The man who cried "Ni".
OP
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Croatia
moogle.gif

New Year's Eve is upon us. We have to ask ourselves, where will I be when the clock strikes twelve? [/ominous]

We're having a party at a friend's flat. The theme this year is "loud." Last year's theme was "Disco fever" and I gadda say, I look damn good in tight bellbottoms. This year it's about "loud": bright colours, sequins, flash, neon, neon neon. Tinfoil-and-wrapping-paper suits encouraged. Also, we'll be having roast pig. I have to find some edible glitter for that sucker. Neon pink food colouring, hooo yeah.

What about you? Any plans yet?

prowler

Sony
Trophies
XP
Country
Zimbabwe
Like every year until I'm 18 on Christmas day/Boxing day/New years eve I will be at my nanna's with family while they get drunk and me and my cousins watch them make a fool out of themselves
rofl2.gif

Veho

The man who cried "Ni".
OP
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Croatia
I remember all my New Year's celebrations up to and including the age of 20, through no fault of my own, sucking donkeyballs.

Myeah.

I still don't like all the pressure to go out and HAVE FUN AT ALL COST YOU MALADJUSTED PIECE OF FETID CARP, and all the stress everyone's under to plan months ahead and make sure everything's absolutely perfect and under the impression that if you're not having fun there's something seriously wrong with you and you have to force yourself into dancing and singing and having fun.

I hate that.

Psyfira

Credit: 0ml. Insert tea to continue
Trophies
XP
Country
Veho said:
I still don't like all the pressure to go out and HAVE FUN AT ALL COST YOU MALADJUSTED PIECE OF FETID CARP, and all the stress everyone's under to plan months ahead and make sure everything's absolutely perfect and under the impression that if you're not having fun there's something seriously wrong with you and you have to force yourself into dancing and singing and having fun. I hate that.
Plan months in advance? Lol, this year I'll probably be in a friend's living room, small party which was dreamt up sometime last week.

Nothing wrong with staying in though. Sitting up to watch the fireworks out of the window is kinda fun
smile.gif
When I was living back home my Mum would stay up late too which was a nice change, I was usually the only one up after 1030. Then again when I was a kid we never went out, we'd visit family during the day on the 1st instead so not having a crazy party doesn't seem all that strange to me anyway.

Veho

The man who cried "Ni".
OP
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Croatia
Psyfira said:
Plan months in advance? Lol, this year I'll probably be in a friend's living room, small party which was dreamt up sometime last week.
That's how this year's party was thought up. Last Wednesday, over a few beers. But there are people who start with the "so, New Year's approaching, eh?" in September. Luckily we've managed to shut them up this year.

outgum

Pokemanz Master
Trophies
XP
Country
New Zealand
Demonbart said:
I was gonna go and get drunk with my friends, but then some stupid cousin of my mother's decided to get married on new year's eve, so I'm stuck at a wedding party.

Look at the bright side, now you can get drunk at a wedding party? XD

Anyways, Ill be speninding my New Years on the Temp!

Satangel

BEAST
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
outgum said:
Demonbart said:
I was gonna go and get drunk with my friends, but then some stupid cousin of my mother's decided to get married on new year's eve, so I'm stuck at a wedding party.

Look at the bright side, now you can get drunk at a wedding party? XD

Anyways, Ill be speninding my New Years on the Temp!

Yeah, drinks are free there!

FAST6191

Techromancer
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
First is that use of the word party as a verb? If so for shame Veho.

Plans? I tend not to plan more than 10 minutes ahead.

Personally I reckon it will be a friends and family year this year as any other night and I (others less so) can wander around outside but it seems new years is when it all kicks off and as I am one of those untrustworthy people who does not spend it bladdered it usually involves the other person getting hurt.

If not the night before I will probably be playing games so I may well end up sleeping it through.

Re Weddings: "cousin of my mother's", a bit harsh there I think. I mean if it was your cousin or your aunt or you otherwise knew them I could understand but to be compelled to attend such a thing "cold"......

asdf

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Like every New Years, I'll lock myself in my room alone and play video games until the pain of having no friends eats me alive.

...I mean I'll order a pizza then go to bed.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    HiradeGirl @ HiradeGirl: Wlak past the light and kill that giant mosquito.