Devin

"Local Hardware Wizard"
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ON4stPcGPxs[/youtube]​

The new xbox 360 dashboard is slowly, but surely being spread over to the consoles registered in the beta. User Fudge has gotten the update, and has reported that MW3 doesn't boot. (As well as a few other XDG3 games, but Saint's Row: The Third boots fine.) Other members have reported that they have MW3 working fine. Some people even report that their copy of MW3 burned without a iHas burner are working fine. I'll update this news post, as more information is available. (I have yet to get the update, and when I do I'll report if the x360dock still works.)

We’ve confirmed that the dae.bin has changed in the new Xbox 360 Fall 2011 Preview Dash (2.0.14686.0). It’s been reported by another team member that there now appears to be 2 tables of challenges, with a combined total of 192 challenges. c4eva has reported to the team that XGD2 and XGD3 backups are still booting under LT+ v2.0/2.01 (from team channel: [2011-11-10 08:58PM UTC] backups,xgd3 still booting). However, do not take this as a sign that everything is fine. We can confirm though that these changes will indeed necessitate new versions of and/or changes to Xbox Backup Creator, abgx360, and several other associated tools. It has also been confirmed by the team that drive fw’s are not affected. All the changes are currently being analyzed, and we’ll continue to update this post when further details become available.

Jax

Pip Pip Cheerioink!
Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
You need to have a Gold account to access most new features, like cloud saving or Facebook connection.

Pardon my french, but that is FUCKING BULLSHIT!

Nebz

The N00b
Trophies
Website
www.facebook.com
XP
Country
United States
I love the look. I'm hoping we actually get to try out some of the services (Youtube, Fios, and whatever else) while in the Program. Regardless, megusta.jpg

EDIT: I didn't realize the title and date of the video. . . .

DinohScene

Gay twink catboy
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
You need to have a Gold account to access most new features, like cloud saving or Facebook connection.

Pardon my french, but that is FUCKING BULLSHIT!

I agree.

Cloud saving should be free (atleast 1 GB of space or 512 MB of space should be free)

Fudge

Remember that death is not the end, but only a tra
Banned
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I now have MW3 and AC Revelations booting fine, both truncated. I've been flagged for a ban though AFAIK, people with flashed drives be weary. Also, if anyone plays offline and wants to give this dash a go, here's a link to install it via USB
*snip*

Satangel

BEAST
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
I love how the dashboard gets updated so often, and with some really handy features something! I'm really liking the 360 more than the PS3 the past year, it's so nice.

AshuraZro

Belongs in a museum.
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Very interesting update to the dashboard. So far I like how it's been done but it'll take me a bit more time to get used to it. The guide menu is thankfully mostly unchanged.

misteromar

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I absolutely hate the mobile phone UI, that they want to use for everything.

I wish they would update Windows Media Center and its ability to play mkv and only being able to have H264 encodes with faac stereo audio sucks.

Gahars

Bakayaro Banzai
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It looks, but I'm not sure if it's really necessary. I feel like I just got used to the last dashboard update.

Then again, I'm a curmudgeon when it comes to these sorts of things.

Hazard7

Trophies
XP
Country
Anyone in UK get the update? I signed up for the beta but not got the update yet.
Just want to know if BBC iPlayer, 4OD and ITV player have been added?

I from Uk and I got the update as well and no I don't think those have been added to this beta. Maybe in the final update.

Vince989

Still lurking around, sometimes...
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
Those who have applied for the Preview/Beta, make sure you go to this site to see if you are in, and if so there will be a few steps to do :
http://connect.microsoft.com/

There doesn't seem to be any new apps right now, as of the Canadian marketplace. Shame, would have loved me some tubes in advance! Oh well, less than two weeks for everything I think.

- Vince989

T-hug

Always like this.
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
GBAtemp.net
XP
Anyone in UK get the update? I signed up for the beta but not got the update yet.

I from Uk and I got the update as well and no I don't think those have been added to this beta. Maybe in the final update.

That sucks on the trailer on the dash all I see is 4 on demand and 5 on demand. Really hope ITV player and BBC iplayer come too!

muckers

Trophies
XP
Country

That sucks on the trailer on the dash all I see is 4 on demand and 5 on demand. Really hope ITV player and BBC iplayer come too!

They will be coming (although iPlayer will be called something different; still functioning the same though. Something to do with rights, apparently).

Had the Microsoft rep in our store a few weeks ago. Really nice guy; let all our staff, even temps, put their name down for the beta. Although he stressed there were limited places and, so far, I've not seen an update.

But BBC Player will be coming to the dashboard, and if I remember rightly so is ITV player. :)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    OctoAori20 @ OctoAori20: Nice nice-