 9 - Retro Road: I see the bonus world's overworld map being a 3-D rendition of the original 8-bit Mario sprite, like the one used in Super Mario Galaxy's Toy Time Galaxy.

I don't know how valid these ideas are, and since I don't know anything about the storyline, I couldn't make a more detailed summary. I don't even know if the Koopalings are in, either. Hopefully, though, my thoughts will prove to be useful or at least thought-provoking. If you had the patience to read all this, I give you a hearty thanks. :p
 

Site & Scene News