OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Pakistan
Hi,

I am thinking of buying a Sony PSP Slim & Lite (series-2000) and would like to install custom firmware so I can install homebrew stuff like emulators on it. To save time, I will be purchasing a Pandora Battery from ebay.

Now, the questions I have to ask are:

1) Can any version of PSP Slim & Lite(2000) be hacked?

2) What else do I need apart from the PSP itself and a pandora battery?

Thanks

khan

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Pakistan
Thank you all for the answers.

One final question, how do I check if the Slim & Lite (2000) model is hackable?

xist

ΚΑΤΑ ΤΟΝ ΔΑΙΜΟΝΑ ΕΑΥΤΟΥ
Trophies
XP
Country
Put a Pandora battery in it with either MMS files or an Ident app. That's the only real way to be sure apart from disassembling it. If you can get a box code with a letter before G then you're in luck but otherwise.....(dot dot dot)

khan

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Pakistan
Another question,
shy.gif
I have been lately following PSP threads and general consensus of people is that Slim & Lite 2000 is still a better buy than 3000, should I still go ahead finding a series 2000 model?

xist

ΚΑΤΑ ΤΟΝ ΔΑΙΜΟΝΑ ΕΑΥΤΟΥ
Trophies
XP
Country
It's a widely contested argument....in my opinion if the PSP 3000 was hackable it'd be the better choice. Issues with the 3000's screen have been greatly exaggerated, and yes if you look at the screen up close you'll see Scan Lines but not at standard play distances where you'd usually hold it. I'd say the benefits of the redesign (excluding the modified IPL!) are worth the upgrade.

Sir VG

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
The motherboard included with the PSP-3000 is different then the late PSP-2000s, and Dark-Alex think's it's hackable (and since he really is one of the most important people when it comes to CFW, you can count on his opinion).

They've also found some flaws already with the 3000s (similar to how the early PSP-1000s had errors with GTA and Lumines), so I'm sure they'll find something soon.

As for if a 3000 is better or not, the screen looks brighter and crisper then the 2000s, plus you can play games on SDTV (interlaced), though sadly it doesn't run at full screen, it's boxed in. A little disappointing, but still looks very good.

xist

ΚΑΤΑ ΤΟΝ ΔΑΙΜΟΝΑ ΕΑΥΤΟΥ
Trophies
XP
Country
Everywhere....there's no best source, you just need to search. QJ is a good start though.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: Good night