New Year Competition RESULTS

Fusion Master

WOW Addict :0
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Haha, which reminds me, DeMoNSTaR, you said you'd give it away if you won right?
Be careful of people sucking up to you then!
tongue.gif
That was just to lower my hopes of winning.
dry.gif

Though I was going to give it to a mod here, who used to be on my Custom Memeber Title, but then I remembered that it's my cousin's Birthgday in April, so I can give him my old SP and the X-ROM (or if the X-ROM is better, I'll give him my EZFA
biggrin.gif
)

Don't get too hard on me folks, I never won anything in my life. Not even school raffles, not even online game competitions, hell, I never even won Rock-Paper-Scissors before, I have the worst luck in the world. This is one ray of light in my all-time darkness.
ohmy.gif
I once won $2 on a Scratch-It.

It was the happiest day of my life
smile.gif

ajdude

Trophies
XP
Country
Um...I didn't get alot right....
frown.gif

"Who is the founder of the GBAtemp forum?"
Um...I didn't read the question right...and at the time, I thought that KiVaN, Alexander and Omero founded it?

"What year was the Game Boy Advance first released?"
I forgot what I answered...I think I answered 2001

"How many staff (Admins, Global Mods and Mods) are there at the GBAtemp forums?"
Again, I didn't read the question right... I said 23, cause Hunter is the Technision(sp) and I thought that was part of the staff...

"Who was the original coder of VisualBoy Advance?"
I said Forgotten, of course...

"What's the total number of pixels - not the resolution - on a standard GBA screen?"
I didn't know where to find this...and so I just took a guess, which I forgot...

"On what IRC Network can our friends of #GBAtemp be found?"
I said Efnet...

"What is the exact ROM serial of GBA release Ninja Five-0 (U) ?"
I didn't get the question, instead, I said the number.

"What number of posts do you need in the forums before you can customise your member title?"
I said 500
frown.gif

"Which GBA ROM was released on 25th July 2003? (enter only the game number, for example 0025, or 1853...)"
I got that right, and I think it was Aladdin...

"How many members (including *ALL* member groups) are there at GBAtemp?"
I just said what was on the front page.

Eh. 4/10 isn't bad for my quality...
frown.gif

stivsama

GBA-Tenchan
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
demonstar = lucky bastard!!
tongue.gif
cool.gif

so.. we should be expecting you to promote easybuy now, spread new year good will to all, and "share" your prize once in a while?

Aghh, lucky bastard!!
ohmy.gif

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
congratz to the winner
smile.gif

I missed 2 answers (members count and admin number (found 18 only :wtf:))
I didn't understand why there were "all groups" mentioned, forgot about banned one ^^;

I didn't post anything since I'm registered, but I would like to say I like GBATemp, and I'm here even before this forum exists. I dont remember on which site I met KIVan first, though...
we where trying to find roms, and he had a site deleted, so he said he will make another one, and here it is ^__^

Thank you for this site
smile.gif

Reactions: 1 person

Limerick

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Yeah, got to love the member number question with three answers that made sense hehe. I originally did the method mentioned by Demonstar (26888), but found that it didn't agree with the member id's (found by sorting the member join date in members, finding the newest member who had posted (AgentJ #29769), searching for a post by them, and adding the newer members who had no posts yet (5) = 29774
tongue.gif
) yay for complication! Anyways, it was fun to do lol
tongue.gif
I have more fun experimenting with such intricate details than actually caring if I get it right lol; but in the end, deleted members aren't really members, so, makes sense to me
smile.gif

14 correct answers, quite a low number hehe; that should be the only question I got wrong though
tongue.gif

Any additional stats? Like the number most gotten incorrect (besides member count and admin count, those are obvious); average number of correct answers, etc...
This may be difficult to come by, but just curious. And yes, congratulations DeMoNSTaR
smile.gif

-Limerick

EDIT: Wow, I use far too many smilies, made all the more noticable when I get an image associated with each, rather than on IRC
tongue.gif

Dragons Master

Trophies
Website
www.dgemu.com
XP
Country
Iceland
w00t congrats demonstar
smile.gif
i got 'em all right but i guess life didn't intend this cart to get to me - oh well my 6 f2a carts are enough for now
biggrin.gif
I started ditching my SP for my cube anyways - at least until 'em stupid japs send my DS over!

DeMoN

GBAtemp Guru
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Update:

Okay, I got it yesterday and had trouble with it.
Now it works perfectly. Thank you Costello and Shaunj66!
Thank you everyone else for congradulating (sp?) me.
I encourage everyone else to enter in future GBAtemp competitions, you never know if you'll win or not.

btw, will I be banned from the future competitons because I won this one? If so that'd suck.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: I just Luv having CEX :)