Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Foxi4

OP Foxi4 Local Infamous Villain
    Global Moderator

Poland
    PS4 2.jpg

According to a Eurogamer report and a Sony of Japan press release, the PS4 is getting a new hardware revision later this year. The new system will be rolled out starting from Japan, western release dates are currently unknown.

The system will feature several small changes:
    • Mechanical power and eject buttons, replacing the touch-sensitive ones of the original system
    • Matte finish on the HDD drive bay, giving it a more casual look and making it less of a fingerprint-magnet
    • Lighter than its predecessor (by 10%)
    • Lower power consumption (by 8%)
    It has been confirmed that the 1TB model which is due to hit store shelves will be the original revision, the new revision will initially come with the standard 500GB drive.

:arrow: On-going discussion
    :arrow: Source

TeamScriptKiddies likes this.
  2. duffmmann

duffmmann GBAtemp Psycho!

United States
    Nothing groundbreaking, but pretty cool regardless.

3. Foxi4

Global Moderator

Poland
    I'm not sure if i like the matte HDD bay cover. I hate the fact that the original is a fingerprint-magnet, but I also like how it looked - there's something about mixing matte and shiny surfaces that makes it look appealing. I also like the mechanical buttons - they're far more reliable than touch-sensitive ones, but to be fair, the original buttons didn't cause me too much grief so far. Overall it's nice that they're working on optimizing the hardware - lower power consumption is always nice, as it's usually tied with lower heat, which means less problems in the long run.

4. BvanBart

BvanBart Gaming addict #2 and some

Netherlands
    This is not what we asked for! No seriously... why release it with 500 GB 0_o?

5. Foxi4

Global Moderator

Poland
    Whoopsie! Herp-a-derp, my bad, I'll link to that thread and lock this one. :P

Hide similar threads Similar threads with keywords - Revision, Incoming, Lighter

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.