Hacking newbie question

rwilts

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Hi,

1. Why do some of the .nds files show on my mac as UNIX exacutables and some as plain text files ( BY ICONS )

2. Where do the DDST and others get the small thumbnail pic of the .nds they display in their menu's from - do you have to copy over any other files or just the .nds file

Thanks

DDTS in post and getting ready!

nitro2k01

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
1. Why do some of the .nds files show on my mac as UNIX exacutables and some as plain text files ( BY ICONS )
This has something to do with how Finder decides what MIME type a file is. I'm not too familiar with Mac OS so I don't know the details, but for example it's possible that you downloaded one file uncompressed via bittorrent, and unzipped one file, and that the BT client and the unzip programs have different default types. Something along those lines.
2. Where do the DDST and others get the small thumbnail pic of the .nds they display in their menu's from - do you have to copy over any other files or just the .nds file
I believe this is stored on the .nds file. If you've ever tried running a game using the DS' internal firmware, you should have noticed that the same icons exist there too. (One per game obviously)

rwilts

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Thanks,

quick reply, can i take it that 'both' types of .nfs file will work on the TTDS /DS (all things being equal)?

arctic_flame

GBAtemp ATMEGA8 Fan
Trophies
XP
Country
Hi,

Thanks

DDTS in post and getting ready!

1. Obviously, OSX or whatever you're using has a flawed mechanism of guessing the filetype; they should be neither (Just binary files)

2. It's stored in the nds file. You can change it using ndstool if you wish...

Thanks,

quick reply, can i take it that 'both' types of .nfs file will work on the TTDS /DS (all things being equal)?

There's only one kind of nds file.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: I just Luv having CEX :)