Hacking New update for 3DS EU doesn´t disable flashcarts.

Xuphor

I have lied to all of you. I am deeply sorry.
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Again, many websites have said it'll do "firmware updates". Either all those websites are wrong, or the Nintendo inofrmation you have is outdated. Either way, we can't tell until later.

Nollog

Trophies
XP
Country
Ireland
Xuphor said:
Again, many websites have said it'll do "firmware updates". Either all those websites are wrong, or the Nintendo inofrmation you have is outdated.
They've no basis for the claim though.
All nintendo ever said was that it would "enable third parties to give more content to consumers, and surprising updates for their game" or something similar.

I'll test it on my 3DS when I get it, but I'm 100% certain it won't update while I'm asleep.

haddad

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Slyakin said:
The ONLY WAY your 3DS can update is if you allow it to. You must go into System Settings MANUALLY and work from there.

But didn't Bi99uy test out the EZVi on a updated 3DS and it still works?

Xuphor

Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Nintendo.com said:
Nintendo 3DS includes SpotPass™,a feature that lets Nintendo 3DS detect wireless hotspots or wireless LAN access points and obtain information, game data, free software, videos and so on for players even when the system is in sleep mode.*

"Game Data" and "free software" is DLC. Videos is obvious. So what is "information" and "so on" then, hmm?
Source: http://www.nintendo.com/3ds/hardware#/9

epicCreations.or

Trophies
Website
whalecakes.com
XP
Country
United States
Xuphor said:
Again, many websites have said it'll do "firmware updates". Either all those websites are wrong, or the Nintendo inofrmation you have is outdated. Either way, we can't tell until later.
I haven't found one that links to an official statement by Nintendo that says it will specifically update firmware automatically. It's always about content or software. Neither the Japanese nor English sites mention automatic firmware updates.

Xuphor

Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
epicCreations.org said:
Xuphor said:
I haven't found one that links to an official statement by Nintendo that says it will specifically update firmware automatically. It's always about content or software. Both the Japanese and English sites do not mention automatic updating.

See my link http://gizbuy.com/2010/10/03/nintendo-3ds-...ing-and-cracks/ that I alread posted.
"The SpotPass on 3DS can seek out WiFi signal automatically and download firmware updates,"

There's more, but I'm not going browsing all around the itnernet during my break.

epicCreations.or

Trophies
Website
whalecakes.com
XP
Country
United States
Xuphor said:
epicCreations.org said:
Xuphor said:
I haven't found one that links to an official statement by Nintendo that says it will specifically update firmware automatically. It's always about content or software. Both the Japanese and English sites do not mention automatic updating.

See my link in this thread. http://gizbuy.com/2010/10/03/nintendo-3ds-...ing-and-cracks/
And if it said it could fire rainbow lasers into the sky without giving a source too, you would believe him ?

Xuphor

Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yup, sure would, I'm just a stupid idiot apparently. Anyway, I'm done with this thread, don't say you weren't warned when SpotPass updates your firmware one day and cuts off your flashcarts.

epicCreations.or

Trophies
Website
whalecakes.com
XP
Country
United States
Xuphor said:
Yup, sure would, I'm just a stupid idiot apparently. Anyway, I'm done with this thread, don't say you weren't warned when SpotPass updates your firmware one day and cuts off your flashcarts.
For all I know it does automatically update firmware and fire rainbow lasers. But unfortunately I can't trust the link you posted or any other online because there is no concrete evidence (source) that Nintendo can and will update your firmware automatically, and no source for the "statement" Satoru Iwata made about it.

EDIT: according to this source I dug up, translated by this site,
QUOTE said:
[...]During a Q&A session at the briefing, an attendee asked if Nintendo would be implementing anti-piracy measures via the internet. Replied Iwata, "As part of the functionality of SpotPass, we're looking into having automatic system updates via the internet."[...]
[...]"Past firmware update methods have required that the player manually initiate the update. In Nintendo's experience, said Iwata, players did not do this very much."[...]

I can't check myself as I'm at school but I'll be sure to check when I get home.

Bi99uy

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
haddad said:
Slyakin said:
The ONLY WAY your 3DS can update is if you allow it to. You must go into System Settings MANUALLY and work from there.

Yupp, and as i said, it still works without a hitch.

Regarding the whole automagically update thingy, that seems pretty risky and stupid from Nintendos side. The whole thing was said the same when the Wii was released, etc. Flashing the NAND without any input from the user would just be asking for trouble on so many levels.

And how i got the system early? It's pretty easy when you have friends in the industry.

Mbmax

Homebrew addicted
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Bi99uy said:
haddad said:
Slyakin said:

Yupp, and as i said, it still works without a hitch.

Regarding the whole automagically update thingy, that seems pretty risky and stupid from Nintendos side. The whole thing was said the same when the Wii was released, etc. Flashing the NAND without any input from the user would just be asking for trouble on so many levels.

And how i got the system early? It's pretty easy when you have friends in the industry.
Agreed. Without EULA, when a firmware update is done, a company takes too much risk. I doubt big N will do such thing.

For the rest, i just wish to remind some dates :
Europe – March 25
North America – March 27
Australia – March 31

in a couple of hours we are the 25th
rolleyes.gif

deadmaker

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
I think it'd be wiser to wait until after the May update before using flashcarts, since it's gonna be a worldwide one. Maybe they're keeping the blocks/bricks for this update. If after that the flashcarts still work, then it's safe to assume nothing will be bricked.

haddad

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
deadmaker said:
I think it'd be wiser to wait until after the May update before using flashcarts, since it's gonna be a worldwide one. Maybe they're keeping the blocks/bricks for this update. If after that the flashcarts still work, then it's safe to assume nothing will be bricked.

why wait? we have a temper here (Bi99uy) has tested out a flashcard on the 3DS with newest firmware update, and no problems has occurred

Rydian

Resident Furvert™
Trophies
Cave Entrance, Watching Cyan Write Letters
Website
rydian.net
XP
Country
United States
Xuphor said:
Given the recent rash of "flash carts WILL brick your 3DS111!!!" news posts, we've learned not to listen to most sites until we test things for ourself, or they have an actual source that's not fear-mongering (like Nintendo is now).

deadmaker

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
haddad said:
deadmaker said:

why wait? we have a temper here (Bi99uy) has tested out a flashcard on the 3DS with newest firmware update, and no problems has occurred

Yeah I know that, and it makes me even more anxious get the console!! But what if this May update includes a strong AP measure or even this brick people are talking about? I think I wouldn't risk having my 3DS bricked because I couldn't wait a few months!

Anyways, I know it's gonna be difficult for me to do this, 'cause yesterday I had my DSi stolen! I had it for just 4 months...
cry.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    DinohScene @ DinohScene: Anyone dumb enough to get banned for spouting profanity deserves it.