Hacking New to wii mods

W.I.C.K.E.D.

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I just got a black wii, for like $69 at a pawn store today. I don't know much about these as far as loaders, but I wanted some opinions or recommendations if possible. I believe its on 4.3u, and I don't know what options I have. I would like to use an external drive for games if possible, but I'm open to alternatives if that is not possible. Any recommendations by fellow tempers, or a good place for me to start? Thanks in advance

FIX94

Former Staff
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Yep, if you would like to play gamecube you will need to use DML since new wiis cant play gamecube games on normal disc way anymore, nintendo removed it from the dvd drive for some reason.

W.I.C.K.E.D.

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ok. So I got everything installed. What format should I make the hdd, and what file format should the backup files be? After that, I believe I'm done...hopefully.

W.I.C.K.E.D.

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well, I ran into a new obstacle. I purchased two black plus remotes today, and testing the first I had an issue. When conf usb loads the remote just shuts off, and then I can't do anything. I tried an off brand without + and it worked fine. Is there an update or something I should or could do to fix this?

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
The new Wiimote+ require the updated library when creating the homebrew.
Some Homebrew (USBloader for example) are still using the old libraries without the support of the new Wiimotes.

You can compile the homebrew with the newer library or ask someone to do it if you don't know how.

OR, you can use any wiimote in the USBloader, and once in the game then swapp the wiimote by using the Home Menu > Re-order the wiimotes.

SifJar

Not a pirate
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Yep, if you would like to play gamecube you will need to use DML since new wiis cant play gamecube games on normal disc way anymore, nintendo removed it from the dvd drive for some reason.
GC controllers?

For GC games yes!
megazig's point was that DML won't be much use on the new Wii's without GC compatibility because you can't connect GC controllers, so FIX94's advice wasn't great. (It may be possible to connect GC controllers, but only if you solder on ports to the motherboard, which is beyond most users capabilities.)

Reactions: 1 person

W.I.C.K.E.D.

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Just in case anyone runs into the same issue with the wii + controllers, connect your console to the net, go to system updates in the settings of cfg usb loader, and update to v70 r15, it fixes this issue :yay:

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtu.be/MddR6PTmGKg?si=mU2EO5hoE7XXSbSr