Take it easy~
OP
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
zunephone.JPG

"Global Equities Research analyst Trip Chowdhry may have spilled some beans about Microsoft's upcoming CES showing.

According to the analyst, and Wired's Gadget Lab seems to buy it, Microsoft CEO Steve Ballmer will be announcing a Zune-style mobile device during his keynote at the Consumer Electronics Show in Vegas next month.

The device is said to include "motion enhancement features" like an accelerometer, a large, multimedia-friendly screen and a keyboard.

What's that mean for gaming? Well if nothing else, I'm sure we will see an explosion of portable gaming hit this new Zune device, perhaps even that long awaited Live Anywhere software. But Gadget Lab seems to think that perhaps this device may not be a phone at all, maybe it will be a web-enabled portable Xbox Zune.

On the surface that seems plausible, what with NVidia making a special chip for a mobile Microsoft product, and Microsoft being the only gaming hardware company out there without a portable device for gaming. But with the economy crashing down around our ears, is now really the time for that? It all depends on the price."

Source

CockroachMan

Scribbling around GBATemp's kitchen.
Trophies
Website
www.homembarata.com.br
XP
Country
Brazil
Probably not a XBox Portable.. I don't think that would be worth to try to compete with the DS and PSP right now.

But, I can see Microsoft making a new Zune to compete primarily with the iPhone/iTouch.

mysticwaterfall

Streamforce Supreme Commander
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
These rumors are always so dumb. Last year at CES, MS was suppose to show an "Xmote" that was a wii-mote ripoff that would kill the Wii. That never happened.

I could see an upgraded Zune though, as mentioned above.

JDandy

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
ANOTHER handheld? No thanks. Although... it could take some of the shovelware the DS is being plagued with...

ZenZero

GBATEMP's regular arse.
Trophies
XP
Country
as micrsoft make terrible consoles the portable xbox would suck..

when is CES gonna be anyway???

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: Only thing you catch are STDs. +1