Hacking New with and acekard, please help, freezing

hugs28

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi all I am new to the forum and just purchased the acekards. we had the r4 cards before. However I am finding it very difficult to do certain things with it. We got some games loaded and they work with no problems. However, I am trying to add skins and it won't let me. I downloaded them, and placed them on the micro card etc... I turn on the dsi and go into the sd card part, where I will see a folder with the name of the skin, but then nothing more. I click on it, it does nothing. I also click on the start (word on bottom left screen) and it freezes the whole thing, I have to reboot it.

Also I was trying to get the game cheats to work and followed everything needed, when I click on the start (word on bottom left screen) it freezes again. If I click on the button start it does nothing, same with the y,x,b buttons. I click the select button and it takes the icons to a list with no icons is all it does.

The last thing I was wondering about is why some of the games show a folder next to the name and some show an actual picture so those (my son is 5) who cannot read know the game by the icon. Any help is greatly appreciated. Sorry to sound dumb about this, but I am lucky that it is at least working with games lol. I would not be doing cheats if it were not for my 5 yr old who loves to play, but get frustrated when he can't get through a board.

Thanks all
Dawn

rave420

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
you have to place the skin folder into X:/_AIO/ui

then select it in the AKAIO system menu you can access with start.
also i hope you are using AKAIO as your flash card firmware.

Masked Ranger

Trophies
XP
Country
"The last thing I was wondering about is why some of the games show a folder next to the name and some show an actual picture so those (my son is 5) who cannot read know the game by the icon. Any help is greatly appreciated. Sorry to sound dumb about this, but I am lucky that it is at least working with games lol. I would not be doing cheats if it were not for my 5 yr old who loves to play, but get frustrated when he can't get through a board. "

What is happening: It sounds like you have a game in a folder that is named for the game (X:/Mario/Mario.nds). AKAIO is able to read folders and that is why when you see a game with a folder picture you are seeing the folder and not the game.

How to fix: Take your SD card and connect it to your computer. From the root folder, you might have a folder named "Mario". If you open that folder, you might see a file named Mario.nds. Go back to the main folder and make a new folder named "Games". Move the Mario.nds file as well as the save file (named either Mario.nds.sav or Mario.sav) and move them both to the Games folder. Delete the folder named Mario. Repeat those steps until you have moved all games to the Games folder. (X:/Mario/Mario.nds to X:/Games/Mario.nds

Skins:
Place all skin folders in the _aio/ui folder (X:/_aio/ui/Mario). You can change your skins through your system settings. AKAIO is set up to ignore all files that don't have certain file extensions and not to show certain directories/folders. AKAIO's default settings will never let you see the skin folders.

hugs28

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ok I will try that, and reply back tomorrow. Thanks for that information.

Any idea as to why I can't get into the start menu thing to get into the system options to get the cheats enabled? why it freezes everytime I tap on it?

thanks again
Dawn

hugs28

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
well i got the icons working now, instead of tons of folders, we have pics, easier for my son to figure out what game is what without asking all the time. thank you

As far as the skins go, I did what you said, and I still can't seem to get them on there
angry.gif

Masked Ranger

Trophies
XP
Country
hugs28 said:
As far as the skins go, I did what you said, and I still can't seem to get them on there
angry.gif
Where are you downloading the skins from? If you can tell me where you're getting them from I can give you some installation directions.

hugs28

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I do have AKAIO yes

I was taking them right from the acekard website, I feel like I might be missing a file.

I did the update and all else works fine, its just I can't go into the start menu on the screen, it freezes it and when I put the skins on in the file I was told to put them in, all I see is folders, went into them, the name of the file is there, but I can't get the skin on. I don't know lol. Its hard to explain without screen shots or whatever. I can take pics and post them if needbe, this was you can see what I am doing wrong or whatever.

Masked Ranger

Trophies
XP
Country
You download the skin and save it to a folder. I'm going to use C:/hugs28 to save the RAR file (012063698.rar is the skin that I downloaded using this link: http://www.acekard.com/down_skin.php?id=1750). I open the RAR file using WinRAR or 7Zip. I see that there is a folder named "Mio K-ON". I take that folder and I drag and drop it to my X:\__aio\ui folder so I have "X:\__aio\ui\Mio K-ON". Fire up the AceKard, and you should be able to select the Mio K-ON through the Start Menu -> System Options.

hugs28

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I did that. Its wierd, I am missing something I guess.
I went into the AKAIO folder on the dsi and in there was the menu4 icon and _aio/ folder. If I go into the menu4 one, then it pulls up a AKAIO board that has the calendar, date and time ontop, and the games down bottom with the start icon in the right corner this time. Before going into this folder its in the left corner and it freezes. Now with it being in the right corner, I can click on it and it brings up a list of copy, paste, system options etc.... I don't see anything that says patches or anything. Maybe you can help me from there? Now the only thing is though the AKAIO board only comes up if I go into the folder and the menu4 thing, it does not come on start of the game, all I get at the start is a blue screen on top and a green screen on bottom, then an icon for the sd card and one for the other card (forget what it says) I click on the micro card one and then come up all the games along with the folder for AKAIO and _aio. I will sit down later and see if I can get pics of each screen as I go through it. But if you can understand how I am staying this here is a list:

white dsi screen - tap screen goes to the screen where you select the acekard - select acekard and go to blue screen ontop and a green screen on bottom, then the green screen goes away on bottom and I get micro card icon and a slot2card icon with the word start in the bottom left corner - hit A to go into the micro card icon and get a list of all the games along with the AKAIO and _aio folders, and then it follows what I wrote above, or if I just click on a game icon it just goes into the game.

I hope this is understandable and I am greatful for all the help. I just hope to get this fixed. thanks all

Masked Ranger

Trophies
XP
Country
What do you mean when you say the following things : menu4, board? I'm not sure what you mean by those terms.

hugs28 said:
I did that. Its wierd, I am missing something I guess.
I went into the AKAIO folder on the dsi and in there was the menu4 icon and _aio/ folder. If I go into the menu4 one, then it pulls up a AKAIO board that has the calendar, date and time ontop, and the games down bottom with the start icon in the right corner this time. Before going into this folder its in the left corner and it freezes. Now with it being in the right corner, I can click on it and it brings up a list of copy, paste, system options etc.... I don't see anything that says patches or anything. Maybe you can help me from there? Now the only thing is though the AKAIO board only comes up if I go into the folder and the menu4 thing, it does not come on start of the game, all I get at the start is a blue screen on top and a green screen on bottom, then an icon for the sd card and one for the other card (forget what it says) I click on the micro card one and then come up all the games along with the folder for AKAIO and _aio.

Put your SD card into the computer and rename the globalsettings.ini to !globalsettings.ini. This will force AKAIO to write a new configuration file. Please make sure you have the X:/_aio/ui/Adv.EvoR folder. It's one of the default skins that AKAIO comes with. Restart your AceKard and select Start. One of the options (fourth option I think) is System Properties. Select that option and use your directional pad to change the Adv.EvoR skin to something else my moving left or right.

hugs28

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
What exact files should I have on this thing. I only thought it was AKAIO and _aio however I don't see global settings in either, only in _ak2 do I need that also?

Masked Ranger

Trophies
XP
Country
globalsettings.ini is only in X:\__aio. If you did what I said before, you should only have two folders from the root folder, X:\__aio and X:\games (which holds all your games). Your SD card should look something like this if you are using AKAIO:
Code:
X:\
????__aio
?ÂÂ ????ui
?ÂÂ ?ÂÂ ????zelda
?ÂÂ ?ÂÂ ?ÂÂ ????calendar
?ÂÂ ?ÂÂ ????Adv.EvoR
?ÂÂ ?ÂÂÂÂÂÂ ????calendar
?ÂÂ ????plugin
?ÂÂ ????loaders
?ÂÂ ????language
?ÂÂ ?ÂÂ ????lang_jp
?ÂÂ ?ÂÂ ????lang_en
?ÂÂ ????icons
?ÂÂ ????frames
?ÂÂ ????fonts
?ÂÂ ????cheats
?ÂÂ ?ÂÂ ????CC
?ÂÂ ????bookmarks
?ÂÂ ????ak2loader
????Games
I got rid of some extra languages in the language folder

EDIT: after reading some of your previous posts, it looks like you installed both the official firmware as well as AKAIO, is that right?

hugs28

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
yes mine basically looks like that, accept no bookmarks. I hope these come through, but here are some screen shots I took
1. sd card
2. inside _aio folder
3. inside AKAIO folder

Please tell me if there are things I can take off of there as well to save some space. As well as of course what/if I am missing anything. thanks

I have to see how to post pics, gimme a sec

Masked Ranger

Trophies
XP
Country
You should only have an _aio folder and not an AKAIO folder.

The simplest thing to do is to move your x:\games folder off the sd card, reformat the card, re-install AKAIO 1.8.1 or 1.8.5 and the move the games folder back to the sd card. Put any new skins in the ui folder.

hugs28

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ok so how do you reformat? boy I didn't think I was that dumb when it came to this stuff, but this is confusing the heck out of me lol

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtu.be/zzu0VHzy7tU?si=V2sI-JSptJg0SWmC