Hacking New vita owner Help please

ando2011

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hi folks, so just picked up a mint pre owned vita with 16gig memory card for £50

Unfortunately it's on 3.61 few so as far as I know no henhaku is available.
I would like to be able to emulate ps1, mame, SNES games etc on the system. I'd also like to use it to stream from the PS4 occasionally.

From watching some poor youtube videos and searching various websites I'm getting conflicting reports about what to do and where to go!

So could someone please help me to A) update to to safest firmware if nessasary

Best) provide a clear step by step guide if one's available on what to do (kinda like in the nds scene)

Have experience in jailbreaking phones, PS3, modding wiis, wiiu, nds, Xbox, x360, PS2 , dreamcast but am a complete noon on the vita scene......
Many thanks!!

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
If you're on 3.61 you cant run vita mode homebrew, but If you have a PSP game installed you could look into ARK to get access to PSP mode games and homebrew.
PSP SNES emulation isn't bad but not full speed for all games, MAME is limited and I believe the official Sony PS1 emulator only works without sound under ARK.

Guide on installing ARK: http://wololo.net/2017/02/25/install-ark-epsp-custom-firmware-ps-vita-3-63/

3.60 is the 'safe' firmware for vita homebrew, you dont want to update. If you'd like to do more than ARK allows you'd need to consider selling the vita you have and looking for one on 3.60 or below.
Thankfully my vitas are on 3.60 so I'm unable to provide any detailed info on using ARK.

Bit more info: https://www.reddit.com/r/vitahacks/comments/7jew3i/read_this_if_youre_on_361_or_363_or_365_or_367/

Last edited by Count Duckula,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy: Also another 70TB going in the front mount drive bays of this server. 182tb raw, going to...