Endless Trash
OP
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
PS4 2.jpg

According to a Eurogamer report and a Sony of Japan press release, the PS4 is getting a new hardware revision later this year. The new system will be rolled out starting from Japan, western release dates are currently unknown.

The system will feature several small changes:
  • Mechanical power and eject buttons, replacing the touch-sensitive ones of the original system
  • Matte finish on the HDD drive bay, giving it a more casual look and making it less of a fingerprint-magnet
  • Lighter than its predecessor (by 10%)
  • Lower power consumption (by 8%)
It has been confirmed that the 1TB model which is due to hit store shelves will be the original revision, the new revision will initially come with the standard 500GB drive.

:arrow: On-going discussion
:arrow: Source

Reactions: TeamScriptKiddies

Foxi4

Endless Trash
OP
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
Nothing groundbreaking, but pretty cool regardless.
I'm not sure if i like the matte HDD bay cover. I hate the fact that the original is a fingerprint-magnet, but I also like how it looked - there's something about mixing matte and shiny surfaces that makes it look appealing. I also like the mechanical buttons - they're far more reliable than touch-sensitive ones, but to be fair, the original buttons didn't cause me too much grief so far. Overall it's nice that they're working on optimizing the hardware - lower power consumption is always nice, as it's usually tied with lower heat, which means less problems in the long run.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: Lol Veho.