WiiPower

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
http://rapidshare.com/files/222590282/WADM...select.zip.html
(no won't reupload, don't ask)

Now the 1st thing you have to do when you start the application is to select which IOS to use. To me this is superior to having seperate WAD Managers for an IOS248 for usb storage, if you have a usb loader cIOS installed. Or for example IOS16 or IOS35 for downgrading.

PS: This should work fine with sd cards and the usb loader cIOS even if usb storage is connected, you just can't use usb storage with these cIOS for now

BIG MOE

๔*๖ LORD BIG MOE ™
Trophies
XP
Country
Syria
Wiipower Brilliant work brother
grog.gif
you are something buddy
wink.gif
keep it up

WiiPower

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Calm down guys. It wasn't that complicated, it did some copy&paste with some other code to get it quickly.

SpaceJump said:
Nice! Which IOS makes USB storage work?

Hmm?
In general all IOS with with the usb storage, it's just that Waninkoko changed something about the usb module inside the cIOS since rev9. Maybe there's a way to use usb storage with these cIOS too, but Waninkoko announced already to release a fixed cIOS.

SpaceJump

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
WiiPower said:
Calm down guys. It wasn't that complicated, it did some copy&paste with some other code to get it quickly.

SpaceJump said:
Nice! Which IOS makes USB storage work?

Hmm?
In general all IOS with with the usb storage, it's just that Waninkoko changed something about the usb module inside the cIOS since rev9. Maybe there's a way to use usb storage with these cIOS too, but Waninkoko announced already to release a fixed cIOS.
Tried it with different IOS to get USB to work, but it didn't for any IOS. So I guess you are right, we have to wait for a fix by Waninkoko himself.

WiiPower

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
SpaceJump said:
WiiPower said:
[...]
Hmm?
Tried it with different IOS to get USB to work, but it didn't for any IOS. So I guess you are right, we have to wait for a fix by Waninkoko himself.

Are you sure your usb storage works at all? Does it have a FAT partition? Are you able to use it with a media player or something else?

SpaceJump

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Yes, it has a FAT32 partition (the first) which works fine with MPlayerCE and Geexbox. Where on the USB HDD do I have to put the wads in? I assume it's root/wad, right?

Hedkandi

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
The only thing i would want now is amount of blocks the currently selected wad takes up and how many blocks are available in the systems memory.

Nice work m8!

WiiPower

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
SpaceJump said:
Yes, it has a FAT32 partition (the first) which works fine with MPlayerCE and Geexbox. Where on the USB HDD do I have to put the wads in? I assume it's root/wad, right?

Hmm strange, your usb storage should work with any other IOS than the usb loader cIOS and IOS4.

QUOTE(Hedkandi @ Apr 18 2009, 09:43 AM) The only thing i would want now is amount of blocks the currently selected wad takes up and how many blocks are available in the systems memory.

Nice work m8!

Well i can get the file size in MB and in blocks(1 block == 128 KB), but the size of an installed channel doesn't match the wad file size. You can check this yourself with your wads and channels. And i have no idea how to get the free blocks count from the nand or how much space is free. And on top of that i doubt that the free space in blocks matches the number of free blocks.

SpaceJump

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
I just tried a 512MB USB-Stick formated in FAT, then FAT32, and this is what I always get:

Code:
Initializing libfat, please wait... ok!
Retrieving device contents, please wait... ERROR! (ret = -1)
Any idea?

TrickyTony

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
My Wii has been off visiting Nintendo for a while now, can someone explain to a dumbass like me why this is needed. Obviously it is, but for what?

maduin

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
amazing! it worked! I've been trying everything to get it to find my FAT32 partition, and this did the trick. Thanks!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @Purple_Heart, ohkay