Tsien

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello everyone,

I recently stumbled upon GBATemp and saw lots of threads about being able to play downloadble DS games via a Flashcart; I'm completely new to this and I was hoping someone would be kind enough to explain a few things.

I own a 3DS v3.0.0-6U and I'm wondering what exactly will I need to be able play some of the downloable DS game. I know so far that I will need a SD Card and a Flashcart but is that all there is to it?

I'm also bit confused on what type of Flashcart to obtain and from where. I see a lot words being thrown like R4 Gold, DSTWO, DSTT, DSTTI, ETC, and it confuses the living crap out of me.

All in all I'm just hoping a kind soul on here has the patience to teach me 'bout being able to play downloadble DS Games.

PS. From what I've read there's no way one can play downloadable 3DS Games, right? Also, is there a site that's recommended to find DS games?

haddad

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
You must buy a Micro SD Card and a 3DS compatible flashcart that works with your FW for ur 3DS

Check this list: http://gbatemp.net/topic/302773-firmware-update-compilation-thread/

If you got the extra cash, I recommended the Supercard DS2, if not, the next best and easiet flashcard to use is the Acekard 2i

Reactions: 1 person

Tsien

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You must buy a Micro SD Card and a 3DS compatible flashcart that works with your FW for ur 3DS

Check this list: http://gbatemp.net/t...ilation-thread/

If you got the extra cash, I recommended the Supercard DS2, if not, the next best and easiet flashcard to use is the Acekard 2i

Thanks for responding and I was just checking that thread, hahaha. Is there a reason why you recommend Supercard DS2? There's a ton of differen't Flashcarts and it's kind of overwhelming choosing one.

The Catboy

GBAtemp Official Catboy™: Boywife
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
I personally suggest going with the R4i Gold (from that site as well)
I have used Supercard DSTwo, Acekard 2i, and R4i Gold, personally I find Wood R4 (the kernel used on R4i Gold) is a nice mix of simplicity and complexity, making it usable for both veteran and newbies alike when it comes down to flashcards.
Supercard DSTwo has nice features, but that's really all it has going for it; otherwise it's just an OK card in my option.
The Acekard 2i has AKAIO which is a very powerful kernel with tons of features and not very good for newbies to the flashcard world. As well it does update, but not as fast as R4i Gold.

haddad

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Well the Supercard DS2 is the has extra power and is reallty useful too. You can

- Play GBA games without a slot2 card
- Play almost any format of video with iPlayer
- Play SNES games really good, no lag time
- Overall fast and good performance
- Alot more... :)

If you would more info, plz check out the review http://gbatemp.net/t...d-dstwo-review/

--EDIT--

I also agree with Catboy, the R4i Gold is not a decent card as well :)

Tsien

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have used Supercard DSTwo, Acekard 2i, and R4i Gold, personally I find Wood R4 (the kernel used on R4i Gold) is a nice mix of simplicity and complexity, making it usable for both veteran and newbies alike when it comes down to flashcards.
Supercard DSTwo has nice features, but that's really all it has going for it; otherwise it's just an OK card in my option.
The Acekard 2i has AKAIO which is a very powerful kernel with tons of features and not very good for newbies to the flashcard world. As well it does update, but not as fast as R4i Gold.

Thank you for your suggestion and information! m(_ _)m
I'll most likely end up buying the R4i Gold; any formated SD Card should work correct?

Well the Supercard DS2 is the has extra power and is reallty useful too. You can

If you would more info, plz check out the review http://gbatemp.net/t...d-dstwo-review/

--EDIT--

It's not a decent card? I think he said that for the SuperCard SDTwo.
I watched and read the reviews on it and it has a lot of awesome features but I'm just looking at something that can play DS Games without a hassle.

haddad

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada

I'll most likely end up buying the R4i Gold; any formated SD Card should work correct?

--EDIT--

It's not a decent card? I think he said that for the SuperCard SDTwo.
I watched and read the reviews on it and it has a lot of awesome features but I'm just looking at something that can play DS Games without a hassle.

Spelling mistake! I did not mean to say "not"

The Catboy

Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica

I suggest backing up your microSD card and formatting with this program
http://filetrip.net/file.php?id=27344
I also suggested that site personally because I recently bought my R4i Gold from them and I can confirm it's from http://www.r4ids.cn/ which is the card needed to run Wood R4

Tsien

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I suggest backing up your microSD card and formatting with this program
http://filetrip.net/file.php?id=27344
I also suggested that site personally because I recently bought my R4i Gold from them and I can confirm it's from http://www.r4ids.cn/ which is the card needed to run Wood R4

All righties~!
Thank you so much for your help O:

With that set in mind, R4i will have all the needed information to set it up correct? Should I get it with or without the box?

Make sure you have a MICRO SD card, not a NORMAL SD card.
Just a tip.

I have that set, hahaha. Oh, do you know how much space games normally take?

The Catboy

Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica

All righties~!
Thank you so much for your help O:

With that set in mind, R4i will have all the needed information to set it up correct? Should I get it with or without the box?
It's as easy one can get, you download the latest Wood from their site, extract it and drag the "__rpg" folder and "_DS_MENU.DAT"file to the root of your card and your roms can go anywhere you please and you are good to go.
Also it really doesn't matter, with or without a box won't make a difference.

Tsien

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It's as easy one can get, you download the latest Wood from their site, extract it and drag the "__rpg" folder and "_DS_MENU.DAT"file to the root of your card and your roms can go anywhere you please and you are good to go.

Got it~!
Once enough I can't thank you enough m(_ _)m

The Catboy

Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica

Got it~!
Once enough I can't thank you enough m(_ _)m
No problem! ^_^

noob killer

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States

Check this list: http://gbatemp.net/t...ilation-thread/

Thanks for responding and I was just checking that thread, hahaha. Is there a reason why you recommend Supercard DS2? There's a ton of differen't Flashcarts and it's kind of overwhelming choosing one.
dude i own a dstwo r4 and acekard2i i would definitely go for a dstwo or the acekard. the dstwo can plAY GBA GAMES AS WELL

noob killer

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
dude i own a dstwo r4 and acekard2i i would definitely go for a dstwo or the acekard. the dstwo can plAY GBA GAMES AS WELL

That's a nice perk an all but I'm not looking to play any GBA games; just looking for DS Games :3
oh ok if its just games go for acekard its about $10-20 dollor depending where you get it

Tsien

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
oh ok if its just games go for acekard its about $10-20 dollor depending where you get it
Acekard 2i or R4i gold (r4ids.cn) is the best choose for you if you don't care too much the other additional features.

Thank you both for your advice : D
Extremely apreciated m(_ _)m

I just order the R4i from the site CatBoy posted. Hopefully all works well.

noob killer

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Acekard 2i or R4i gold (r4ids.cn) is the best choose for you if you don't care too much the other additional features.

Thank you both for your advice : D
Extremely apreciated m(_ _)m

I just order the R4i from the site CatBoy posted. Hopefully all works well.
dude no problem and good luck

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Sonic Angel Knight @ Sonic Angel Knight: :ninja: